Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I agree! I am going to be doing some heavy browsing in this thread until I find something that "grabs" me! Wish me luck, I'm goin in....................
To funny! But that's about how it is....

Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Nothing quite like a nice piece of Mahi Mahi! We use to go to La Paz in Baja California (Mexico). We use to fish for Mahi Mahi but down there it was called Dorado. We would bring home 2-3 large ice chests filled with fillets of Dorado that were frozen right after we brought them in each day. It was so so so good! Fishing for them is amazing too! As much as I can't stand hunting or hurting anything knowing that I was going to eat what I caught seemd to make it better. That's the one place I miss going to now that we have moved so far away! Maybe someday..............
Sounds like some fine fishing! What's your favourite way of cooking Mahi Mahi?

Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I saw Paula make a "BLT" soup not long ago...fried several strips of bacon, and had nearly an inch of bacon fat left in the pan...then she added a whole stick of butter to it, along with nearly a cup each of mayo, heavy cream, and sour cream.

I'm sure it tasted good...but I'm not so sure I'd want to eat it!
Sounds delicious ... and aside from the effect on my cholesterol, I'll bet it would be quite enjoyable.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
I agree! I am going to be doing some heavy browsing in this thread until I find something that "grabs" me! Wish me luck, I'm goin in....................
Good luck! Go get a good one!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Tonight is sloppy joes----never have made them but decided to give it a try. I mean it sounds easy enough! We'll have some french fries to go with it. Only 6 more days until my son and his family will be here if all goes as planned!!
Found it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sloppy Joes!!! Yay Cyn!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
Know what I have changed my mind. I was browsing a bread machine recipe site and found a recipe for pita breads. So I am thinking that I am going to try that recipe out and we will have some sort of pita sandwiches for dinner tonight.

I was thinking of browning some chicken strips, sauting some peppers and onions and put them in the sandwiches with some cheese. What do you all think?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:03 AM

I'm thinkin you just blew my sloppy joe idea out of the water, AND that you should send me a couple as an independent taste test type thing???? Pretty Please???

Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
Thanks for the Potato Leek Soup recipe! I'm going to make it this weekend!

Tonight - we're going all out... Mousaka... (Greek Eggplant dish for those who don't know it.)

I'm starting Nutrisystem tomorrow and I HAVE to get this yen out of my system!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
Quote:
I'm thinkin you just blew my sloppy joe idea out of the water, AND that you should send me a couple as an independent taste test type thing???? Pretty Please???
Be glad to just send me postage paid return to sender box. LOL

I have actually made something like this before but we used hoagie buns. I don't want to run out to the store to get those so I thought I might give this a try. If you want to make it, I browned/sauteed the chicken and veggies in italian dressing. Then assembled the sandwiches and broiled the cheese for a min to melt it.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Tonight - we're going all out... Mousaka... (Greek Eggplant dish for those who don't know it.)
Hmmmm, Dad always has piles of beautiful eggplants, we have been using them in centerpieces on the tables LOL - we are not much of eggplant eaters - but they are just beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Be glad to just send me postage paid return to sender box. LOL

I have actually made something like this before but we used hoagie buns. I don't want to run out to the store to get those so I thought I might give this a try. If you want to make it, I browned/sauteed the chicken and veggies in italian dressing. Then assembled the sandwiches and broiled the cheese for a min to melt it.
I bet that was good! I am sending you the SASE! I don't know, sloppy joes still sound so good......Hey, how about both??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink