Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 02:32 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,864,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Traditions-that's why we have a huge hunk of beef roasting for two of us!!!! But that hunk will be turned into delicious loaded beef veg/barley soup just in time for Sat.'s snowstorm.
Lacey I read that so fast... plus I have cold meds in me.... this is what I read.... I thought you would get a chuckle....

Traditions that's why we have a huge hunk of BEER roasting the two of us!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,550,180 times
Quote:
Traditions-that's why we have a huge hunk of beef roasting for two of us!!!! But that hunk will be turned into delicious loaded beef veg/barley soup just in time for Sat.'s snowstorm.
I have had beef and barley soup for two days in a row. Tonight best be something different... I really want fudge but not possible before the weekend as wife is on call and Murphy would get involved if she started a batch now.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:45 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,179,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
You would THINK they would eat at home.... BUT NOooooooooooooooooooo.... LOL... I think it is because Diva watches me cook and then tells the Chatterbox not to eat it "BECAUSE"......I Know!!!! I should just order take out all the time.... That would solve ALL of the problems in the S house!
Mothers have to be sneaky some times so try this....... while Diva is at school cook the girl's dinner then put it in take out containers. Tell them it is from a new food joint you have been wanting to try.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Mothers have to be sneaky some times so try this....... while Diva is at school cook the girl's dinner then put it in take out containers. Tell them it is from a new food joint you have been wanting to try.
It sounds like a harmless and funny suggestion .....but I have to stick my 2 cents in and say that HONESTY is taught at home and children have as much right to expect honesty from their parents as parents insist from their children.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
It sounds like a harmless and funny suggestion .....but I have to stick my 2 cents in and say that HONESTY is taught at home and children have as much right to expect honesty from their parents as parents insist from their children.
Yea, not only that.... Diva is a pretty smart detective and I would be in a heap of trouble if she found me out.... LOL.... hahahahahah.... but yes, Elston is correct!!!! (I was thinking about it though.... LOL)

Old 01-01-2009, 02:54 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
Quote:
Yea, not only that.... Diva is a pretty smart detective and I would be in a heap of trouble if she found me out.... LOL.... hahahahahah.... but yes, Elston is correct!!!! (I was thinking about it though.... LOL)
Oh ya can't go to jail for what youre thinking.....

But its not dishonest to grate an onion in the meatloaf if the kid hates the texture of onion. There were times I just refused to divulge the ingredients.....for example meat loaf.....if the kids asked,"what's in it?" I would say "it is meat loaf...not a pile of ingredients! Meat loaf...just plain meatloaf."

Old 01-01-2009, 02:59 PM

LOL.... I tell them it is a secret recipe..... ahahahah

Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,179,010 times
Quote:
Oh I agree I was just 'funning' with skbs. You are right though honesty does start at home and we did that as well as letting the kids try new things. If they didn't like it they didn't have to eat it next time. I was blessed my kids would eat most things other kids wouldn't touch at their ages.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Quote:
Lacey I read that so fast... plus I have cold meds in me.... this is what I read.... I thought you would get a chuckle....

Enjoy
SKBS-step away from the cold meds!!!! LOL

Old 01-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Quote:
Have witnessed the effects of Tom and Jerry's on folks. Fasten your seatbelt NMS.
Oh, been there...

Just got back. i am SO full. She had finger foods, and everybody brought stuff, then she brought out a pizza casserole... plus I had 3...yes, three...T&J's. I'm so happy right now I could spit!

Quote:

Enjoy
That's not what she said???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Good idea!

Quote:
Oh ya can't go to jail for what youre thinking.....

But its not dishonest to grate an onion in the meatloaf if the kid hates the texture of onion. There were times I just refused to divulge the ingredients.....for example meat loaf.....if the kids asked,"what's in it?" I would say "it is meat loaf...not a pile of ingredients! Meat loaf...just plain meatloaf."
oh, I guess you're right, elston.

Quote:
SKBS-step away from the cold meds!!!! LOL
And nobody'll get hurt. Ya know, after 3 t&j's, I don't feel so bad... I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.