Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 06:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Burdell-did you turn the oven on????? Well hey that's cooking.
Nah, but I did program the microwave and put the garlic bread in the toaster-oven, that was about the extent of my 'cooking' ambitions by the time I got home.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:46 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I just got home from an evening at Sonny's BBQ...All I wanted slice BBQ pork, sweet potato, coleslaw, and garlic toast..with unsweetened iced tea.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
case I forgot to tell you thanks for your vacation update. Glad you had a good time it sounded yumo reading your take.
Thank you for reading. This can also be helpful whenever you decide to travel Texas.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:58 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Tonight was spaghetti and meatballs at the Olive Garden. I also had a bread sticks, Caesar salad, and fried calamari. With it, I washed it down with iced tea, and I even sampled some red wine.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:20 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Hey y'all! Dinner had to be modified - no prime rib tonight! Did have fried shrimp, fried chicken, salad, streak-a-lean, baked potato! (DH brought it home from an AYCE place). I was SHOCKED at how good the shrimp and chicken were! Wow! Whomever is doing the cooking/frying knows what they are doing! We WILL be back!

We are going to the lakehouse tomorrow, even thought they say it actually might snow (SNOW????). Can you believe it??? Upper 70s to SNOW?? Oh well, we have central heat and air there too, so BRING IT! LOL Actually the only thing I am worried about is (those who know me, GUESS...) tornados.....again we have another tornado advisory - WITH snow????? I am so confused! Keep in mind that is has not snowed here (actual snow that stuck to the ground) since the early 70's. I remember it! I have the cutest pic of me wearing hip huggers at about oh.......6 yrs of age outside trying to build a "dirty" snowman. LOL

Seriuosly though, what is up with this weather? Kinda scary. Keep me in your thoughts? Please????

Last edited by Katsmeeyow; 02-27-2009 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Cannot spell today!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Hey y'all! Dinner had to be modified - no prime rib tonight! Did have fried shrimp, fried chicken, salad, streak-a-lean, baked potato! (DH brought it home from an AYCE place). I was SHOCKED at how good the shrimp and chicken were! Wow! Whomever is doing the cooking/frying knows what they are doing! We WILL be back!

We are going to the lakehouse tomorrow, even thought they say it actually might snow (SNOW????). Can you believe it??? Upper 70s to SNOW?? Oh well, we have central heat and air there too, so BRING IT! LOL Actually the only thing I am worried about is (those who know me, GUESS...) tornados.....again we have another tornado advisory - WITH snow????? I am so confused! Keep in mind that is has not snowed here (actual snow that stuck to the ground) since the early 70's. I remember it! I have the cutest pic of me wearing hip huggers at about oh.......6 yrs of age outside trying to build a "dirty" snowman. LOL

Seriuosly though, what is up with this weather? Kinda scary. Keep me in your thoughts? Please????
OH Kats.... I too am deathly afraid of tornadoes... after living in OKLAHOMA when I was a kid and seeing on touch down in the field behind my house 21 years late and living in SNOW COUNTRY UP NORTH where we never have them... I still have nightmares.... I will say a prayer to ease your nerves.... We are having the same crazy weather here in Western NY- like I said earlier it was 50 this morning and now it is below 30 I think.... will snow tonight for sure and the wind is zipping.... I do think we have had some STRANGE weather over the past couple of years.... I think things are changing....

Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
Lacey, I am sorry that Mr. L isn't coming home this weekend. I wish you could come here so I could cook for you. You know I send you hugs and lots of prayers.

skbs, I hope the baby girl will be fine this weekend.

kats, jax, bella, lacey, than you for your wonderful thoughts and prayers and cheers for my dh, I will let you know when he gets all these tests done and we get the results. One thing I have to say about living in NC, they don't fool around when it comes to health care. I may speak about not getting good pizza, but that cannot compare to great health care.

I thank all of you and hope you all have a wonderful night. kelsie

Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I think the coconut cream pie that was planned for now will just have to be put on hold until tomorrow. Still feeling good after the BBQ outing.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Thanks SKBS!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Nomad glad your BBQ is holding you over tonight.

kats have fun at the lake house we won't talk about you........much.

Night all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink