Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times

Advertisements

Hi, all.

I'm thinking baby back ribs tonight. We bought some yesterday at Costco. Need to clean the grill, first tho.

Enjoy your day.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
Good Morning Everyone!

Elston that sounds absolutely heavenly!

MTH: So glad to hear the little one is doing better.

Lisa: We had those winds last night too. Rocking chairs are down on the front porch. I sure hope it dies down soon, it is a little better today.

Debsi: What about little beef tenderloins in puff pastry and tiny Fingerling potatoes.

Tonight is emptying the fridge night, leftover lasagna, sausage, peppers, potatoes, meatballs and gravy, crusty bread and spring salad.

Valentine's Dinner will be Black Angus NY Strip Steaks, broiled Lobster Tails, twice baked cheese potatoes and steamed asparagus.

Going to some some errands, will check back later. Have a nice afternoon.
kelsie

Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,101 times
Tonight is a left over night. I like those since I don't have to cook!

Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Soft steak tacos tonight...with lots of sweet onions on them....

Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 AM

48,125 posts, read 21,999,038 times
I just made a chicken soup using the new College Inn Bold Stock.....it is wonderful! I highly recommend it!!! I cut up some turnip, carrot, potato, cabbage, celery, mushrooms, celery, added a bay leaf, and some "salted herbs" and some dried herbs from my garden..... and sliced up two chicken breasts that I baked off yesterday, cooked up some egg noodles which I added to the individual serving bowls....it was delicious!

And it cleaned out a lots of vegetables I had in the vegetable drawer in the fridge.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Soft steak tacos tonight...with lots of sweet onions on them....
A very good move. Noma, you earn an A+ and 5 shiny gold stars for menu planning today.

DH insisted that we have hamburgers again tonight so we bought buns at Braums and I might try to get the "faux Big Mac" REALLY right tonight.. I even bought American cheese. Don't tell anybody, I don't normally buy fake cheese. I eat velveeta at other people's homes though.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Back from a foray thru the market aisles and I'm set til Tues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight a beautiful hunk of black angus sirloin roast-slow roasted pot roast, veggies, mashed. Which will turn into hot pot roast sandwiches tomorrow night.

Two huge center cut pork chops, sweet potatoes, asparagus for Sat.

Sun-chicken thighs to make a big pot of chicken soup.

Extra lobster tails-still on sale-for the freezer.

Fresh strawberries and raspberries top top angel food cake.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
carnitas refritos encebollados
(refried pork with onions)

Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
OMG it is insane out there!!!! Met Hubby for lunch w/ Chatterbox. The car wanted to drive sideways. I am back home and not a snow ball's chance in you know where am I going out again except to drive down to the bus stop to get Diva after school.... And I didn't put the recycling out because you should see all the milk containers flying around out there!!! I am holding out until next time.... no sense making a mess of the pile I have....

So dinner.... Chatterbox and I have decided.... We found it today at Wegmans....Chicken Sausage that has apple and maple syrup in it YUM ( Al Fresco All Natural: Live Life with Flavor (http://www.alfrescoallnatural.com/products/index.htm?pg=2&subpg=1&sub2pg=4 - broken link) ) and yams with butter, s & p.... baked apples w/ cin and brown sugar.... BROC of course... corn.... and a salad... this was her idea so I figured I would let her create the menu... Sounded good to me! And I got some fancy rolls from the bakery- one was called a PRETZEL ROLL that I know DIVA will be all over! Anyway... I think I'll pull out the good china tonight....

Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Back from a foray thru the market aisles and I'm set til Tues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight a beautiful hunk of black angus sirloin roast-slow roasted pot roast, veggies, mashed. Which will turn into hot pot roast sandwiches tomorrow night.

Two huge center cut pork chops, sweet potatoes, asparagus for Sat.

Sun-chicken thighs to make a big pot of chicken soup.

Extra lobster tails-still on sale-for the freezer.

Fresh strawberries and raspberries top top angel food cake.

If I promise to shovel your driveway when it snows can I come live at your house. Those meals sound delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink