Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

My DP reminded me last evening that it was the one year anniversary of the first time we looked at this house; the one that we eventually bought. We had flown up from California to check out houses we found on line and thought looked good. We had a great buyers agent who took us around and this was one that my partner found the evening before we came up..(it had just been marked down to within our price range)....we had looked at almost all of our computer picks and were feeling a little disappointed.....and then we saw this one.....partner said even from the street he knew it "was the one".

I want to replay that line on the anniversary of when we first met.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I usually have a couple of cans of evaporated milk for emergencies when I cant get to the store.....I like canned milk for cooking and also like it in my coffee.

I am honored to have those pork chops know as "elston's style" but I really have no claim on them. Your menu of pork chops and butter beans and mashed potatoes sounds sooooo good.
Sorry elston but in "my book" these are elston pork chops!! That is how I know just which ones they are and it's just the way it is going to be here my friend! Have you ever used canned milk in puddings for flan....I may give it a try!!
Congratualtions on you and your DP's home and life together my friend!!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 02-28-2009 at 01:48 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Ohhhh elston, that is so sweet.

amber, thank you for sharing your secret trip with us. I know your mom is thrilled.

cyn, I can see your big over here.

kats, have a fun, safe trip. See you next week.

MWBW, happy anniversary.

skbs, hope little CB is feeling better today. The green soup, in a word--disgusting. But, the funniest thing dh is feeling better today. Was it the soup or the thought I would make more.

jax, I think b/c the tests came back without incident yesterday has made dh feel better.

cyn, I really do think it was the d---- peanuts last week. dh is not a big drinker either & he had 2 Johnny Walker Blacks with a basket of peanuts. Even the dr. said that that would swell up his stomach. He had to eat the peanuts and make me crazy all week.

Every time I put the heating pad on him this week, I had to rub white doggie's belly too.

lacey, how is everything today? What is Mr. L's prognosis?

Rainy, miserable day here in E. NC. h/m turkey soup and Black Angus stew and vegetables, over egg noodles.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone, and again thank you for your thoughts and help this past week. kelsie

Old 02-28-2009, 01:20 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
What nice anniversary stories.

DH and I have one coming up, too. We had our first date 3/18/95 and haven't been apart since. Like MWBW, our "legal" anniversary is in June, but that was just a formality.

Tonight will be roast pork, cauliflower from the farmers' market, with fresh sliced tomato and cuke, and some green beans. Sounds good to me!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:35 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Kelsie....so glad to hear DH is feeling better today....even if it was due to suffering through green sludge...LOL... might be a little bit of both- the fear and the meds... hahah

Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Such good meals. Elston I too have those labeled as Elston's pork chops so I guess it will stick.
Still not sure about dinner tonight but just got back form the meat raffle...this weeks take was 3 one pound pork roasts 3 pounds hamburg 3 bnls chicken breasts 2 pounds steak tips and 3 pounds turkey tips. Not bad for $20.00.
BTW Lacey that was a really good recipe on the baby backs...thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
elston -Your dinner last night sounded fantastic and an Auction tonight. You are really living it up. Have a great time tonight. Congrats on your 1 year house anniversary.

DKVA- Thanks for the recipe. I love food that tastes great and is easy to make.

MBW- Happy Anniversary. Thirty three years young. When is the honeymoon?

kelsie- Glad your DH is in better spirits.

Just checking in before I make dinner. General Tso's Chicken for me and Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets(in the oven) for my DH.

Does anyone know what temp to do the chick cutlets in the oven? I was thinking 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Also do they come out "soggy" in the oven?
Thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Oh No! We just checked our tickets and found that our auction was last night! Tonight was the snow date We missed the fun and wasted the price of two dinners.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Sorry elston but in "my book" these are elston pork chops!! That is how I know just which ones they are and it's just the way it is going to be here my friend! Have you ever used canned milk in puddings for flan....I may give it a try!!
Congratualtions on you and your DP's home and life together my friend!!
I never did flan.....but canned milk is wonderful to use with Jello cooked puddings. I usually use it about 1/2 diluted. It is so rich and tasty.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Oh elston I am so sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink