Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times

Advertisements

My dinner is well settled. Now it is time to feed a new found habit. 3 cups of strong coffee after the dinner...Not sure what started it but I'm learning to like it real well. Now it may have something to do with the TBS of Quick in every cup...

Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
Burdell- I looove eggplant parm! Rarely make it though... and now that my kids are old enough that I can't pass it off as "chicken"...
I confess, I rarely make it either. Sometimes in summer when the farmers market's open they have nice white eggplant and I do it up but tonight? The prepared foods section of my local market does it very well, for the work involved I'm happy to bring it home and limit my involvement to heating I did make the garlic bread though

Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Mexican tonight. Chicken fajitas. Side of guacamole, and since my tomato plants are still going feral in the backyard I'll make a big bowl of salsa. Any leftover salsa will go into the eggs tomorrow morning.

Got another batch of tomatoes sundrying out there today. It'll be in the low 90's Fahrenheit over the next few days. Perfect temperature for that.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Whew this is a busy place and I only got through today...

Elston...Congrats on the star!!!

SKBS...hope the migraine goes..

Nikkzone...Happy Birthday!!!!

YoungLisa...Glad the dentist wasn't so bad...

Lacey...Happy B-day to your daughter...Lizzy has kidney problems and had a relapse last summer...they started her on 75 mg of prednisone for two months...don't want to even think about the pounds that girl put on in no time flat...good thing is she is down to 25 mg now and it is starting to come off...

Cyn...Congrats on 20 days!!! I am going into day 6 soon...I usually get coffee ready before bed so just have to hit the switch in the morning...the other night I did just that, went and sat on the couch, and could actually smell the coffee grounds in the pot, I swore I turned it on!!!

Tonight is going to be leftover pork roast with gravy,onions and mushrooms over some noodles and green beans...

Five days, 22 hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds. 118 cigarettes not smoked, saving $26.70. Life saved: 9 hours, 50 minutes.

(Cyn - if you want your own, DM me and will send you a link...)

Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
It'll be in the low 90's Fahrenheit over the next few days. Perfect temperature for that.
Hey, pal, ya wanna send a little of that up to our hemisphere? We're due for wind chill temps of 40 below zero in the very near future, and while I don't dislike winter, that's just a wee bit too chilly for my tastes!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I am going into day 6 soon...I usually get coffee ready before bed so just have to hit the switch in the morning...the other night I did just that, went and sat on the couch, and could actually smell the coffee grounds in the pot, I swore I turned it on!!!

Five days, 22 hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds. 118 cigarettes not smoked, saving $26.70. Life saved: 9 hours, 50 minutes.

(Cyn - if you want your own, DM me and will send you a link...)
Oh, good for you, Grannysroost!! I'm so very glad to hear you're following our Cyn's excellent example - your lungs, your stamina and your grandkids will all thank you for it. Hooray! And keep us posted on how things go for you, if you're willing - please know that we'll all be pulling for you.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Younglisa, I'm happy your tooth repair went ok, I just knew you'd be okey dokey!

SKBS, I'm sorry to hear of your head pain and though I don't know you personally I wish you speed in getting rid of the head pain!
As for dinner tonight, as I said earlier things tend to change here at the last minute and it was decided (by my lovely DW) that we will not have chicken fried steak tonight, so instead it was fish tacos. Thank goodness I kinda had an inkling this morning and took out fish.

Have a good evening all, sleep well!

Last edited by jimj; 01-08-2009 at 08:52 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM

616 posts, read 1,162,436 times
Highlandsgal-I ate some delicious bread for us both

Burdell-thanks for the polish sausage possibilities!

Jaxson- didn't order your favorite chicken salad but does a Logan's sirloin do anything for the old tastebuds? BTW, I love my baked potatoes smothered in seasalt!!!!!! Don't you?

Elston-thanks for the Dm with the link and info.

Lacey-thanks for rep w/ info. on stars and bars.

Last edited by Truly Heartless; 01-08-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 09:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
amber your sign to your mom turned on my water faucet.

gentlearts glad the gumbo was good for you. I hear ya on the cost of seafood living so far away from a coast line.

YLisa glad you are back home safe after your root canal. Good you thought ahead to have a light supper ready for the both of you.

Nomad I have never learned to like coffee don't think the Quik would do the trick for me.

Granny congrats on 6 days of quitting!!!! Ya all keep posting your victories it is sinking into my little brain.

jimj keep the "inkling" tuned in hear?

Gosh all your suppers sounded so good folks! We visited with some friends tonight that had been in Indy they brought me back a gift..........Panko! They heard me talking about it from this thread and saw it while they were down there. Gee whiz it is nice to be blessed I usually bless others so this did surprise me.

Night all.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
Jaxson- didn't order your favorite chicken salad but does a Logan's sirloin do anything for the old tastebuds? BTW, I love my baked potatoes smothered in seasalt!!!!!! Don't you?
LOL I could almost get a whiff as I read your post! I am not much of a salt eater my youngest is and loves the seasalt too. I like it just not smothered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink