Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 04:51 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,930 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone...Sorry I've neglected you guys...and I haven't read all the posts - but I will later. I lost my job today - which is hard....but I hated it there...so its ok - I just wish I got to quit. My ex boss (ooo I like the sound of that) has been through 4 assistants in the last year...and I was there for a 6 mos. So.....he's not an easy kinda guy. And you could tell by all the time I spent here with you guys - I didn't have much to do...which was the hardest for me......anyhoo......

Tonite.....FINALLY - chicken fried steak!

Old 03-10-2008, 04:52 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
LacyEx

I hope that your are soon on the mend! Take good care of yourself and follow doctors orders.

elston

Old 03-10-2008, 04:58 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
Hi Everyone...Sorry I've neglected you guys...and I haven't read all the posts - but I will later. I lost my job today - which is hard....but I hated it there...so its ok - I just wish I got to quit. My ex boss (ooo I like the sound of that) has been through 4 assistants in the last year...and I was there for a 6 mos. So.....he's not an easy kinda guy. And you could tell by all the time I spent here with you guys - I didn't have much to do...which was the hardest for me......anyhoo......

Tonite.....FINALLY - chicken fried steak!
I was wondering what happened to you, sorry to hear that you lost your job. Hey, just think you can spend more time in the kitchen perfecting your recipies!

http://bestsmileys.com/cooking/4.gif (broken link)

Last edited by Denise in Fla; 03-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-10-2008, 05:42 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Default Once Upon A Time......

A few days ago, I wrote to you in anticipation of what became Monday's (March 10) dinner selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's going to be grilled mahi mahi with two salmon cakes and asparagus spears.

And I'll hasten to add this: When I went to Central Market to purchase my salmon cakes (made in their own kitchen), they gave me four grilled shrimp for free!!

It was the perfect complement to the other fish I had!

Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
A few days ago, I wrote to you in anticipation of what became Monday's (March 10) dinner selections.

And I'll hasten to add this: When I went to Central Market to purchase my salmon cakes (made in their own kitchen), they gave me four grilled shrimp for free!!

It was the perfect complement to the other fish I had!
That was a nice perk!

Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
And coming up this week: Shake-N-Bake pork chops, three-meat calzone, salisbury steak, and, if I'm crazy, I might do breakfast one night this week. I've also got to unfreeze some grilled veggies.

And I've also got to finish those Duncan Hines ready-to-bake brownies. I'm getting a glass of milk to go with it. Deeee-lish!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 PM

321 posts, read 920,704 times
Oh dear Lacey sorry to hear about your back - I've had these troubles myself so I'm with you girlfriend and sending good vibes your way. Chill out and maybe take those Motrin with a nice Chardonnay

nic529, sorry to hear you lost your job...but remember, when a door is shut....somewhere a window opens

Cornbread tonight was delish with butter and baked beans Looking forward to a little grilled leftover cornbread for breakfast!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Nic - sounds like better things in store. I had the "boss from H-ll" for 1 yr. You worked such long hours-I felt for you.

Thanks Elston-Ice and motrin really helping. DH made a killer omelet and he cleaned up-Yeah!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:08 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Thanx WKT-feeling a little better and my chiro knew immediately after we sat and talked and just said what I thought-been there-done that.

As I've said over and over you are all the best!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:34 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,930 times
Awww Lacey! I'm sorry to hear about your back. Owie

I would like to also say to see an ortho if this doesn't get better soon. I have some experience in this area - I used to work for a company that pionneered back surgery products and instruments......long and involved....but trust me when I say....even your primary can't know how bad it is without the MRI. So - a couple of days.....and if its not remarkably better ....see ortho....got it? LOL

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm sure I'll have another position soon. I'll go temp if I have to. I wanted to quit though, lol. Here's the thing - we have this new calendar and email program - and he was getting upset because there were double events on his calendar.......long story short....he's going to find that when he schedules his own stuff...it will duplicate....and he'll delete it ....and then it will be there again the next morning......and then he will find an email in my computer from the software company saying that this is a glitch and they are working to correct the problem.....and then he'll kick himself LOL hehehehehe

Chicken fried steak was really good! Everyone loved it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink