Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 06:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

McD's can't remember the last time but usually chicken sandwich.

I love that Ohio has multiple choices at their rest stops and has Panerra-soup is great. PA is the grimiest and disgusting for rest stops.

Cheers for tonight-chicken/sausage buffet for Mr. L, chicken and salad for me.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
McD's can't remember the last time but usually chicken sandwich.

I love that Ohio has multiple choices at their rest stops and has Panerra-soup is great. PA is the grimiest and disgusting for rest stops.

Cheers for tonight-chicken/sausage buffet for Mr. L, chicken and salad for me.
I agree Lacey PA is a bust....I would rather pack a sandwich....and for me I can't get anywhere w/o going through PA

Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I agree Lacey PA is a bust....I would rather pack a sandwich....and for me I can't get anywhere w/o going through PA
Sure you can - go through Ontario. I grew up in southeastern Michigan, and my mom's family all lived in the Syracuse/Rochester area of New York. We'd drive out to see them several times a year, and always went through Ontario. Good highways, and at least at that point (we won't say how many decades ago) the rest stops were quite nice.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Morning..........

Ham slice tonight with baked beans and harvard beets.

Have not been cooking much lately but will cook tonight. This is so easy

And Lacey......I love pannera. Ate there last Sunday and had their mozzerlla and tomatoe Panni. Oh my God........to die for.
We have no Pannera around here. Maybe be one up in New Castle??? or Newark?? Not sure

Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I visited Kingston ON once and loved it.....and by the way.....very good resturants there.....for dinner.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
One year my X and I decided to do a Canada thing----in our 1968 VW!! From CA! It ended up being a 10,000 mile trip from one end of Canada to the other, Nova Scotia. It was beautiful and am so happy we did it. It took us a month.Of course we were in our early 20's so we could do and go anywhere without any concerns and hubbys job gave him a paid months vacation!! The only place we did not enjoy was Quebec but we didn't speak French and they were not very welcoming in those years if you didn't speak French....not sure how it is now! We had some very good food in Ontario. Course that was 30 years ago.......

Old 02-11-2009, 07:15 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
When on a road trip......their breakfast sandwiches, coffee and clean rest rooms are a welcome stop about an hour after getting out and on the road early.
I will never, EVER, eat at McDonald's again on a roadtrip. When we drove to Oh for Thanksgiving from Tx last Thanksgiving that was where we stopped for every meal. (Trying to be cheap) After two days of McDonald's for every meal I don't think I will ever eat there again. Ugh......

ETA: Dinner tonight still undetermined, probably pasta of some sort.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:15 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Default je ne sais quoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
One year my X and I decided to do a Canada thing----in our 1968 VW!! From CA! It ended up being a 10,000 mile trip from one end of Canada to the other, Nova Scotia. It was beautiful and am so happy we did it. It took us a month.Of course we were in our early 20's so we could do and go anywhere without any concerns and hubbys job gave him a paid months vacation!! The only place we did not enjoy was Quebec but we didn't speak French and they were not very welcoming in those years if you didn't speak French....not sure how it is now! We had some very good food in Ontario. Course that was 30 years ago.......
I was in Montreal about 6 years ago.....everything was in both languages and everyone was very friendly! They even endured my attempts to order coffee and a donut in french and smiled and laughed with me and taught me gently....even tho they spoke perfectly good English .... they were great. I thnk some of the hostility and "seperatest" feeling subsided.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am sure I would have some help! Ha! It only takes a couple of out-spoken people to break the ice for everyone. I don't allow anyone not to get involved!
It probably will come as no surprise that I am not shy either. I could certainly help you do your ice breaking, noooo problem. My mom always says she's never seen anybody "work a room" like me. I'm not sure if that's a compliment!

I don't know what's for dinner again. I am so disorganized lately. I have some more hamburger meat, but that would be 3 days in a row... Maybe we'll have something light like baked potatoes with cottage cheese and salad.

Big Mac Burgers were great!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
I think we can all meet in a big hall and we can bring our laptops and chat with each other until we get comfy....just the visual is funny.

Anyway...............tonight I am making a rotisserie roast beef with au jus maybe try the potato puree and polish green beans.
I'll see if my kids want to join us as the more the merrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink