Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
For my dinner I ate a big hunk of fudge....
Well I hope it was made by someone a little more skilled than our fudge chefs today! Do you make your own?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Well I hope it was made by someone a little more skilled than our fudge chefs today! Do you make your own?
Wife made it...

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
For dinner I had rice, BBQ beans, plantains, and meat! And Ice Cream for dessert!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Wife made it...
Will have to get her recipe for my DD Good dinner for the odd occasion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
For dinner I had rice, BBQ beans, plantains, and meat! And Ice Cream for dessert!
Any of it your own work? ( you're gonna get tired of that question soon!)

Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Nah....didn't do any!!! Mom made it while I was at the gym!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
Nah....didn't do any!!! Mom made it while I was at the gym!
Your mom sounds like a bit of a star!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
dxi be sure to tell mom "thanks for cooking" we love hearing that ya know?

Nomad I know that fudge was quick to grab but remember your teeth dear one!

southdown tell your DD she did great trying to cook! Yes please share your 'save' with us I have been known to mess up some fudge in my life too.

Kats I have been trying to rep you in a couple of threads but it still won't let me.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Ok, I am having serious goosebumps. And not from the cold.

I popped in from work while eating a late lunch this afternoon on a whim, and the first thing I saw was Lacey's post asking for support for our Noma. So of course I broke the rules, logged in, and felt my heart sink to my boots at his news.

Couldn't stay, though, not with the month to finish closing, so I logged off and went back to the closing entries. I was hurrying to get done timely because we had the birthday party planned for tonight, and wound up actually leaving a bit early. Got in the car and the public radio was playing Wagner's Til Eulenspiegel, not one of my favorites, so I popped in a cd of Faure's Requiem to listen to on the way home.

Well, I got about halfway home on my usual route, and as I was zipping out East Wash, about half a block ahead of me I could see the railroad lights start to flash and the gates come down. I pounded the steering wheel with frustration - there's a birthday girl waiting for her party! - but of course there's nothing to do but wait it out. So I popped the car into park and sat there seething, watching the looooong freight train ever so slowly trundling past in front of me.

As I sat there with the music rolling over me, though, I felt myself start to relax somewhat. Then the Pie Jesu began, and as I listened to that achingly beautiful soprano solo, my mind returned to my friend Noma, and the fearful news he learned today. I closed my eyes and started talking to the universe about my friend and his beloved son, and my sorrow at what they are facing together. It must have been an odd sight, if anyone was watching: a chubby fifty-something, alone, sitting all bundled up in her car, eyes closed and appearing to talk to herself, but that didn't occur to me at the time.

Well, eventually the train cleared the crossing, the gates arose, and traffic slowly resumed its normal Friday night pace. Got home shortly thereafter, and had a wonderful and fun birthday celebration with the family. The youngsters left a little while ago, spouse is snoring, and I just finished the dishes and logged in to see what's been going on recently.

And I found Jaxson's post asking for prayers at 7:00 Eastern time.

And the goosebumps started.

Because, you see, I live in the Central time zone. It was about 5:40 when I left the office. And it was just about 20 minutes later, at 6:00 Central time, when I watched the railroad barriers come down to stop me in the middle of the street, leaving me no choice but to take the time to talk to the universe about my friend Noma.

Goosebumps.....

Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
skbs did I miss what you found out about your test results? Hope you had a nice date night with DH tonight!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Oh I promise that recipe! I tore the page out of a magazine in my son's dentist office (No Shame) and have to find it. Tomorrow I surely will post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink