Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times

Advertisements

Hey Debsi welcome back.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
As this year ends I just want to tell each and everyone of you how appreciated you are. We not only share foodie things we are there for each other thru thick and thin.

I treasure the special friendships made over this past year and hope we only continue to share and grow.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:57 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
Your post is beautiful Lacey. I would personally like to thank one and all for the overwhelming support, & friendship this great group has given me.
I know our family learned this past year it's not what we don't have, it is truly how much we do have, nothing compares to the love and friendship of family and true friends.

I wish you all a very Happy & Healthy New Year!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:00 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Well, I started to clean my house.... I have issues.....What the heck is with me? Why can't I JUST SIT? Unless I am doing something like this.... I can't.... it is some sort of disorder or something.... maybe the GO GO GO Disorder..... UGH.....

Ok.... does anyone have a good Chocolate Martini Recipe? Hubby got the Chocolate Three Olives Vodka and he wants to make Martinis.... but SKBS has not a clue as to what to do.... anyone?

Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Are you sure you are our Debsi and not an imposter!!!!
To channel Matthew McConaughey for a second, all right,all right, all right...

I feel some tacos coming on. I think I shall have to turn some of that lovely chuck roast I bought recently into shredded beef filling, and perhaps I will try my hand at homemade tortillas again. That's what's for dinner on Saturday or Sunday, because it won't thaw in time for tomorrow!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,557,495 times
I think I'll be making a few chicken fajita tacos loaded with onions at home shortly. Afterwards, I'll have to freshen the breath up for the big party tonight. There will be ladies there.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:59 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Lacey just about said it all, the best place around is right hear with all of you! Laugh, cry get support and learn--who could ask for more? I hope from the bottom of my heart that everyone has the best of New Years and many more to come! I have been so fortunate to have all of you join here and make this our little get-away!! It is my favorite time of day when I spend it here. Tomorrow will of course be the New Year and I hope the very best for each and every one of you!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,845 times
Tonight we'll do hand roll sushi and soba noodles, which is customary for New Year's eve for us. For hand roll sushi, we will have California roll (crab, avocado, cucumber), Spicy tuna, shrimp, sweet egg omelet, grilled eel and asparagus. It'll be good!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:12 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Me too - I use it in non-fishy dishes too, it doesn't stay fishy once the dish is cooked - like in a tomato sauce, but adds a deep base note, savory, the fifth taste ... is it "'umami''???
Nice on hot buttered toast too!
OK, I absolutely DETEST anchovies. Are you really really certain I would not taste them? I would love to have a little secret ingredient that adds that "savory" touch, but I will gag if I can taste or smell the anchovy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Are you sure you are our Debsi and not an imposter!!!!
Hmmm, I am wonderin too!

Nomad, why so quiet? BTW, your soup and sandwich sounds like my kind of comfort food!

I wish you all the Happiest New Year ever! I am not as eloquent as some/most, but I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread and all of you. The support and love and fun in here is amazing and I treasure it and all of you. I guess what I am trying to say in my own fashion is "Y'all is mah friends and naybors and I is glad!"

Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
vichel nothing better than fresh picked when it comes from your land!

miguel's mom what kind of Turkish food are you having?

steffia welcome to the thread!

crazyworld chicken parmesan sounds really good right now.

Lacey we won't go out either no matter what the weather we have always partied at home since the kids were here. Got to bang our iron skillets on the front porch at midnight ya know!

jimj either way is fine with the eggrolls but I prefer to par fry they seem to keep the crispy texture better.

cyn what are you doing for the hand and oral gratification now? I liked the idea posted about the coffee sticks no calories, no sugar on your teeth just might try that one myself. cyn if you do fail (which I pray you don't) you can post to us we will still lift and love ya back up girlie!

skbs you poor dear having all those dinners to go to. We are done for this year thankfully! I swear when I read your post I am picturing the Energizer Bunny chasing the Road Runner. I laughed so hard at your rep comment to me!

vcats duct tape is needed here for me to quit but the kids are using it on me to tape me to a chair for 30 days while putting me out in the garage.

gentlearts care to share the mt dew apple salad recipe??

jimj I had to laugh at your tamarind paste "any Asian market will have it" comment! I'll bet none of our Asian "shelf markets" carry it around here! Ours consists of LaChoy packaged in those 2 cans in one meal type of things with bags of chow mein noodles along with a couple of cans of rice noodles. The ones that sell tofu has preservatives loaded in them so don't even know how fresh that would be.

shanny I vote to fry those pork chops baby!

Debsi welcome back too bad you can't go back through the pages because we were really talking about you. Ha ha not telling if it was good or bad talking! 2 weeks taco free oh my! Here I was wondering if you had leftover Christmas ham tacos!!!

granny you are welcome for the tips on reading this thread. I forgot to tell ya I rep as I am reading though along the way.

Did somebody say anchovies??? Not a favorite item around these parts even most pizza joints don't carry them. My oldest worked at our local pizza place during high school he brought home a pizza one night like he did often. We are eating it thinking this taste terrible has a funky taste most of us didn't finish the piece we had gotten. Not until afterwards did the little fart tells us if had anchovies on it.

Well we have been busy purging out the old for the new year. Closets and dressers gave up old clothes to make way for the new ones that were received for Christmas. The old ones will be donated to a Goodwill type of charity around here. Fridge is all clean and tidy, cupboards have been sorted with 2 boxes going to a food pantry, newspapers bagged up to take to the animal shelter, laundry is done AND put away with the house blessed with dusting and sweeping! Games have been brought down from the game room to play tonight.

Have a request for simple hamburgers for supper tonight they said they wanted to save room for the party foods later. Can I get healthy points for the apple salad I will be making to go along with it?

Have a safe and blessed evening ringing in the new Year folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink