Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Gentlearts, You've just given me an idea for my dinner. I've had some parsnips in my fridge for a little while now and just keep moving them to the side. What a waste. I also had read about the different ways to use parsnips and thought about it but keep forgetting.......so thanks to you I think that will be a part of our dinner tonight. I took out some cube steaks now I just have to figure out how I want to prepare those and have some mashed potatoes and sliced fresh tomatoes and dinner will be all figured out! Once again this thread has made my life a little easier!
The parsnips were good for a change, but a little woody. I've had parsnips that weren't, but I don't know how to pick them so they aren't.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:03 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Although I'm overdue for an ice cream for dinner night I had the urge for a 'real' dinner tonight.

Made up some panko/parmigiano crusted thin sliced boneless pork chops with a squeeze of fresh lemon, honey-ginger glazed carrots, and smashed potatoes. Turned out to be one of my better "I can fake it like I know what I'm doing" dinners

Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 PM

558 posts, read 818,517 times
Tonight, I baked a chicken breast stuffed with chopped portabello mushrooms, mozarella cheese and basil rolled in bread crumbs. For sides I had green beans and new potatoes. I had a glass of Castello D'Albola Pinot Grigio Fruili to go along with it.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The parsnips were good for a change, but a little woody. I've had parsnips that weren't, but I don't know how to pick them so they aren't.
My spouse always looks for the fat ones rather than the skinny ones; he swears that the thicker the parsnip, the sweeter and more tender it'll be. Based on the sampling that I've done over the past three decades or so, I think he must have something there.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
911, what is your emergency?

Quick, you need to rush some carbs over to SKBS's house.

Carbs? M'am, this is 911, for emergency purposes only.

But you don't understand...this IS an emergency. The poor woman's been making WW meals for her husband. She has to have carbs NOW or she's going to die on us and we need her here on the food forum.

Well, now that you've explained the situation....1 Adam 12, 1 Adam 12, see the woman at 123 Maybelle court. Be sure to go in with Mashed potatoes at the ready. Woman is in dire straits.

1 Adam 12...we're on it, dispatch.

<SNORT> I couldn't rep you, NMS, but that one is the post of the day as far as I'm concerned!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL....ROLFLMAO.... You all at least have me laughing... too bad CD isn't letting me rep you... but just know you all are REP'd in my book.... oh, my sides hurt....thank you for that.... I needed that.... oh, the 911 call was priceless! that IS what I feel like though.... omg.... I am losing wt and I don't need to... it is insane... My size six pants are getting too big... I don't need that. My daughter told me I wasn't allowed out in public in the pants I had on the other day because they were too big... I don't want to have to get new pants- I just GOT new pants... cant afford that... I NEED MY CARBS...LOL.... I think I need to start stuffing my face with pasta for lunch....LOL....

Dinner tonight.... Chicken Rolled with spinach and carrots inside, dipped in FF dressing and sprinkled with bread crumbs and baked mmmmmmmm (w/ sarcasm in voice), Brocolli- again, Salad with ff dressing and all the fixings, Cajun Corn.... Yippee-blah-Skippy.... Yoohooo........ must remember I am being supportive
Took care of the reps for ya!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Had a Macaroni Grill box just add chicken thingy tonight w/peas. I'm embarassed that I made a box thingy but my DS really wanted it. I guess it's ok, we made a case of applesauce today and I finished off my tomatoes by making sauce out of 'em.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Talking A 211 In Progress??? No, Just More Carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
911, what is your emergency?

Quick, you need to rush some carbs over to SKBS's house.

Carbs? M'am, this is 911, for emergency purposes only.

But you don't understand...this IS an emergency. The poor woman's been making WW meals for her husband. She has to have carbs NOW or she's going to die on us and we need her here on the food forum.

Well, now that you've explained the situation....1 Adam 12, 1 Adam 12, see the woman at 123 Maybelle court. Be sure to go in with Mashed potatoes at the ready. Woman is in dire straits.

1 Adam 12...we're on it, dispatch.

1 Adam-12, Roger! I think we should get Martin Milner and Kent McCord over to our personal dinner table for a big feast. Maybe the aformentioned fish tacos would be just the ticket!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,152,975 times
Oh my NMS! I needed to smile. Thank you! SKBS I have made a califlower mashed potato and it is actually really good. I believe it is a diabetic recipe. I will find it.

Today was tough at work. I have a customer that comes in and is just a butt head. He rubbs everyone wrong. He ordered a beer. Pushed a five dollar bill toward the employee that served him. The employee pushed it toward me.I am the only one to touch the till. Before I could reach for it the butt pushed it back toward the other employee. Reading body language I thought he was saying keep the change. I took the 5$ and put the rest aside (1.35). When I walked away butt head put his hands in the air and said where is my change? I apologized and said I thought you were tipping him. He krinkled his face and said thats a steep tip don't you think? I said not necessarily not everyone tips on percentages. Then he kept making faces and shaking his head. I stayed polite. I wanted to ask if he had any friends.... My boss followed me out to my car when I was leaving. She sensed something was wrong. My eyes filled with tears I told her I thought he was just a mean lonley person (in other words maybe ). He could see me through the window so I pointed at him. I felt he should know it was about him. She said she would tell him he is no longer welcome in her resturant. agh... I don't like stuff like that to happen. First time for me Maybe better off.
Sorry I just wanted to tell someone. To late to call mom. I am not a mean person nor do I understand why you would be... Butt head should be happy I did not tell my hub... I know I am ha ha.

Thanks giving is going to be crazy. I need help on ideas of what to tell family to bring. Please

Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Default A bad day indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Oh my NMS! I needed to smile. Thank you! SKBS I have made a califlower mashed potato and it is actually really good. I believe it is a diabetic recipe. I will find it.

Today was tough at work. I have a customer that comes in and is just a butt head. He rubbs everyone wrong. He ordered a beer. Pushed a five dollar bill toward the employee that served him. The employee pushed it toward me.I am the only one to touch the till. Before I could reach for it the butt pushed it back toward the other employee. Reading body language I thought he was saying keep the change. I took the 5$ and put the rest aside (1.35). When I walked away butt head put his hands in the air and said where is my change? I apologized and said I thought you were tipping him. He krinkled his face and said thats a steep tip don't you think? I said not necessarily not everyone tips on percentages. Then he kept making faces and shaking his head. I stayed polite. I wanted to ask if he had any friends.... My boss followed me out to my car when I was leaving. She sensed something was wrong. My eyes filled with tears I told her I thought he was just a mean lonley person (in other words maybe ). He could see me through the window so I pointed at him. I felt he should know it was about him. She said she would tell him he is no longer welcome in her resturant. agh... I don't like stuff like that to happen. First time for me Maybe better off.
Sorry I just wanted to tell someone. To late to call mom. I am not a mean person nor do I understand why you would be... Butt head should be happy I did not tell my hub... I know I am ha ha.

Thanks giving is going to be crazy. I need help on ideas of what to tell family to bring. Please
We all face these types from time to time. I certainly did when in retail management. I tell folks I've done my hard time now it's someone else's turn. You did good and you got through it.

Now for Thanksgiving. Are you fixing every thing or will some of the guests be bringing a dish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink