Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
LMAO!

That reminds me of an incident shortly after my wife moved in with me. We got up in the middle of the night (but before falling asleep) for breakfast. She was going to make an omelet. Well, we have a plastic egg tray in the fridge with a lid on it. It holds a dozen eggs, but we had 13 in it, which meant that the lid didn't close on it. No matter, she goes to the fridge, gets the egg tray along with all the other ingredients and tries to balance it on the "tipsy" lid to carry across the kitchen to the counter.

Halfway across the kitchen things begin to slide.

A second later everything is flying upward. And in the middle of it, 13 eggs.

We didn't get an omelet that night, but I've been kidding her about her 13-egg-omelet ever since.
Sounds like one night when I wasn't feeling well and SO ordered pizza for us. I got the parmesan cheese out of the fridge to put on the pizza and I went to shake the container and ooops...whoever used it last did not close it all the way.

OMG it looked like it was snowing. I shook that thing, and I shook it hard. It was everywhere. I felt awful, and he cleaned it all up for me..... he still teases me to this day and I still check to make sure it is closed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
LOL! Aren't kitchens fun places!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times
Kitchens are fun places unless one is a klutz like me ! I like to come up with meal ideas but my wife does most of the cooking.
I end up cutting a finger or burning my hand when trying to cook these days.
We will try some of the egg recipes posted here soon, at least eggs are still pretty cheap here. I just had pancakes and now I'm daydreaming about Eggs Benedict !

Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what a wonderful and funny story...I hope you are still married, and the egg fight ended...I would rather throw an egg than a glass of wine, like my X daughter in law did..Needless to say, this was just one the start of their X relationship...
We were together for quite a few years. There were lots of good times. He later was a fireman and became a great cook!! (For some reason, he made his own breakfast, after the egg blast.)

Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Whatever works!

You can micro scrambled eggs. Bit of oil in a bowl of mug. Crack eggs and stir. Vary time on according to your micro. Eggs will puff up big and look like they're about to explode. When the microwave stops they'll sink back down quickly. Bit of salt. Throw 'em on some toast. A quick scrambled egg sandwich.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
Microwaving scrambled eggs is a little tricky. If you don't take them out before they look done, they'll harden and turn green on you. Sooooooooo easy to overcook them, and it's so easy in a pan on top of the stove, why risk it?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Microwaving scrambled eggs is a little tricky. If you don't take them out before they look done, they'll harden and turn green on you. Sooooooooo easy to overcook them, and it's so easy in a pan on top of the stove, why risk it?
A minute on high in the microwave works for me, with a little milk, butter or margerine, yummy.

Green and you don't mean green chili??? yuch!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I have a pair of silicone egg rings that I got for pennies when cookware store was closing and having clearance.

I like to do the lid method, but I tend to use only shallow pans/skillets with slanted sides so I can easily slide the eggs out.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 AM

Speaking of eggs, does anyone like cold or warm leftover pizza with coffee for breakfast? One of my favorite breakfasts; quick and easy and I think yummy.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Speaking of eggs, does anyone like cold or warm leftover pizza with coffee for breakfast? One of my favorite breakfasts; quick and easy and I think yummy.
Yep! Besides being a balanced meal it's great at any time. You've got your dairy,proteins,grains and (hopefully) veggies, wheat crust even better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink