Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:18 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,470,298 times

Advertisements

I've been a long time reader of PW too. She's great with words. I also like the blog better than the show. She's just better at that. The most uncomfortable I've ever seen her was as a judge on Iron Chef America. She just needs to quit that altogether.

Sometimes when I see some of the shots of her youngest that she puts up, I think he's going to come back later in life and be a little po'd at his mama .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,624 times
do they have other ranch hands to help out? If so, do they live on the ranch? Does she cook for them?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:39 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,860,380 times
Default Is it possible to have both gas and electric in one stove top?

I was just watching an episode I TIVOd from 4-28-15. Ree Drummond was cooking on her stove top and it looked like one side was gas and the other the flat electric. I saw no break between the two sides except a seam. I thought all professional cooks wanted only gas. Is it possible she really does have one side of each? Why would anybody want both kinds? I know the left side was raised gas grates and right was flat electric. I'm baffled. I'm pretty sure she was in the lodge but I don't guess that makes any difference.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:30 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,375,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I was just watching an episode I TIVOd from 4-28-15. Ree Drummond was cooking on her stove top and it looked like one side was gas and the other the flat electric. I saw no break between the two sides except a seam. I thought all professional cooks wanted only gas. Is it possible she really does have one side of each? Why would anybody want both kinds? I know the left side was raised gas grates and right was flat electric. I'm baffled. I'm pretty sure she was in the lodge but I don't guess that makes any difference.
Here you are no kudzu: Day 338: Random Peeks | Pioneer Woman Home & Garden | Ree Drummond

I am going to move this to The Pioneer Woman thread since this is about her kitchen.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:38 PM

117 posts, read 117,336 times
the other cooktop is induction, not a simple electric cooktop.

Edit: oh wait, i should have clicked on the link. it is not induction, it is some other gas thing.

However, if you see a range that looks like gas+electric, the electric looking section is usually induction

Old 07-02-2015, 02:48 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,375,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabush View Post
the other cooktop is induction, not a simple electric cooktop.

Edit: oh wait, i should have clicked on the link. it is not induction, it is some other gas thing.

However, if you see a range that looks like gas+electric, the electric looking section is usually induction
Perhaps it was the griddle she was seeing?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:30 PM

I watched a few more episodes and saw what I thought was flat electric was the space between two sets of gas burners and probably wasn't electric. I'm thinking maybe it is some sort of deep fryer place or something like that. but it certainly does have concentric circles and is flat. ...as best i could determine.

You can see a glimpse of that flat space in this picture.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/chefs/ree...-drummond.html

Old 07-31-2016, 11:32 AM

I use a lot of her recipes, especially after watching her show which I TIVO. She's a good photographer but I find the gazillion photos annoying. Just post the recipe and then post the pictures but I have to scroll for 5 minutes through photos to ever reach the recipe. I like to look at the ingredients first before I decide if I want to try a recipe.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:59 AM

20,866 posts, read 28,221,361 times
BTW she lives on 120,000 acres!!!!

Old 07-31-2016, 12:03 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,229,901 times
I really enjoy her show. I like her recipes and the glimpses of ranch life, but the best part is the interaction of the family members. They seem like such a nice family, and they all seem to enjoy each other's company. Maybe it's just for the camera, but it's refreshing and comforting to see that kind of familial affection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink