Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 07:02 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Ok all of you wonderful people I need your help. I know this is off topic but help me.

You all have posted so many wonderful recipes and I've tried to copy and paste some but it isn't working. Where are you pasting it to? I get it copied and then I try to paste to a recipe file on "my computer" but it's not there when I go to paste.??? Please give me step by step because I am a computer disaster, lol.

Thanks all,
Lisa
I was wondering the same thing. It would be good if someone can gather all the good recipes from this thread and made into a book. There are just too many good recipes here and if you miss a couple of days, you miss bunch of good ones.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Ok all of you wonderful people I need your help. I know this is off topic but help me.

You all have posted so many wonderful recipes and I've tried to copy and paste some but it isn't working. Where are you pasting it to? I get it copied and then I try to paste to a recipe file on "my computer" but it's not there when I go to paste.??? Please give me step by step because I am a computer disaster, lol.

Thanks all,
Lisa
Lisa, if you have MS word, you can do a new word page and do your recipe copy and paste to the word document and keep it filed in your recipe file.

I like to click on the post # in the upper right hand corner of each post, which gives you just that post on a new screen. I then bookmark it under "Forum Recipes".

Both ways give you the opportunity to print them, but by using a Word Document and saving it to a file on your computer, you can even burn all of your recipes to a CD to save them. Bookmarking does not save on your computer, but on the server. More opportunity to lose them and it is more difficult to put all of your bookmarked recipes onto a CD.

Any other ideas, folks? I should have sent a DM to you, Lisa. Sorry, hungry posters, for the diversion here.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:09 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
<giggles> I swear, reading through a day's worth of commentary here winds up making me laugh out loud. And then the spouse comes in wanting to see what's so funny, and, well, there's just no way I can quite explain. Ya kinda hadda be there, don't ya know?

I can so see the Diva in the middle of one of her Diva-sodes - I feel for ya there, skbs. Just wait until she hits that 13th b'day.... yikes. Ever hear of that ancient Chinese curse "you will live to see interesting times?" Someone must have cursed you at some point, cuz, honey, you're in for an interesting decade and a half or so!

And Noma, the mental image of Nom-Pacman munching his way across the US is enough to send me into giggle fits. If any of you frequent that silly website "I can has cheezburger", you've probably already recognized and chuckled over "nom" as a part of our Noma's screen name; it seems particularly appropriate in this context!

For a change, the spouse was at a loss over what to fix for supper tonight, so when he emailed me at the office around lunchtime to ask for suggestions, I had the opportunity to toss out the "breakfast for supper" idea that I've seen a lot of folks here use. He liked it well enough that there's a fritatta in the oven even as we speak (ok, type), and it will be supper in just a little bit. Thanks to all for reminding me that breakfast is good at any time of the day!

It's a cold night in South-Central Wisconsin this Thursday night, and there were flurries intermittently all day long. No accumulation yet, but I know what awaits us in the next few weeks. I actually saw two or three houses with their Christmas lights on already on the way home from work tonight. I just can't bring myself to light up that early; we'll hopefully get the outdoor lights up this weekend, if it's dry and not too cold, but we won't flip the switch and light 'em up until Thanksgiving Day night.

Have a good evening, all, and a grand Friday! Safe travels to those on the road, and to all my foodie friends, don't let the chaos of the season get you down; it's not about having *the perfect* meal or holiday, it's about having fun and laughter with dear friends and family. So take a step back and remember to enjoy yourself!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Hubby and I had lunch at Cracker Barrel today as we were heading out on a shopping trip to find me some cold weather clothes!! We both ate WAY more than we should, and neither of us were very hungry tonight! I ended up with a banana sandwich and the last cup of taco soup, and hubby had a bowl of cereal!! LOL
Okay, bebette. I'll bite - so to speak. Is a banana sandwich an old NC recipe? Please elaborate, bebette!

I love breakfast for dinner and often get that when we go to Cracker Barrel. Always sets just right.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Okay, bebette. I'll bite - so to speak. Is a banana sandwich an old NC recipe? Please elaborate, bebette!

I love breakfast for dinner and often get that when we go to Cracker Barrel. Always sets just right.
Gem, I thought everybody grew up eating banana sandwiches!!! Put Miracle Whip on both pieces of bread and cut up the banana!! Viola - banana sandwich!! It is also good to use peanut butter in place of the Miracle Whip!! Some folks add a sprinkle of sugar on the banana too, but I like just a plain MW and Banana sandwich!!

When I was a kid carrying my lunch to school, there was nothing better than a banana sandwich with MW that had been sitting in your lunch box all morning and the bananas had time to get a little mushy and a little brown....YUMMY!!! Today, we would freak out at the thought of mayo sitting out on a sandwich for several hours......amazing that we have all lived to talk about it!!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM

Yeow, bebette!! I usually say "yummy", but I don't think I could eat a Miracle Whip and banana sandwich!!

This is from a girl who used to eat mayonnaise (Hellmann's) sandwiches when I was a kid! Mayo with salt and pepper. I loved them. We also adored onion sandwiches. Yellow mustard and thick slices of onion on homemade white bread! We were a very odoriferous family!

My kids always loved having peanut butter spread on their sliced bananas. It was a bugger trying to get the PB to stick to the slippery bananas. Oh, my patience with those 4 silly boys. I wish I had it all back.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Mine were peanut butter and banana....sometimes the banana was very neatly cut into slices and arranged in rows across the sandwich.....often on toast......or the banana might be mashed first and then spread over the peanut butter like jam......the thought of Miracle Whip on my banana sandwich initially made me cringe.....but I can almost warm up to the idea....when I think of a fruit salad.

But a cucumber sandwich with sliced cuke and MW......and black pepper......that was also a fav.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
My mom put chopped peanuts on bananas sliced lengthwise. It's still the only way I'll eat a banana other than banana bread.

I love cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches. Yummmy.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times
hmmm Elston, I've never had it with the banana mashed - I might just have to try that!! Mine have always been with the banana neatly cut into slices and arranged in rows!! Also, never had it toasted.....another idea I might just have to try!!! Wow, there's a whole new world out there!!

Gem, it would have been much easier to put the peanut butter on the bread and then slice the bananas onto the peanut butter - rather than trying to get the pb to stick to the slippery banana!!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Alright I am back for half a minute...just had to force three testosterone laden boys to get haircuts and pack. Ugh!!!! Who knew getting haircuts was a chore. I can't take them back to Ohio looking all shaggy. My mother would never let me hear the end of it. Double Ugh!!!! Had to pour myself a stiff margarita and come visit my friends here to cope. Maybe after two or three more I will feel up to tackling my own packing.

Change in dinner plans, we had cheese pizza and a cold veggie apetizer pizza. Yum!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink