Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Welsh rarebit-agree it's been a long time and it's so good.

Sloppy Joe's tonight-fries for Mr. L and regular rolls, mine on whole wheat eng muffin and spinach salad.

Cyn Boars Head are such great products-no preservatives-I am so thankful we have a deli here that carries it.

Temp is down to 14 below-yuk.

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good Morning all.
Lacey I'm sorry to tell you more snow on the way, it's been going at it here since early last night.
Gee, thanks for that, jimj..... You sent enough this way that south-central Wisconsin is supposed to get up to a foot starting sometime this evening. You're SUCH a thoughtful fellow, and I really, really appreciate your generosity, but honestly, you shouldn't have!

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Ok, I'm laughing. Don't ya just hate it when something like that happens? I've had it happen when one of my cats decided to walk over my keyboard while I'm trying to post something. I've had a couple of real winners!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
MWBW stay safe-we're to get some tonight but not a lot. The weekend is a different story-we'll see.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
That would've been me, hit the enter key with my pinky by mistake while going for the apostrophy key.
Actually I was trying to say that it's been 40 years since I've heard the words " welsh rarebit" (thought we were actually having "rabbit") and I was thanking you for bringing back a warm memory!
Oh well, gotta go out and clean up more fluffy white stuff so the kid chef can go to school.
BTW, If y'all are interested I'll post a couple of the menus he was given yesterday for his next term chef's table dinners. Surprised me for way up here in the frozen north!
Oh please do!!! We can never get to many menus especially from a chef!!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:35 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
That would've been me, hit the enter key with my pinky by mistake while going for the apostrophy key.
Actually I was trying to say that it's been 40 years since I've heard the words " welsh rarebit" (thought we were actually having "rabbit") and I was thanking you for bringing back a warm memory!
Oh well, gotta go out and clean up more fluffy white stuff so the kid chef can go to school.
BTW, If y'all are interested I'll post a couple of the menus he was given yesterday for his next term chef's table dinners. Surprised me for way up here in the frozen north!

LOL............and thank you for that. I figured it could have been what you said but didnt' know for sure.

anyway.......thanks

Old 12-18-2008, 07:02 AM

I talked to my sister who lives in Big Bear Lake CA and she said they have 3 feet of snow and it's still snowing. She is suppose to go down the hill (to the city in the valley) to get some treatments for her Myasthenia Gravis 3 times this week but the roads were closing so she has to stay at the hospital down the hill for this week in order to get her treatments. At least she and her husband won't be trying to drive those mountain roads in this weather!! They haven't had this kind of snow for so many years. At least they will have a white Christmas!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Thanks for posting this, cyn. I was wondering how she was doing.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Morning all, last night for dinner was mac and cheese. Simple and easy as we were to busy playing with the new addition to our family. Yep we got our new dog!!!!!!!!!! She is a border collie and we named her pepper. Later today I will try to upload a picture of her. She is sooooo sweet. I'm glowing can ya tell.

Tonight for dinner, I think will be the pot pie I didn't cook last night. Will truly decide later.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Guys I am not caught up in my other threads but I just read my reps from some of you. I must admit I almost was in purple puddles!

This thread is the best and most caring, sharing and generous giving thread I have ever been in on CD! You all make newbies feel so welcome yet long timers never feel threatened. Questions are answered by more than one person giving us all new things to think about or try. When one is sick this thread sends well wishes and/or prayers. When one is down you lift up. When one shares joys we all celebrate! I would be remiss if I didn't say when a few of us are on here later at night it can be a family wakening roaring good laughter time!

Thank each one of you for making this an awesome, awesome warm thread! My only regret after being on CD for over a year and half that I didn't come into this thread when it first started to post too. In another thread about the forum when somebody posted how corny the sayings were under our rep bars I disagreed. I said I thought it was nice to have a positive comment said about us and it might be the only love a person living alone would get in a day. The love in each one of your posts is felt in this Hoosier home believe that! So kind of you all to worry about our safety on icy roads today I just know when I get a boo boo it will heal faster if I tell ya all and you all gloat over it.

God bless each of you and I L-O-V-E this thread by golly!
Thanks for sharing that, Jaxson. You're right, it's a great group who've come thru for me many times. I'd rep ya, but I gotta spread some love. Think I'll go do that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink