Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 07:20 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times

Advertisements

Good Morning everyone. I think we can finally get out of the house, fingers crossed. We have cabin fever again so it will be good to get out. Tonight I am making a new recipe for "Broccoli Lo Mien". Wish me luck.

monica- I would love the recipe for your "famous meatloaf" if you care to share.

Nomad- Enjoy the Publix trip. That is one store from FL that I miss.

Lacey- Take care of your knee today. Hopefully you will feel good enough to enjoy your "tropical" break. I hope Mr. L's appt. goes well.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,042 times
Morning all, taco casserole turned out great last night. Definately a keeper. Tonight for dinner, not sure yet. I am leaning towards steak as our Red Meat/Pork Week is coming to an end. Not sure yet though. Will have to see if I am inspired today or not.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 AM

849 posts, read 1,952,042 times
Lacey, sorry about Mr L. Hope he feels better.

Our temp yesterday was near 80, but by early next week it'll be upper 50's, which for us Phoenicians is cold...we always get one last cold days around Valentine's day.

HighlandsGal, your dinner sounds yummy. Haven't had blueberries in a while.

Jaxson, Congrats on your star!

Last night's Shepherd's pie was good. I think I'll make the beef stroganoff in a couple of days...or I may even just freeze the rest of roast beef. Tonight I will bake ham, it was on sale at .88cents/LB(Farmer John Bone in Ham). Scalloped potatoes and glazed baby carrots on the side...

Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Supper tonight is chicken paprikash with noodles, and I'm drooling on the keyboard smelling it. It was a looooong day of journal entries and reconciling accounts, and I am more than ready for a big old pile o' starch with all sorts of goodies on top. And on that note, the spouse just hollered that it's on the table, so I'll catch ya all later!
Sounds good, do you have a recipe for that, or do you just wing it? I am looking for some new dinners, I am getting bored of my same ole stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axinom07 View Post
hi there din din tonight was my famous meatloaf (my stepkids drive home 2hours if they know I'll make it for them, little baby red creamed potatoes, roasted asparagus sprinkled with EVVO, sea salt and fresh crushed tricolor pepper..MMMMMMMMMMMMi died and landed in foodie heaven.
monica
I see you have one request already for your meatloaf recipe--I second it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Last night's Shepherd's pie was good. I think I'll make the beef stroganoff in a couple of days...or I may even just freeze the rest of roast beef. Tonight I will bake ham, it was on sale at .88cents/LB(Farmer John Bone in Ham). Scalloped potatoes and glazed baby carrots on the side...
I have never made Shepherds Pie. Do you have a recipe??

Sounds like everyone is thawing out a little and that is good. We are supposed to have a bit of a thaw this weekend too! Can't wait. I am about to go to the groc. store and it is not my fave job, but noone else will do it. Looking for a few new recipes. I have already saved a few of them from here and I have to gather them all in a file-gather the ingredients and off I go...

Have a delicious day!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:19 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,350 times
Wow Lacey, You had it warmer than we did here in the cities yesterday. Only got up to about 23 here. But today 40! Meltdown!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:41 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,738,314 times
I am thirding (such a word) the meatloaf recipe.

Good Morning all....have no clue about tonight.
Just took two loaves of Irish bread out of the oven and it smells so good.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
So sorry to hear that so many of my friends here have caught the winter cruddies; it's hard enough to deal with months and months of cold and snow without having to deal with sore throats and stuffed sinuses on top of it. Sending you all wishes for a speedy recovery - and skbs, you are under special orders to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF as well as you do everyone else. Honey, if you wind up so sick you're in the hospital, who's gonna take care of your family? I promise you, twenty years from now it's just not going to matter whether you got the girls to EVERY SINGLE ONE of their activities - but it will matter that you took enough time to care for yourself so you can care for them.

Supper tonight is chicken paprikash with noodles, and I'm drooling on the keyboard smelling it. It was a looooong day of journal entries and reconciling accounts, and I am more than ready for a big old pile o' starch with all sorts of goodies on top. And on that note, the spouse just hollered that it's on the table, so I'll catch ya all later!
That chicken paprikash sounds excellent. Care to share your recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post

Good Morning all....have no clue about tonight.
Just took two loaves of Irish bread out of the oven and it smells so good.
Irish bread....got my knife, got my butter. I'm on my way!

No idea what's for dinner at the NMS house. I liked. It's going to be some kind of chicken. Not sure what yet.

Gotta run. THe laundry needs to go on the line. Catch y'all later.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:51 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,774,096 times
Quote:
Supper tonight is chicken paprikash with noodles
Me too....recipe please

Quote:
I am fourthing the meatloaf recipe.

Quote:
I have never made Shepherds Pie. Do you have a recipe??
I'd like that one also

Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,745,112 times
Tonights dinner is an easy one (Cuban food)...Picadillo over white rice and sweet fried bananas, and I attempted to make a chocolate cake, don't know yet how it came out, I love to cook, but I am not good at all in baking.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,941,834 times
Happy Friday foodies!! I have no idea what is for dinner tonight....maybe take out or something. I cannot stop sneezing today and can't figure out if it is allergies or a cold..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.