Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,801,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Did I miss what Elston did to the pork chops?? I am sure it is great so point me to whre it is posted. Thanks

Well Good Morning all I have to say that Nomad I was thinking of you and laughing as I was making my meatloaf yesterday. Usually I add shredded cheeses whether it is Mexican or sharp cheddar to the hamburg but I didn't have any and it is too cold to go to the store so I used some Velveeta and it was probably the best meatloaf I have made I added worcestershire a little cajun spice garlic powder, bread crumbs, an egg and an onion with a little BBQ sauce on the top.
This morning I think I will throw on a pot of beef veggie soup just to warm the bones.

Enjoy your day and bundle up.....
Crazy-I had to go back too. It's pg 2107.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM

47,942 posts, read 21,921,471 times
Default Velveta Cheese Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Did I miss what Elston did to the pork chops?? I am sure it is great so point me to whre it is posted. Thanks

Well Good Morning all I have to say that Nomad I was thinking of you and laughing as I was making my meatloaf yesterday. Usually I add shredded cheeses whether it is Mexican or sharp cheddar to the hamburg but I didn't have any and it is too cold to go to the store so I used some Velveeta and it was probably the best meatloaf I have made I added worcestershire a little cajun spice garlic powder, bread crumbs, an egg and an onion with a little BBQ sauce on the top.
This morning I think I will throw on a pot of beef veggie soup just to warm the bones.

Enjoy your day and bundle up.....
Velveta is wonderful to cook with....a secret ingredient as it blends right in but adds its silken goodness!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:53 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,717,775 times
I agree Elston. Before I just used it to make broccoli casserole and DH loves it with grilled cheese.

Lacey thank you!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,801,097 times
I use Velveeta when making white sauce for mac n cheese.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:22 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,239,249 times
Whew---finally got caught up! And I was here yesterday afternoon! So many great recipes and dinner ideas not to mention the fun chit-chat!
Crazy---If you try elstons P. chops you gonna love them! So, so, so good!!!!! I just can't say enough about them!
Not sure about dinner tonight but think chicken might be on the menu. Will post more once "I" figure it out! Ha!
A big congrats to our very own Nomadicus for keeping us so well lit here with his newest star! You earned it my friend!
Well, the blob,errr, I mean artic blast will be here tonight and we'll be down in the single digits..ugh! Oh well, what are ya gonna do....stay in and stay warm!
Amber, good to hear all is well.
Kelise sent me a DM and asked that I thank you all for your caring.

Hope today is a great day for everyone.

Day 27--no smoking.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,928,715 times
Morning guys! What a great way to start the day -- waking up to a STAR!! I feel so special. Thanks to you all for helping me get there, for as you can probably see, I normally just post here in the Food forum.....so if it was for you all, I wouldn't have one. Thanks again!!

Tonight I am making a double batch of this white chicken chili:

Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili - Allrecipes

I am going to add some cilantro and sour cream though. We'll eat some tonight and freeze some, and then the rest is going to a wrestling tournament/chili cook-off at my school on Saturday. kshe's recipes sound great too!

Okay, school is about to start and I'm off to square dance!! See you at lunch!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:28 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,316,724 times
Good Morning all on this frigid morning. I am hibernating today and I am thankful that I can do that.

Nomad and HG- A big congratulations on your shiny new stars. Way to go.

RtG- What are British chips? I'm guessing fried fish?

kshe- Thank you for the recipes.

CheyDee- MB Parm with oozing cheese. That's the best. Get out the fork and knife, lol.

elston- You can always print the recipes. I have small photo albums and each one is a different food category. I paste all my recipes onto index cards and add them to the appropriate album. Then I really try to "use" those recipes. If it doesn't turn out so great it gets tossed. It's a nice way to keep things organized. Computers are great but I like having a readable version on the counter when I'm cooking.

Lacey- How long is your favorites? I'm worried I won't be able to find things in my favorites. It's getting really long.

Good morning all. Stay safe and warm during these next couple of days. I am not leaving the house today. Hubby is having Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and corn. I am making vegetarian chili and cornbread(from Betty).

Old 01-15-2009, 07:29 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,844,850 times
Awesome job on the 27 Days Cyn.... you are almost one month smoke free!

So, the chatterbox found my Taco Dinner Kit......
http://www.gardenofeatin.com/images/products/w450/01583900742.jpg (broken link)
So, I am making CHICKEN Taco's on her request..... AND I am THINKING..... If I get her and Diva to help me cook the chicken and stuff the taco shells they MIGHT just eat dinner without a problem.... maybe...... I am hoping..... LOL....... a mother can always hope right?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,041,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Morning guys! What a great way to start the day -- waking up to a STAR!! I feel so special. Thanks to you all for helping me get there, for as you can probably see, I normally just post here in the Food forum.....so if it was for you all, I wouldn't have one. Thanks again!!

Okay, school is about to start and I'm off to square dance!! See you at lunch!
Congratulations!!!! Have a great day at school

Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,316,724 times
MBW- Sending birthday wishes to your house. Have a great time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink