Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Great story midwest! So funny! Ah, I do remember those days! I do miss them even if they were so hectic! Thanks for sharing in such a colorful, enjoyable post!

Today I will finish up the apples--making a couple more pots of applesauce to freeze. It does make the house smell wonderful and it is so simple it's no problem.Then we will head down to the store to pick up the needed ingredients for my cabbage rolls. Those will probably be tomorrows project.
Dinner tonight may be fried chicken elstons way! That Maryland fried chicken. I'm thinking that cooking with wine may not be such a good thing in my house---I seem to manage to drink more of it then I cook with! Ha! It sure makes cooking a lot more interesting!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
MWBW I SO wanted to rep you.... darn it all CD.... why can't you just hand out those points like cookies? That is a great story.... still don't know what is for dinner... just finished dishing out the cereal to the kids. It is almost BUS time. Have a great day all- when I figure out what lowfatlowcarblowsodiumcardboardtasting item I am creating for dinner tonight I will let you know

Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all-slept in a little this morning-it's still so dark out.

Ling and white clam sauce was really good and easy to throw together after a whacky day,

Today-shopping and eating out for lunch and dinner!!!!!

Cyn wine is healthy for the cook-makes them adventurous!!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:20 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I am making Creole for tonight. Shrimp Creole for me and Chicken Creole for DH, who isn't a big seafood fan. The chicken is already cooked, so it's a quick fix. Both will be served over rice.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 dashes cayenne pepper
pinch thyme leaves, crumbled
2 bay leaves
6 to 8 green onions, chopped (I am only using 4)
1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, undrained (I use stewed tomatoes)
1 small can tomato paste
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced

Heat oil. Saute veggies & spices until the veggies are tender. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Then I'll divide into two saucepans and add raw shrimp to one and the chicken to the other. Simmer the chicken til heated through and the shrirmp approx. 10 minutes.
Just to update y'all on last night's dinner... There wasn't enough to split into two saucepans and simmer long enough to cook the shrimp, so I wound up using two cans of stewed tomatoes and adding more cayenne. It would have made enough had I not needed to split it up. It came out tasting very tasty.

This afternoon I'm just planning to put some grape jelly and chili sauce into the crockpot and add some kielbasa. That way when I am done running errands and am too lazy to cook dinner, it will be done. All I'll have to do is add a side or two.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
MWBW I SO wanted to rep you.... darn it all CD.... why can't you just hand out those points like cookies? That is a great story.... still don't know what is for dinner... just finished dishing out the cereal to the kids. It is almost BUS time. Have a great day all- when I figure out what lowfatlowcarblowsodiumcardboardtasting item I am creating for dinner tonight I will let you know
You are so funny! I had to laugh. But give yourself credit, you have been making some great sounding dinners! Unless you tell me they are some kind of diet I wouldn't even know!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:25 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Good Morning all....

No clue what dinner is tonight but probably last nights Mexican meatloaf which was good. I haven't cheated on my diet so last night I did. So not worth the heartburn but good going down.

Have a great day.
Cyn, I too need to make some applesauce to get rid of the apples. I would love apple crisp but applesauce will have to do.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 AM

There you go---planting a seed again! Ha! Hmmmmmm, apple crisp. I'd forgotten all about that! I think I could save a few apples back from the applesauce and maybe make an apple crisp! Great idea. Now if I can muster up the energy and courage!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,694 times
Spaghetti carbonara and salad.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Fish chowder made with halibut tonight. I'm undecided on what kind of rolls.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 AM

OK crazyworld.....there is only the two of us here so I'd like to cut your apple crisp recipe in half. I tried that with the peach cobbler and had a problem....is this recipe fairly easy to just cut in half? I have your apple crisp recipe in my recipe file and would just cut everything in half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink