Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 01:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,212,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I'm joining you guys!!!! NMS showing 3 to 4-we're an hour behind you.
Oh, I thought you had 2 showings - one early in the afternoon, one later. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
NMS, it started out at 39 degrees this morning and it has actually warmed up to about 70!! I can handle this......but they are talking 20's overnight by Tuesday and low 50's during the day!!!!

Last year I was wearing shorts for Thanksgiving and for Christmas lunch, DH and I packed a picnic and went to the beach!! Guess I better go shopping for some warmer clothes....!!

I know that from Key West it took us about 24 hours of driving time to get here, so depending on how far up the coast you are, you might be here by dinner time TOMORROW night!!! LOL
We're in the Ft. Myers area, so it would be a bit. Maybe lunch tomorrow!

Old 10-26-2008, 01:44 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,310,924 times
Just want you Minnesotans to know that as we were loading the groceries in the car just now, it started snowing... thanks everso for sharing, guys! Really, you shouldn't have, you're all just way too generous. I'm glad I got the bulbs in when I did; now, if only the bunnies and the squirrels don't dig 'em up to munch on, we'll have a nice colorful front garden bed in about April.

Supper tonight will be on State Street, as we've got tickets to see Avenue Q at 7:00 tonight. Spouse is jonesing for sushi, so I suspect we'll wind up at Takara for his fix. I don't mind a bit, of course, as I like it just as much as he does.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday afternoon, snow notwithstanding, and good luck to you, Lacey, with that 2nd showing - hope it generates a good offer!

Old 10-26-2008, 01:47 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,993,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Just want you Minnesotans to know that as we were loading the groceries in the car just now, it started snowing... thanks everso for sharing, guys! Really, you shouldn't have, you're all just way too generous. I'm glad I got the bulbs in when I did; now, if only the bunnies and the squirrels don't dig 'em up to munch on, we'll have a nice colorful front garden bed in about April.

Supper tonight will be on State Street, as we've got tickets to see Avenue Q at 7:00 tonight. Spouse is jonesing for sushi, so I suspect we'll wind up at Takara for his fix. I don't mind a bit, of course, as I like it just as much as he does.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday afternoon, snow notwithstanding, and good luck to you, Lacey, with that 2nd showing - hope it generates a good offer!

Well those of us who live in Minnesota are nothing if not polite and we love to share. Haven't you ever heard of Minnesota nice?!?!?!?!

Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM

849 posts, read 1,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Well those of us who live in Minnesota are nothing if not polite and we love to share. Haven't you ever heard of Minnesota nice?!?!?!?!
My hubby's from St. Paul, but now loves the Sunshine state of AZ.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:59 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,231,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
I've been away from the 'What's for dinner' thread for awhile, but thought I'd try to slide back in, if that's ok!! I haven't been cooking much lately since we are currently living in a leased condo while we are househunting, and the kitchen is SO TINY!!! There is barely room to turn around and let's not even talk about the lack of countertop to work on!!

However the mood hit and I jumped in the kitchen and cooked up some yummy 'southern' fried chicken - yes, I fried it because it's the only way DH will eat it!! And some homemade potato salad, broccoli slaw and honey cornbread!! And of course, I had to top it off with some homemade chocolate chip cookies!!! Definitely not a meal for watching the waistline - but I figure that when it's cold out, we need some good ole comfort food!!!

It's good to be back and I look forward to my favorite part of this group - learning new recipes and how to do them!!!
First thing I want to do is welcome you back! You have been missed. You know you don't have to be preparing the meal you can help those of us who need your wise guidance--like me! It is so nice to see your smiling face here! Welcome home!!

Now for the snow bunnies...guess we are very lucky here in NC as it's in the 70's and not a cloud in the sky! I just had to change into a short sleeved blouse! I'm sure our turn will come. The night temps are suppose to drop into the low 30's tonight. Brrrr.

Boy, that fudge sure sounds good right now---wonder how it would last in the mail? Ha! Maybe I'll do some fudge this year. It's been awhile. Cranberry sounds really interesting. I have made cherry fudge and that was great! Guess it's getting to be that time of the year when those are the kinds of things we will be cooking hopefully. It will make for some good recipe sharing!

I'm sending some warm weather to all of you in the snow...should be there in a day or two!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,795,490 times
MWBW-what more can I say that Molochai didn't!!! It's just that "Minnesota Nice" thingy!!!

It is bitter and so windy-just raw.

People were here 1/2 hr-Mr L is thinking positive-me I always look at the glass as half empty-speaking of which I need a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh very slight cabbage smell-but comforting.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,224,910 times
Lacey, I am with Mr. L.......I feel like this is the one!!!!! However, the cabbage smell....LOL

Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,795,490 times
BB-I did light my LampBergere oil for awhile-it's not stinky-LOL!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:55 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,231,467 times
Oh lacey...I'm so hopeful for you! It's time.....

Old 10-26-2008, 02:55 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,842,200 times
Lacey sending positive glass half full happy thoughts your way... LOL... I am a half full kinda gal!! I have to be to even out hubby (he is the half empty type) GOOD LUCK..... sending vibes now........ LOL.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink