Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 09:27 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,564 times

Advertisements

I haven't posted on this thread before (I think), but wanted to tell you all that I check this thread often for ideas! Thanks!

Last night I made something new...I might have gotten the idea here?...bottom round steaks cooked in the crock pot, covered with golden mushroom soup. 2 hours before eating I added about 1 1/2lb fresh mushrooms and served over rice, with cauliflour. Soooo good, can't wait to make it again! And I had leftovers for lunch and it was even better....next time I will make it a day ahead.

Tomorrow's dinner I am going to try pork chops in the crock with apples.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
I haven't posted on this thread before (I think), but wanted to tell you all that I check this thread often for ideas! Thanks!

Last night I made something new...I might have gotten the idea here?...bottom round steaks cooked in the crock pot, covered with golden mushroom soup. 2 hours before eating I added about 1 1/2lb fresh mushrooms and served over rice, with cauliflour. Soooo good, can't wait to make it again! And I had leftovers for lunch and it was even better....next time I will make it a day ahead.

Tomorrow's dinner I am going to try pork chops in the crock with apples.
Welcome to the thread of food fanatics!!!!

That steak/mushroom crock pot recipe sounds great, love caulis too

Let us know how tomorrow's dinner turns out too

Old 12-22-2008, 09:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
cream turkey, salad n brocolli.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,311 times
Lol Welcome!!
Cyn get a good nights rest I heart you. Wish I could be there!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Just one last check in before going sleepy time. Well actually looking for any leftover chocolate as usual.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
If I could ask you wonderful people for a prayer for someone anonymous right now it would be greatly appreciated. It's a very, very special friend.
Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
First off I can't read back tonight to catch up. I just got out of ICU at the local hospital after being there since Sunday. When I was saying I was quitting smoking a few days ago and I was having a big scare and yes I am still quitting and have not smoked yet--3 days now. I started coughing up some blood...a lot of blood. Finally by 1:00 pm my DH insisted we rush to the hosiptal which we did. They put me in ICU immediately and ran so many tests...x-rays, cat scans, tubes down every place they could find---just a reay kick! I had about 3-4 coughing episodes where I lost a lot of blood---but I have no pain anywhere, my blood level is just fine, blood pressure great and on the low side and no sign of where the blood is coming from. It's a big mystery to everyone. No signs of tumors or mases nothing. My coughing is worse now from all the probing and such. I really need to go lay down now just thought I should let everyone know I hadn't forgotten you. I missed my computer more then the cigerettes!! Ha! Talk to you all tomorrow.
OMG, Cyn, what a scare! You poor dear!! I'm glad you are home and they didn't find anything. Hopefully it was just a fluke of a thing, never to rear its ugly head again. I will add you to my prayer list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Still no word on my son's biopsy.
You, your son and the rest of your family has been on my prayer list. Please let us know when you hear any news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Sorry I did not post here while mom was sick It was not only a shocker to me but very scary. I was in a bit of a fog and in no mood to cook.
You must have been scared to death! Thank goodness you can take a deep breath and relax now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
Welcome, Lola!

I didn't want to cook tonight, so DH came to the rescue and stopped at the supermarket on his way home from work. He picked out frozen belly bombers for us. I have to admit I enjoyed them way more than I should have, but I am chewing on my 4th Tums so far tonight. It was the dinner that keeps on giving.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Morning all and Cyn I am so overjoyed that you're home and back with us. I have been losing lots of sleep over you girl and we've been praying constantly here.

Thank you all-for your wonderful prayers for "anonomyous"-guess you guessed who it was!

LolaG-welcome to the friendliest place on CD with great food ideas. Join in.

Noma you and your family are still being prayed for. A Christmas blessing is in order.

It's snowing and lots more than the 2" they predicted-I knew that sky looked heavy enough to hold a lot.

Refrig is full and ready for me to start cooking tomorrow.

Amber-Thank you sweetheart.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:46 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Hey, thanks for sharing your snow, Lacey; we were already pushing the all-time December record for Madison, and it looks like we'll break it before Christmas. You're SO sweet to share, my dear, but you really shouldn't be so generous!

Supper last night was pork chops and mashed potato and turnip with onion; good stuff for a cold, cold night. Temps have moderated some this morning; it was up to a blistering 20 degrees when we went out to clear the new coating of fluffy white stuff off the driveway this morning.

Cyn, you will be in my mind, my heart and my prayers all day today, and Noma, so will your son. I've been on eleventerhooks (that's one step beyond tenterhooks, you know) awaiting more news, as I am sure you have also. Here's wishing all my beloved CD friends the very best sort of Christmas gift of bountiful good health this year.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Oh MWBW-I am so sorry and if I could stop ot I would! Need divine intervention.

Today's 5 above-whooppee-first time in weeks.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:01 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Wow Cyn! Sorry you had to go through that. I am sure it was quite scary. Rest up and know we are thinking about and praying for you.

Nomad,you and your son and all of your family are also in my thoughts. Hang in there!

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the death of one of our best friends....he was 29 and died from sleep apnea and a high BAC. Sad day. Miss you Coop!

Tonight for dinner I think we aregoing to go out for either Thai, Chinese, or Mexican - after we go to the Denver Zoo and check out their Christmas lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink