Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Lazy man's dinner tonight. As I do periodically, made an olive tapenade and enjoyed it with salami. pepperoni, provolone, roasted red peppers, crusty bread, etc. + a few glasses of wine. The tapenade will do double duty later this week being tossed with pasta & cheese.

AJ and Lacey, glad to hear your loved ones are doing well, the truly important things in life

Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Hope Mr. L gets better soon!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:10 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
[quote=burdell;5882198]Lazy man's dinner tonight. As I do periodically, made an olive tapenade and enjoyed it with salami. pepperoni, provolone, roasted red peppers, crusty bread, etc. + a few glasses of wine. The tapenade will do double duty later this week being tossed with pasta & cheese.

Ah! I can't stand it! Still at work and I want some of Burdell's antipasto and some wine!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:13 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Hope ya found some cracklins?
I wish!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Uh-oh! Now look what we've done to our newbie!
Shame Shame on us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ya know if you used Mole sauce you'd get the choc we all need and not the sugar! Hmmm, mole on a potato now there's something to try!!!!!!
I've got it! Mole, it's not just for chicken anymore!
Chocolate? Did someone say CHOCOLATE???
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
(It is coming to me....I would love to have a steak.....maybe I will go out and buy a nice steak and fire up the charcoal for supper.)
Never go wrong with a good steak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
39 days until we close on our house!!
Congrats!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
If I buy "steak" I would rather chop it up, marinate it or not, and make.. what else... drum roll, please......
taco filling.
Imagine THAT!!!
Quote:
I think I just made another executive decision here. I'm going to thaw a steak out and have some of those steak taco's. Yep I've made my mind up. Sounds like an easy winner. Have some lime juice and sweet onion with jalapeno. Wife will need to stop and get some sour cream and cheese and we are good to go. I think these will complement the brownies real well.
You are amongst the few I know who plan their dinner around their dessert! Bless you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Welcome back! Glad to hear your huby's doing great.
Tonight, I'll cook salmon. I haven't decided how.
Thanks so much!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
EDIT..... Daughter #1 has spit the meat loaf into a huge pile in utter disgust declaring it the nastiest meal in "eternity"... must be a new word at school and she figured she would try it out on dinner.... but Daughter #2 is on her third pc.... So... that is success in my book
Oh NO!! LOL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Beef stroganoff tonight. Have a great evening.
I love that! (Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I cheat on my stroganoff recipe and use cream cheese...shhhhhh!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey all it sounds so good-changes here as Mr. L has been hospitalized with what the doc thought was appendicitis but after tests it's Crohn's so they're keeping him a few. So whole wheat eng muffin, cottage ch and salad here and I'll freeze all the leftover cabbage.
Oh Lace! You and DH are in my thoughts and prayers!
Quote:
I sure hope they don't take the Velveeta away. At least it has no seeds or husks...
What WOULD you do if the big V was verbotten????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I also wanted to update you all on my Mom. She had her mastectomy on the 14th and got her pathology report back Thursday. They got all the cancer and it had not spread to the lymph nodes. She will see the oncologist in the next couple of weeks and they will probably start her on hormone therapy. She will not have to have radiation or chemo, she has done so well, no pain pills at all just very, very tired. We are so grateful for God's mercy and blessings in this. Thank you for your kind thoughts and support.
I am so happy to hear the good news! God is good!
Quote:
We are very glad to hear the good news ajzjmsmom. It seems as if there has been a lot of not so good news lately. After losing a cousin a couple weeks back another one had brain surgery Monday. At first we got good news all was fine. Then we were notified they had done all they could do and he is terminal with brain cancer. Same cousin survived kidney cancer a couple of years ago. Our family has been riddled with health issues on both sides of the family all over the county. Of course we are at the age of expecting some issues too. We take the good with the bad and carry on. That's all we can do and take it one day at a time.
OH, no! I am so sorry to hear that! Be healthy! What would we do without you???

Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM

LOL......nomad, I just read what I wrote......let me clarify....the big V I was referring to is VELVEETA!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
LOL......nomad, I just read what I wrote......let me clarify....the big V I was referring to is VELVEETA!!
None needed. I know what the Big V stands for....

Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh thank you all-the worst is yet to come as he's doesn't adapt to change very well.
Sending good thoughts towards you and your stubborn DH. It's suprising, though how someone can adjust when their health depends on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Hello all I have been busy and haven't been on here, but tonight we are having nacho potatoe soup and hot colby ham sandwiches, it is soccer and football practice so time is of the essence.

I also wanted to update you all on my Mom. She had her mastectomy on the 14th and got her pathology report back Thursday. They got all the cancer and it had not spread to the lymph nodes. She will see the oncologist in the next couple of weeks and they will probably start her on hormone therapy. She will not have to have radiation or chemo, she has done so well, no pain pills at all just very, very tired. We are so grateful for God's mercy and blessings in this. Thank you for your kind thoughts and support.

Lacey sorry to hear about your hubby, hopefully he will be able to adjust to the new diet and keep it under control. I am off and running now.
Glad to hear the good news about your mom.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Night......the charcoal grilled steak was fantastic as well as the beans and rice/potato choice. It was relatively easy to keep within my diet guidelines.....and delicious!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:59 PM

Yum, Elston! We had steaks the other night and I want more! 'Nite!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Finally, I can come back here, had company! Sigh.

Had an easy dinner, fixed lasayna with mixed greens w/mandarine oranges and home made dressing, topped it off with a nice dinner roll and fresh chocolate cake.

I'm nicely full and relaxing back watching the ballgame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink