Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 PM

247 posts, read 266,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
They know it is a safe bet because obese people won't live long.
Well at least the name of the place speaks for itself. It literally is a heart attack on a grill.

I don't think I've ever had my burger or fries cooked with lard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Given that healthcare costs for the morbidly obese are roughly 50% greater than for a 'healthy' individual. Thus, it could be successfully argued that this restaurant is actually saving taxpayers money.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
This doesn't surprise me

Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I fail to see the virtue in that.
Adults are free to do whatever they want to their bodies, but when a restaurant misleads its patrons into thinking they're eating healthy, they interfere with that freedom, at least from a moral standpoint if not a legal one. This place freely admits their food is unhealthy instead of preying on poorly informed folks who think they're eating healthy by choosing the grilled chicken Caesar salad that has enough fat and salt to stop your heart.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
We are going to Vegas in a few months. I sent the link to my SO. No doubt it will be on his "top ten" of places to eat in Vegas.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
We are going to Vegas in a few months. I sent the link to my SO. No doubt it will be on his "top ten" of places to eat in Vegas.
It is fun for the experience. The food is nothing to write home about. It's kitschy, you put on a hospital gown and a cheesy wristband. The servers are scantily clad "nurses". If people cannot figure out that a place like this is just for fun, well, I guess they get a Darwin award.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,621 times
How can people blame the restaurant?

Why not blame the farmer for raise'n the wheat to make the flour that is used to make bread that people spread too much butter on and eat a loaf at one sitting? Or blame enough rain to raise the wheat crop?

Sounds stupid doesn't it? Then quit make'n excuses for people over eating or not take'n care of themselves, it's not your right to tell a person how to live. Oh, wait.....this is America.....it's our right to make someone elses business our business and try to control them.

Hey, at times I'm guilty of it also.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It is fun for the experience. The food is nothing to write home about. It's kitschy, you put on a hospital gown and a cheesy wristband. The servers are scantily clad "nurses". If people cannot figure out that a place like this is just for fun, well, I guess they get a Darwin award.
Ha ha! I sent him the link, he wants to know what day we are going, and if we need reservations...knew he would love it. The man thinks bacon fat is a seasoning, and main ingredient.

I find it interesting that folks over 350 eat free...all the time? Every day? I hope that place has some strong chairs.it seems like that is sort of odd...do they want obese folks at their establishment? Or just more free publicity when they keel over?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM

519 posts, read 1,023,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
Oh, wait.....this is America.....it's our right to make someone elses business our business and try to control them.
Yes. That uniquely American trait where people think about the lifestyles of others, and form judgments. Won't find humans doing that anywhere else on Earth.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Ha ha! I sent him the link, he wants to know what day we are going, and if we need reservations...knew he would love it. The man thinks bacon fat is a seasoning, and main ingredient.

I find it interesting that folks over 350 eat free...all the time? Every day? I hope that place has some strong chairs.it seems like that is sort of odd...do they want obese folks at their establishment? Or just more free publicity when they keel over?
It's part of the kitsch. I have no idea if it's a standing offer. There is a big scale in the middle of the restaurant. Last time I was there, three of us jumped on the scale together and the waitress took a picture for us. They park an old ambulance outside and also have an outdoor scale for people to have fun with.

I took my son there for his 21st birthday where he got a serious paddling from the "nurses."

The chairs are standard sized as far as I could tell, and I didn't see any particularly obese people in the restaurant either time that I was there. Don't ask for a light beer. They'll laugh at you.

When you guys go down there, be sure to hit up "Insert Coins" for some nerdy retro-gamer fun after your "bypass" burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink