Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would a frog in your can of beans make you stop eating beans?
Yes 7 20.00%
No 28 80.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
They are a delicacy, but I believe they should be cooked fresh, not canned.
You mean, the canned chunk chicken really IS chicken? Huh. I thought they called it that just cause it tastes like chicken. Whaddyaknow!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,002,068 times
Hmmm...frog legs and beans.....nah....just send the check.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
When I was in a college, a friend of mine was dating a guy who worked in a vegetable canning factory. Very prominent brand, which I won't name. But he said that there was a conveyor belt that moved the cans along near the floor, where they were filled, and that there were snakes slithering around on the floor of the place next to the cans. Blech!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
...there were snakes slithering around on the floor of the place next to the cans. Blech!
Doesn't bother me a bit - that means there wouldn't be any rats or mice around .

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Would a dead fog in a can of beans make you stop eating beans for good?

News, Frog found in can of green beans

SOUTH BEND, Ind., April 29 (UPI) -- An Indiana woman said she received a $50 refund from a canning company after discovering a frog in the green beans she served her family.

Gloria Chubb of South Bend said she bought the house-brand can of beans at a Meijer store and took it home to serve to her family, WWJ-AM, Detroit, reported Monday.

Read more: Gloria Chubb found a frog in her can of green beans from Meijer - UPI.com
A long time ago, I was making some cow thing...a roast of sorts. The scent of roast permeated the entire house and I was salivating in anticipation. When it was finally ready, I took it out, let it cool for a bit and then began to slice in to it.

My knife hit on something.

"But this is boneless", I said to myself.

:: clink, clink ::

Wth is that?!

I cut all around and discovered a fricken BULLET in the meat.

Long story short, I got a refund on the meat, an apology but yes, it did gross me out enough for a good year that I didn't eat cow. So a frog in a can of beans would most definitely turn me off and probably keep me away from them for possible life. Which, is fine because I rarely eat beans, not my thing.

Having said all of that, I find it more disgusting that she bought her beans in a can. BLECH!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
That's it..I am going to make sure and wear my glasses when opening and pouring canned
Stuff into a bowl!!

I stopped eating chicken wings years ago because I bit into a wing and pulled a black feather from my mouth!!!! (Churches fried chicken)

I probably would not buy that brand of beans again though.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
If I got a frog in my beans it wouldn't stop me from eating beans , but would stop me fron eating that brand probaby.

Years ago I had a friend that found a huge whole grasshopper in her canned green beans.

I went to a well known grocery store that serves chinese food in their deli. I got chow mein and took it to my car with a fork to eat. I opened it and sitting right on top was a dead cockroach. I took it back in and they asked if I wanted another order of it and I said no. I haven't eaten the deli food from that particular store since.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
I am not sure.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You mean, the canned chunk chicken really IS chicken? Huh. I thought they called it that just cause it tastes like chicken. Whaddyaknow!

The More You Know!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
In all likelihood, the froggy had expired before he ever hit the canning line; nay, even while the beans were being harvested. I'm pretty sure that inspection is only cursory and a flattened frog could easily slip by the inspectors.

I wouldn't eat that can of beans, simply for aesthetics. But foreign objects are not uncommon in foods. Pays to look closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink