Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 06:35 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Me to and all I have is some hot brownies still to hot to cut.
I want browniesssssssssssssssssssss:cryin g:

Old 12-17-2008, 06:50 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I want a full buffet of chocolate and coconut cream treats and I want it now. Oh well I got that off my chest and will now venture into the kitchen for the after dinner brownie.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:54 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I want a full buffet of chocolate and coconut cream treats and I want it now. Oh well I got that off my chest and will now venture into the kitchen for the after dinner brownie.
Coconut? Ughhhhhhh... Just the brownie for me please.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Coconut? Ughhhhhhh... Just the brownie for me please.
I really want a coconut cream pie too. I may compromise and get a case of Almond Joys tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Ok, back after a supper of leftover lasagna (a type of leftover that I don't EVER mind cleaning up!) and putting off writing the remaining three dozen Christmas cards by perusing my favorite discussion thread. Brownies sound wonderful, Noma, though with all the cookies we still have sitting around here, that's the last thing in the world I need. They still sound yummy; have one for me, ok?

I think we're getting jimj's snowstorm up here in another 24 hours or so. (Thanks a heap, pal!) The weather gurus are rumbling about ice, snow, thunder, wind and I don't know what all else, scheduled to start Thursday early evening and continue right on into about mid-day Friday. I've heard anything from 6 to 15 inches, and while I do like snow, I'm hoping hard that reality will be at the extreme low end of that range.

On the bright side, if we DO actually wake up to 15 inches of snow on Friday morning, I'll actually be spending some daylight hours with my CD friends for a change, because no way is my car up for navigating that much snow until the plows come through. And since we live on a tertiary street that usually gets plowed 12 to 18 hours after the final flakes fall, guess I'd just have to stay home and wrap presents and chat.

Must get back to those doggone cards.... if we're getting a blizzard here tomorrow night, I want these puppies in the mail tomorrow morning, and that means I've got to get cracking. G'night, all!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaack. The highway was clear but the country roads getting there and the city side streets were a trip. We had to stop at Wal Mart and it was a zoo, I mean a wild crazy zoo with 7 checkouts open out of 32.

Chaplainkent welcome and your meal sounds yummy!

cyn when I had a deep fryer I left the oil in it now that I don't I take a wide mouth funnel put a coffee filter in it and pour the oil into a half gallon sized canning jar. I keep it in the fridge when not in use.

bhj~~ how did you get what YLisa had???

Hi QW~seems we are running into each other again all over CD good to have you here! Girl just make up some mashed potatoes stick them in the fridge for a couple of days then mix in an egg and a tad bit of flour to form your patties. Some like to dust the patties in a little flour before putting in a hot skillet with oil/grease as it browns them nicely but it isn't necessary. Enjoy bringing back a fond memory!

elston I hunted high and low at 2 groceries tonight for Panko no luck. Nobody at either store ever heard of it either.

Nomad how was your bacon, tomato, onion gravy? You be thankful for what you got in those brownies hear me?

CheyDee we made it safe and sound thanks for caring!

case44 in another thread I am finding out that "we" Americans don't know what real Italian is. In Italy they serve the pasta as a side dish not as the huge main dish we do it as. Either way I say nobody can go wrong eating pasta! Tell your mama happy bday!

vpcats happy birthday on Monday!

We went through Wendy's on the way home all of us were tired and hungry so that is what we did. Totally stocked up to now finish my candy and cookie making. I know we spent well over 20 minutes trying to find Kraft wrapped caramels with no luck. Finally had to ask and in the baking isle they had unwrapped caramel pieces smaller than a chocolate chip so I will try those. Have a couple of bar cookies I needed those for.

Need to catch up in my other threads since I was off line most of the day. Not snowing or icing now so maybe the kids will make it to school on time to finish out their exams. They have 3 finals tomorrow and 3 on Friday which both days will be half days then Christmas break starts. I L-O-V-E having my kiddos home with me!

Last edited by Jaxson; 12-17-2008 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: I don't "pout" the oil.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Hi, all. Just wanted to drop in, see how everyone's doing.

Miss y'all.
While you're here, how's the shoulder doing?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
My b-day is next Monday and guess what I got from a co-worker today? Gift certificate to Olive Garden. That's where I'll be!
Happy B-Day VP!!!!!!! just in case I get distracted and forget....
Tonight was leftover chicken pannini's with bacon,tomatoe and cheddar cheese. At the last minute I decided we needed the infamous creeping cobbler so I made a blackberry one!
Have a good night all, the snow just got serious so I'll bet I'm gonna have to snow blow early in the AM so the kid chef can go to school!!!!

TTFN!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,217 times
Tired again tonight First batch of magic cookies in the oven. I have to play some catch up. I will tomorrow afternoon. I have to take MIL to Dr. apt in the am. Cold and rainy. We are gonna have a fire tonight Miss the chit chat

Old 12-17-2008, 08:10 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,792,832 times
Tonight's dinner was some leftover rotisserie chicken fried in olive oil, then served on toast with a packet of horsey sauce pilfered from Arbys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink