Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:32 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
4 cans is nothing. So when you drank soda, did you feel bloated or did you feel shriveled? I drink lots of soda because I enjoy it. Why do people feel everything they consume has to have health benefits? I drink Grey Goose vodka also. I'm pretty sure the only health benefit I get from that is some relaxation. My time here is short, I drink and eat what I enjoy.
do you know that the US has the highest rate of cancer, obesity, diabetes and heart disease in the world?

some say the cause of cancer is unknown but to me I think it is caused by poor health habits, eating and drinking a lot of processed food that have a lot of unnatural and artificial ingredients such as soda pop.

drinking soda displaces or replaces nutrition in your body and those who drink lots of soda tend to have poor health habits and lack proper nutrition. often because your body starts to develop a craving for the soda and other junk food and you start preferring soda and the junk food over proper food, or not eating enough proper food. which over time weakens your immune system. lacking proper nutrition and good eating habits weakens your immune system and sooner or later makes you vulnerable to a whole host of serious health problems including cancer, all kinds of diseases, obesity, etc. and people wonder why the cancer rate is so high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,512 times
Isn't is obvious??
People who are overweight are prone to depression.
Most overweight people drink diet soda.
They get depressed because they are overweight and drink diet soda to not feel guilty.
Does that mean that diet soda cause depression AND alleviates guilt ?
Are we taxpayers paying for these silly studies?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
30% is a tremendous number. Tremendous. But do we know if the study is valid?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
30% is a tremendous number. Tremendous. But do we know if the study is valid?
4 cans of soda a day is also tremendous number. when you are putting that much crap into your body on a daily basis then yeah I think it can make you feel pretty miserable. do you really need a study to tell you that?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 PM

38,880 posts, read 22,864,124 times
I used to be addicted to Diet Pepsi until about 4 years ago. I drank a can of it every day. After reading an article on what long-term ingestion of aspartame can do to one's health, I became concerned and decided to kick the diet soda habit. Since giving up drinking diet soda, I've lost almost 25 pounds plus I feel healthier and I have more energy. Nowadays, I drink mostly water, fruit juice or milk. On occasion, I will indulge in a sweet tea from Chick-Fil-A or McDonald's.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
so far 1 month without diet soda,I did take a sip of my husbands the other night and spit it out Bleh! I used to be so addicted to it. He feltlike a diet soda with pizza we had the other night so when I picked up a few slices I got him 1 can. Even he said it was bleh but he drank it anyway. We both stopped drinking it.It's water or club soda for me.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
A research that included more than 250,000 people, which will be officially released at the American Academy of Neurology's annual meeting in mid-March, revealed that people who drink four cans or more of soda daily are about 30 % more likely to be diagnosed with depression than people who don't drink soda.
Diet Soda Linked to Depression in NIH Study - US News and World Report

I assume, it's the sweetener asparmante, a neurotoxin which cause many other scary side effects.
I saw this on TV while we were cruising and take it with a grain of salt, like most of these studies. First of all, they were comparing those who drank more than 4 sodas a day, that would be like comparing those who drink 4 or more cocktails a day and finding they are unhappy or depressed or overweight, whatever....?? I really think these studies are hyped up by the media when they want to start a debate or it is a slow news day...BTW, I am not defending soda, i don't think I drink 2 a year...

Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
do you know that the US has the highest rate of cancer, obesity, diabetes and heart disease in the world?

some say the cause of cancer is unknown but to me I think it is caused by poor health habits, eating and drinking a lot of processed food that have a lot of unnatural and artificial ingredients such as soda pop.

drinking soda displaces or replaces nutrition in your body and those who drink lots of soda tend to have poor health habits and lack proper nutrition. often because your body starts to develop a craving for the soda and other junk food and you start preferring soda and the junk food over proper food, or not eating enough proper food. which over time weakens your immune system. lacking proper nutrition and good eating habits weakens your immune system and sooner or later makes you vulnerable to a whole host of serious health problems including cancer, all kinds of diseases, obesity, etc. and people wonder why the cancer rate is so high?
I really do not think what you are saying is based on honest studies. Remember, every country keeps data in a different way, plus many illnesses go undiagnosed in third world countries. I have a very hard time believing we have a higher rate of cancer, obesity or any of the other deseases you mentioned that say, Mexico, Africa and central or south America...Again, studies just do not tell the entire story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink