Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 PM

306 posts, read 758,278 times

Advertisements

I remember when a Ruby Tuesday actually had live entertainment and great food, a place to go on a Saturday night (Knoxville). Then store locations went to the mall during the 80s and nowadays you can find them along the Interstate. Food quality and service has gone south, in my opinion.

Do you think their location strategy and target market is right on for 2013? What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
There's a lot of competition for places like Ruby Tuesday:

TGI friday's (the main competition), Chile's, Outback and Buffalo Wild Wings to a lesser extent. each person has their own favorites mine are friday's and BWW.
When there's only 1 thing on, or want a quick bite I'll go to Friday's. When there's multiple events on, or going with my friend's, most of the time I'll choose BWW because thats where they like to go to. However, if someone wanted to go to Ruby Tuesday, or Chile's I'm definitely NOT going to decline just because its not one of my favorites.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I like their burgers. However, the past couple of times I've gone, service has been lacking bad. Plus one closed down and I was surprised at that.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
There's a lot of competition for places like Ruby Tuesday:

TGI friday's (the main competition), Chile's, Outback and Buffalo Wild Wings to a lesser extent. each person has their own favorites mine are friday's and BWW.
When there's only 1 thing on, or want a quick bite I'll go to Friday's. When there's multiple events on, or going with my friend's, most of the time I'll choose BWW because thats where they like to go to. However, if someone wanted to go to Ruby Tuesday, or Chile's I'm definitely NOT going to decline just because its not one of my favorites.
In my area it seems like O'Charleys is their main competition. I think Applebee's is more "at risk" than Ruby Tuesday though.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
The ruby Tuesday's, tgi Fridays, and o Charleys have closed several locations in my area. The last time we went to a ruby Tuesday's the service was slow the food was bad and we swore never to go back. Then some time past and we forgot how bad it was and tried them again - same result. Then that one closed. I believe the next one closest to ms is in our biggest mall but I won't go.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I've seen a lot of them close down. I actually used to like them back in the 90s, anymore I really don't care for them at all. Many times I will decide not to go to a restaurant and stay gone for a few years and try them again. Well I tried them again and I still don't like them.

TGIFridays is on ban list as well.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I used to like them a lot. Where I used to live it was top notch, but the one I go to where I live now has worse food and is sort of grimey looking.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
A friend and I waited 30 minutes for our table on Saturday night. Apparently it's not all that unpopular.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
I don't even see what makes Ruby Tuesdays original or unique.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
The last time I went to Ruby Tuesdays was a few months ago. I like going to restaurants off-peak when I'm by myself, when hubby is at the golf course for the day and I'm left to my own devices. So it was -just- before the dinner rush, and I was seated immediately in a mostly-empty dining room. I went to the salad bar after picking an appetizer with the waitress. The lettuce was brown on the edges, the spring mix was wilted. There weren't any olives or garbanzo beans, they had chopped white onions but no chopped red onions, they had pickled salad selections (like olive salad and antipasto salad), and some tuna that looked like they forgot to drain it before adding the mayo.

I returned to my table and waited for the waitress to tell her I changed my mind about eating. Ten minutes later, she showed up with a single biscuit (the ones they bring right after you order). I told her never mind, all I wanted was a salad and an appetizer, and since I can't have half of what I wanted, I wouldn't be eating there at all.

Haven't had any appetite to return to Ruby Tuesdays, since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink