Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 04:30 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times

Advertisements

Well figured out what's for dinner, bbq chicken, butter beans, macaroni salad, corn maybe some biscuits. Hope everyone has a great evening, I cleaned the house today and I am exhausted. So it is going to be an early night for me.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
The lasagna was so good. Would you believe we pigged out and there are no leftovers for my lunch tomorrow. How can two people eat a 9x9 pan in a single meal? Well we did.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:18 PM

79 posts, read 319,791 times
Tonight was steak & shrimp and mac n cheese.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:41 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The lasagna was so good. Would you believe we pigged out and there are no leftovers for my lunch tomorrow. How can two people eat a 9x9 pan in a single meal? Well we did.
I have half a bar of Green & Black's chocolate sitting open on the kitchen counter in the hope that someone will eat it instead of me - but I guess you're too full?

I am not allowed, as I have eaten the other bar and a half in the last... not many days ...and don't have time or inclination to do the 25 mile run needed to burn it all off....

Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I have half a bar of Green & Black's chocolate sitting open on the kitchen counter in the hope that someone will eat it instead of me - but I guess you're too full?

I am not allowed, as I have eaten the other bar and a half in the last... not many days ...and don't have time or inclination to do the 25 mile run needed to burn it all off....
I just spotted another box of brownie mix on the kitchen counter. No one informed me this was national chocolate month but I will go along for the ride anyway.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Okay here goes:

I use a large glass trifle bowl.

Make a chocolate cake mix according to directions for 9x13 pan.
When cooled, cut in pieces and slice these pieces in half.
In bowl-layer of cake, layer of chocolate pudding, layer of whipped cream, layer of crushed kit kats. Continue layering and end with whipped cream and kit kats. Serve with a big spoon.
Best made the day before or at least early morning.
Thanks Lacey. That sounds so good. Wonder if I could use Peanut Butter cups instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Tonight, leftovers from yesterday, beef stew, cornbread muffins, a vinegary savory cole slaw (no mayo - the way i like it).

And for dessert - drum roll please: tiramisu. Very good with a mocha topping.
It "all" sounds good. I don't think I have ever had tiramisu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
We are about to eat a late lunch/early supper. Dad has grilled a whole chicken - you know the kind where they put a beer can up it - but he has a contraption that does the same thing. We are also having homemade cornbread, butterbeans that we put up, green beans, fried okra, collards, and some of the leftover smoked pork roast. I may go into a coma later!
Hey Kat. Sounds like a good ole southern meal. Hope you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, Skbs has had the afternoon to cool off....
So, I am making up some Veggie Burgers Loaded with Sauted Zucchini and Red Onion in BBQ Sauce and Salads for dinner.... (Decided to play nice....LOL)
Good for you. Try not to go to bed mad. I'm not sure if the temper is "just" an Irish thing. I think all of us women never forget, LOL.

Quote:
OMG, are you sick yet? I hope it was well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGAL76 View Post
Tonight was steak & shrimp and mac n cheese.
You had me going until the mac n cheese. I don't mean that bad it was just unexpected.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

OMG, are you sick yet? I hope it was well worth it.

Me no sick. I had a Prilosec...

Old 11-05-2008, 05:55 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
I heard of a Pumpkin Pie/dessert today that does not involve chocolate but is so good (I am told) that it can make grown men weep.

It involved a can of pumpkin and a can of evaporated milk cooked together with spices, topped with a pack of yellow cake mix, melted butter poured over and then baked till the top is crispy.

Anyone have a recipe for this ambrosia?

BTW In searching for it I did find this little collection of amazing-looking goodies...includes;
Koeksisters
Malva Pudding
Wildebeeskastaiings
Star Pudding (Sterpoeding)

Jan Ellis Pudding

...just reading it I put on 5 pounds!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
southdown, I think it's pumpkin dump cake if I'm not mistaken. I think I read a recipe somewhere yesterday. Let me see if I can find it for you (it won't be till tomorrow, tho).

Hey, Lacey...I'm 1/2 Irish, 1/4 German, so look out! That's REALLY stubborn!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:06 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Did my invite get lost in the mail?
Must have, since you are surely welcome anytime!
Quote:
Probably so. I'm in a stupor after reading about the fried okra and collards and now heading for a nap to sleep it off.
Definite stupor here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
So, I am making up some Veggie Burgers Loaded with Sauted Zucchini and Red Onion in BBQ Sauce and Salads for dinner.... (Decided to play nice....LOL)
Sweet of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink