Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 11:48 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,883,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdytoGo View Post
That sounds so yummy! Now I need to rustle me up some cast iron skillets. All we have are the chef's copper bottomed set of pots and pans and my wok.
some of my aunts have made this in glass pans and it turned out ok, the crust just gets nice and crispy with the cast iron.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 PM

Hope everyone likes these, they are really good recipes, both tried and true!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:51 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,331,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hope everyone likes these, they are really good recipes, both tried and true!
Thanks for posting. hope your citrus does ok...fruit can take 28° for 4 hours. Trees even colder...They may lose leaves but older wood should be fine unless it goes into the teens...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Thanks for posting. hope your citrus does ok...fruit can take 28° for 4 hours. Trees even colder...They may lose leaves but older wood should be fine unless it goes into the teens...
DH just got home from work, we are discussing what to do, they are older trees, so they should do ok........ I hope!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,331,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
DH just got home from work, we are discussing what to do, they are older trees, so they should do ok........ I hope!
Don't cover with plastic... even a bed sheet will help. a sprinkler running under the tree will add a lot of heat if you have a special tree to try and save...Ice from the water does not damage rather it helps...

Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Don't cover with plastic... even a bed sheet will help. a sprinkler running under the tree will add a lot of heat if you have a special tree to try and save...Ice from the water does not damage rather it helps...
They are really big trees, I dont have that many sheets!
We are just gonna watch and wait, I will be home tomorrow evening, and DH will be home by 1 am, so will just be like the old timers, ya know?

Old 01-15-2009, 01:51 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,194,309 times
Yeah, Nomad! Congrats on your second star. It has been so very well earned.

Last night we had meatball parmesan heroes with so much mozzarella oozing off it, it was a mess to eat. So yummy though. Fresh blackberries for dessert, topped with a tad of fresh whipped cream for extra sweetness.

I haven't taken anything out to defrost yet for later. All I know thus far is it won't be beef again for a couple of days, so probably some kind of chicken.

Kelsie - Great to see you're back. I hope you have good news for us.

Amber - We always miss you when you're gone.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,796,954 times
Very good early morning all and whew were you all busy last night.

Well weathguy was right on it's 50 below-not fit for humans out here. Feel so for the people who have to go out in this and Sat-Sun-Mon they're saying ice. We get that "closed in" feel but not enough to risk going anywhere.

Burdell-licking the screen with thoughts of pork roll (no cheese on that!)
Chey-same for your meatballs.
Amber-missed you sweetheart, enjoy your sleep and time with DS.
Kshe-hope trees are okay.
NomaD-YES-very bright and great advice.
Kelsie-still in prayers.
SKBS-last year our beer exploded in the garage-what a mess.
MWBW-relax and enjoy tonight and keep warm.
To all I missed-it's pretty early here but I haven't forgotten you.

Tonight chicken thighs, baked pots, sauteed zucchini n garlic.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:41 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,842,863 times
nomad....YOU are one shining star my dear friend! I have really gotten a good use out of my shades this week

Lacey- That WOULD be a mess.... Hmmmmmm this week might just be that week.... hmmmm a Science Experiment??????

KSHE- I hope your trees make it alright....we unfortunately don't have that problem..... no fresh fruit on trees 'til warm weather hits....for us that is like May/june....UGH.....

Ok.... the girls just work up.... all princess like... gotta get off this computer quick and make breakfast..... talk to you all later.....
Amber- Welcome back..... dinner tonight sounds yummy

Last edited by skbs; 01-15-2009 at 05:42 AM..

Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,194,309 times
I just found a recipe which has a nice sounding marinade for chicken. It calls for bone-in chicken breasts, but I'll substitute chicken cutlets since I have those on hand and will pan grill them on the stove. No thoughts on side dishes yet.

All Season Grilled Chicken

Serves 4
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups chili sauce
3/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespooons prepared horseradish
2 small cloves garlic, halved
1 teaspoon salt
4 bone-in chicken breasts (6 ounces each)

Directions
Mix chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish, garlic and salt in a bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the marinade. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
Preheat grill or broiler. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bowl. Place chicken on grill or on broiler pan.
Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting frequently with half the reserved marinade, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes.
Heat remaining reserved marinade in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve hot alongside chicken.

Now that I have decided upon what dinner will be, I can finally go to sleep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink