Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,231,467 times

Advertisements

All I know is my grandma lived to be 94 and told me to eat what my body craves as it will tell me what to eat if I listen to it! Of course sometimes my mind wanders off into those oh so unhealthy meals but as a rule I eat what my body craves but in moderation--usually!

Good morning all and Happy Valentines Day!! Enjoy!!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:26 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,325,343 times
Happy Valentines day all..Dinner tonight will be out..Out where no clue...I will advise when I get back...Windows are open here and a mockingbird is real happy outside....I just hope he is aware of being in cat land....

Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,714,990 times
Good Morning all
No clue about dinner but wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day.
Today is the day we get away with this and as much as you want so enjoy!!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,795,490 times
Happy Valentine's Day all and remember chocolate has no calories today!

Just started a pot of chicken soup for tomorrow-much better the next day.

Tonite nice thick pork chops, sweet pots, asparagus, biscuits for Mr. L.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:00 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,842,200 times
Good Morning All.... Happy Valentine's Day..... Hope you all have a lovely day!!!!

We started it up last night and took the girls out to eat and to the Dollar Movies to see BOLT.... too cute. They had a great time. They woke EARLY and had to dig through all of their Valentines they got from their friends at school to read and reread them. VERY CUTE to see. We gave them their gift- nothing too fancy- I don't know if you all picked up on the fact that I don't bring in a lot of junk into my house- (minus my kettle chips lol) even for VDAY... They got puppy dog stationary, lip gloss, a few stickers and a teeny tiny little M&M guy that has a few mini M&M's in them.... I figured they would still be hyped on the sugar they had at the parties from school yesterday. They really don't get the sugar from me.... so many other ways to get it outside the house.... Like the Cookie Club at the Grocery Store....

Tonight will be OUR TRADITION!!!! Heart Shaped personal pizzas.... the kids like the meat.... I like all veggie.... it is actually a lot of fun. We setion off the dough and shape the hearts and load them up.... it is so funny to watch the girls make them.... I have everything divided ahead of time in terms of cheese and everything- otherwise Chatterbox would have the whole bag of Moz on her heart! LOL.....

On a very sad note.... a very close family friend past away around one o'clock this morning. He has had a brain tumor for about a year now.... and has been in hospice for the past couple of weeks. He is one of my FIL bff's.... and very close to my husband. This week is going to be very sad for the family and many of their close friends. Hubby is trying to be upbeat for the girls.... but I know it is hard on him this morning....We are just waiting to call his friend (the son of this man) since we know it was such a late night for them..... just a very sad day for them.....

Old 02-14-2009, 07:25 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,310,177 times
Oh skbs I am so sorry to hear about yor family friend. Sending warm thoughts your way.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,310,177 times
Happy Valentines Day. I know today is supposed to be "free chocolate day" but tomorrow it goes on sale.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/lisa_in_east_tn/lunapic-123394009967008.gif (broken link)

I have no idea about dinner. I'm not even in that mode yet.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:46 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,962,488 times
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

I went back to the supermarket last night and they put out more Lobster Tails!! They were much bigger than I had seen on Wednesday night. So we bought 4. I can't wait to make them tonight. DH wants some Angel Hair pasta with it, I was looking to have a half of baked potato to go with mine, so we'll see who wins. lol

Enjoy the day!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 AM

7,316 posts, read 2,730,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Noma, I am extremely proud of you.

I think you will definitely be the best student at my taco seminar, which will be co-taught by my special guest, I am Woman.

Debsi, I would be honored to be your special guest and co-teacher. Oh, my, the taco sisters together....almost boggles the mind! Let me know when and where....

I am pleased to announce I am off duty with only an eight hour shift last night! Now, as to dinner, hmmm, tacos, meatloaf or spaghetti....decisions, decisions. Think I'll go sit down for a few minutes and just enjoy being home with the furkids then make the decision.

skbs, so sorry to hear about your friend. I lost a friend last week...worked with him for 25 years and have worked with his son for the last 10. That was a really hard funeral to attend...my thoughts are with you.

Hope everyone has a very nice day.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:58 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,137,168 times
MWBW sorry the play wasn't good but sounds like the company and meal were.

elston you always seem to have nice adventures too glad you enjoyed your evening out.

skbs my condolences for your family's loss.

IAW condolences for your friend as well.

Was awakened by an early morning phone call from my oldest here is what I heard after I said hello: "It's VD I am going to spread it around". As I set up in bed shouting "What?" I hear laughing then he tells me Happy Valentines day. So Happy Valentines day foodie friends~ have the red velvet cake made ready to be iced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink