Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM

741 posts, read 1,283,410 times

Advertisements

Grossest thing ever: Monday mornings when my Mom forced me to eat some cold canned fruit cocktail for breakfast. Every. Single. Monday.

Best: My DH makes great home made pizza, so good. That and this one piece of carrot cake I ate at a restaurant years ago lingers in my memory. So moist, with real pieces of grated carrott lingering in the cake, firm walnuts sprinkled through out. With stiff cream cheese icing that clung in your mouth, melting. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,197,360 times
Default Lemon Pledge Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
We were in Florida in a hotel and ordered a pizza. Now, how bad can a pizza be? It was a Cuban food menu so we ordered a Cuban pizza. Sounded good. I ate 2 bites and could not eat a bit more. I am not a fussy eater & can usually find a redeeming quality about most plates. This was like, literally, eating a piece of cardboard, hardly any sauce or cheese either. We laugh about it now.

Lemon Chicken sort of.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,509,831 times
Posted by TimeMachine - Best: My DH makes great home made pizza, so good. That and this one piece of carrot cake I ate at a restaurant years ago lingers in my memory. So moist, with real pieces of grated carrott lingering in the cake, firm walnuts sprinkled through out. With stiff cream cheese icing that clung in your mouth, melting. Sigh.[/quote]

Oh my mouth is watering for that carrot cake which is one of my all time favorites. That and red velvet cake since they both have the yummy cream cheese icing.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,357,289 times
When I went to Italy I had the worst pasta meal ever. Thought I'd make a Spaghetti dish with seafood, and put some fish in there which had the most astringent, awful taste. The whole thing tasted like sewage and freaking sulfuric acid. Chucked it on the floor in disgust. That was in Rome back in 2007. I nearly vomited.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,357,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Posted by TimeMachine - Best: My DH makes great home made pizza, so good. That and this one piece of carrot cake I ate at a restaurant years ago lingers in my memory. So moist, with real pieces of grated carrott lingering in the cake, firm walnuts sprinkled through out. With stiff cream cheese icing that clung in your mouth, melting. Sigh.

Oh my mouth is watering for that carrot cake which is one of my all time favorites. That and red velvet cake since they both have the yummy cream cheese icing.
This thread is supposed to be about food that made your eyes water not ya mouth.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM

247 posts, read 265,290 times
Moons Over My Hammy at Denny's.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,389,924 times
I can't remember. It was that lousy.

Although, being that I've tried authentic Vietnamese sandwiches from Viet Nam, Lee's Sandwiches meat tastes like rubber, bread like cardboard (really scratches the roof of yo mouth), and is like the Taco Bell of one of my fav beloved sandwiches.

Lee's not even a Vietnamese name.

It's all about the original baguette and real meat from Cali Sandwiches! Bomb diggity!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:04 AM

20,855 posts, read 28,180,725 times
We stayed one night in a hote about 20 minutes from our housel while our bathroom was being renovated and decided to order from a taco place nearby. We both ordered burritos which could have easliy fed 2 people so I only ate half of mine. Anyway the lady who came to deliver our food stunk of some cheap perfume that it permiated the food. Everytime I took bite of my burrito all I could taste was perfume. Needless to say after that, the bathroom was our best friend for next hour LOL.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,771,688 times
We stopped at a new local restaurant to see what their food was like. The menu had some very nice descriptions of their dishes. My wife ordered a plate that came with "oven-roasted new potatoes." When we got our meals we noticed everything came from a can or a microwave pouch. Do you have any idea how bad canned potatoes taste after they've been dried-out in an oven - not to mention their rubber texture?

The restaurant was closed a month later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink