Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 06:36 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times

Advertisements

Tonight my husband is having Italian suasage and peppers with ravioli. I use the crock pot to make a big batch and freeze single portions for him. This is his favorite meal. Me, I don't like it. I cut up green peppers, throw them in the pot, put Italian(sweet) sausage on top, and pour Prego sauce on top. Cook it all day and drain off the grease. Serve with frozen ravioli. Super easy.

I'll be having a big bowl of homemade veggie and bean soup with parm cheese.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Tonight will be our calamari......I have never fried it at home.....but am not afraid of the deep fat . I am looking forward to it.....I bought some marinara sauce to dip it in and will also fry some spears of zuchinni to go with it.
For lunch there will be.......lobstah rolls.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Tonight will be our calamari......I have never fried it at home.....but am not afraid of the deep fat . I am looking forward to it.....I bought some marinara sauce to dip it in and will also fry some spears of zuchinni to go with it.
For lunch there will be.......lobstah rolls.
It sure doesn't help the calorie count, but I love calamari with aioli dipping sauce best, or remoulade. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't know what's for dinner tonight. Last night's meatballs were OK, but the delicata squash I made was so stringy we threw it out.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Not sure what it is tonight but whatever it is it will be quick. We usually get close to 200 Trick or Treaters....
Have a BOOtiful Day!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Two dinners in a row!! Both turned out not-so-good! Tonight is probably mac and cheese! I'm pretty sure I won't mess that up! I don't know how y'all keep so positive when a dinner fails to be good! It's really hard on me---of course I have a very picky hubby--he's a friggin' perfectionist! And because "he" cooks so well it's double hard for me! I was ready to throw the towel in last night....really felt down. I guess you just have to go back to square one. UGH!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 AM

Okay, so now I have vented.....

Have a wonderful, fun and safe Halloween!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Two dinners in a row!! Both turned out not-so-good! Tonight is probably mac and cheese! I'm pretty sure I won't mess that up! I don't know how y'all keep so positive when a dinner fails to be good! It's really hard on me---of course I have a very picky hubby--he's a friggin' perfectionist! And because "he" cooks so well it's double hard for me! I was ready to throw the towel in last night....really felt down. I guess you just have to go back to square one. UGH!!!
Aw Cyn, what happened to last night's dinner?

It couldn't have been worse than that nasty stringy squash I served. And I don't know why my meatballs weren't as good as usual either. I told my husband, it's not so great tonight, but eat it anyway, and he did.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:31 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post

Cyn I have had a ton of disasters. It is funny because DH will never tell me if he does not like anything and that stinks too because I would rather know if he doesn't like something so I don't make it again.
If I really screw up we either go out or do take-out or soup and sandwich.
Don't feel bad......life's too short. Look at it as lesson learned not gonna make that again.

Look how far you have come and the incredible meals you have made...You are who you are and that's great in my book!!!!!!!

Yesterday is over...turn the page.
Onward and upward.

OKAY did all those words of wisdom help at all??? LOL

Old 10-31-2008, 07:51 AM

Okay crazy, you did it..you brought tears to my eyes! That is so sweet....you are all so encouraging and I'm so darn sensitive! You are right...it happens. But it was the roasted root veggies that I made before and were so very good last time. Stupid me, I didn't bother writing down what I did the first time because it seemed so simple. I don't know what was different but they had no flavor and didn't carmalize. Maybe I cooked to many at a time..I just don't know. I think as the day wears on it will just become another lesson as you said! Thanks for the kind words!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Cyn-we all have days like that. I bet even Martha Stewart's had a few-BUT she'd never admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink