U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Status: "Trump: tantrums and lies until gone" (set 4 days ago)

3,831 posts, read 3,774,889 times

Advertisements

[note, I thought about putting this in the Food or Health forums but decided on Great Debates]

OK, we all constantly hear about certain food and drink being bad for our health: meat (esp. red and processed meat), dairy, alcohol, sugar, empty carbs (like white bread, french fries). All can lead to heart problems, diabetes, cancer, etc. And all are readily available and enjoyed by most people.

So which is the worst? [any doctors out there?]

If John Doe regularly eats/drinks alot of ________________ [choose one (meats, dairy, alcohol, sugar, empty carbs)], what is the order of risk?

Let's not debate the ranges within the groups or the particularities of John Doe... let's keep everything relative. Thanks

Last edited by Back to NE; 03-07-2013 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,611,881 times
No one knows. lol

Really, I used to read a lot about nutrition, but I just got so confused that I gave up trying to figure out what to eat. Every doctor, PHD, nutritionist, etc has a different theory...and most are contradictory. Make sure you eat some vegetables....that's about all you can do!! haha

Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM

31,278 posts, read 57,490,958 times
There is no black and white.

Everyone's body reacts differently to different foods or other environmental variables. Some people can eat carbs to their heart's content and experience no ill effects. Others can drink gallon after gallon of coffee without feeling the side effects of caffeine.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 602 times
Unhygenic Food is not good for health.Every one can eat more food .It doesn,t matters.
<ahref="http://www.zahdangroup.com/">Food4u</a>

Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Status: "Trump: tantrums and lies until gone" (set 4 days ago)

3,831 posts, read 3,774,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
No one knows. lol

Really, I used to read a lot about nutrition, but I just got so confused that I gave up trying to figure out what to eat. Every doctor, PHD, nutritionist, etc has a different theory...and most are contradictory. Make sure you eat some vegetables....that's about all you can do!! haha
Yeah, this is generally the mentality I have. Maybe I hope sugar is less harmful because I'm a bit of an addict.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 AM

9,209 posts, read 10,187,294 times
Eat and drink what you like. Life is a time for gustatory pleasure, not miserable and wretched denial of those wondrous senses of taste, smell, and the pleasurable touching of foods and drinks on the tongue and mouth.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM

109 posts, read 127,642 times
Things like this just makes me really confused. We see lot of news and reviews about foods being unhealthy and that we should try avoiding them. But to think about it it's just so hard to find good stuffs which are really healthy. You can't even guarantee that vegetables are healthy when you don't know how they grow it. It's the things they put in crops that make it harmful for us.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM

2,431 posts, read 4,406,530 times
I think this week's vice is Yellow Dye No. 6 -- no Cheetos, Cheezits, or Mac & Cheese.

They're always coming out with new studies that contradict the prior ones. Drink wine. Don't drink wine. Red meat is good for you! No meat is good for you...

I think my one vice will always be at the top of their list though: salt. I like it more than anything.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:13 PM

6,951 posts, read 8,914,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yeah, this is generally the mentality I have. Maybe I hope sugar is less harmful because I'm a bit of an addict.
Ah, but it makes you crave meat. Meat and sugar together are so horrible for you! The fact that you can get addicted to it should tip you off. What's worse for you, an addictive substance like beer or a non-addictive one like carrots? You get three guesses and the first two don't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or