Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 06:24 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times

Advertisements

Nomad we were talking about you in our house today did your ears burn??? I make this tapioca pudding that has shaved milk chocolate in it one kid doesn't like the chocolate bits in theirs so I dipped some out before I added any. I told her you would gladly take her share of the 'real' tapioca pudding she asked me where you lived. I told her FL I think, she said she would deliver it to you if she could go to Disney afterwards.

My grandson may take her. He works part time there when not in school. His dad works there too....Any thing for chocolate and I just did another chocolate cake inspection a little while ago. Must not let it get stale.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:19 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
First of all MERRY CRISTMAS! I had to get a coffee to sip while I type I had a 4 year old trying to wait to watch Santa come down the chiminey... I finally won when he fell asleep around midnight. Then I had my Santa duties to tend to. I HAD to eat a cookie and a half with a big gulp of milk. I left some crumbs. We put out carrots for the reindeer so I took a few bites of that too Stockings was hung and presents nesteled under the tree NICE! I got to bed around 2 or so. Got up at 8. Hub was up making bacon to my surprise DS was sleeping on couch with cartoons whispering sweet nothings. As soon as I said good morning his little blue eyes peeked open and he smiled at me
We had a very nice day.
For dinner I made 2 pork tenderloins. I rub them with a dry rub then wrap them in bacon and drizzel wth OO. I made stuffing, mashed potatos & gravy, corn, sourqraut, & baked apples. It was devine.... I have some catching up to do. SR I am so sorry.. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by amberbaby27; 12-25-2008 at 07:56 PM..

Old 12-25-2008, 08:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castufari View Post
The food. This substance never touches me other than makes me sleepy. Plus I've not had a coke in a while and the image of a big old cup full of ice and coke was too much. The chips were salt and vinegar, which I never eat.
I have to confess, you had me pretty good when you first brought up coke, then explained the cup and ice... Almost fell out of my chair until the cup part! Glad you survived your shifts, hope you get to relax soon!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:27 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Merry Christmas all!

It is a very quiet Christmas around here as my father passed away on the 18th from complications of pneumonia. Still, we are celebrating the day as we all know he would want us to...

Our Christmas dinner was roast goose, mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, spiced red cabbage,rolls and a wilted spinach salad.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful day!
Sorry to hear that Seattlerain. It must be hard to 'do' Christmas with such recent loss and sadness. Best wishes to you and your family

Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Never waste pie. That would give you a black eye.
I am worried we have too many pies, there's a mincemeat one and a peach one and methinks eyes were bigger than bellies when they were purchased

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
My wet, moist juicy ziti-came out so-so, maybe it's me, everyone loved it.
Of course they did - we knew that already ((()))

MWBW - Your gift buying ideas are great - very wise, as ever!

Cheydee - Sounds good....

Amber - Glad to hear you had such a nice day! My kids were sweet too, took the littlest one out driving around last night to look at the local yards all lit up, then he suddenly got worried it was late and he'd miss Santa! He was desperate to get to bed by 8pm...and I didn't argue!! This morning he was still tucked up in bed at 8am singing Christmas songs to himself, waiting for the other 2 kids to get up!! I had to munch the carrot too, with a gulp of sherry - interesting combination!

We had the 8lb rib roast today which was absolutely to-die-for-yummy and there's plenty left for tomorrow night's company I've promised to do a trad English Christmas dinner for my Texan neighbors, so there's a lot more work in store for me tomorrow - yorkshire puds, roast parsnips, creamy leeks, mashed swede, roast spuds, glazed carrots and of course brussels sprouts!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I am worried we have too many pies, there's a mincemeat one and a peach one and methinks eyes were bigger than bellies when they were purchased
I'll adopt the peach one.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I'll adopt the peach one.
You are too kind Nomad, too kind. That's what Christmas is all about, looking after the needy pies.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
You are too kind Nomad, too kind. That's what Christmas is all about, looking after the needy pies.
It is a tough job but someone has to do it.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
It is a tough job but someone has to do it.
And always there for the lonely, the forgotten, the unwanted chocolate...

Old 12-25-2008, 09:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
salad n chicken wings.
chips n salsa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink