Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 11:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times

Advertisements

Well with kelsie on one side of me and Lisa on the other I know you both have got to be having some really miserable weather cause I am and have been for awhile now!! I need a boat about now...........I sure am glad I insisted on living on top of the mountain!!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:12 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Default mary had a little lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I saw this on our local news and wanted to share.
It can be used on any kind of meat and it sounds delish. I haven't made it but can't wait to.
v\:* {behavior:url (#default#vml);} v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } The Dish - The Dish: Solea -- Apricot Lamb Chops
Lamb chops are so outrageously expensive....I never buy them....and I love lamb.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
I personally don't like lamb chops but it caught my attention saying you can marinate any kind of meat so I bet it would be great on pork or even chicken....If you go to www. WHDH.com (go to lifestyles and it is the first recipe)I believe they will show you what to do and what it looks like. It was on this AM's news. The combination caught my attention.
Elston the only time I make lamb is Easter and that is a leg of lamb. You either like it or hate it with no in between.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi VPCats-missed you. You don't have to be cooking to post.

MWBW-great idea. With what's left of the cabbage I just chunk and add to the pot.

NMS-close call-you could've been airborn.
Good thing I didn't have my broom with me or I would have been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
NMS I have this visual of you racing with your golf cart to get home..........LOL
Glad you are safe and sound and all your hard work in the yard survives.

VP so good to see you my friend.
Should've seen me. Hunched over the wheel, eyes squinting, hair just a-flyin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Weird weather for you all. My "little" brother (he's 28) is driving from MI to FL with friends for a vacation and he had to stop between Nashville and Chattanoga TN last night because of snow. Now it is snowing in ATL too??? He is going to have a miserable trip!

Anyhoo, the musical is done until next year! The kids did great but I am exhausted and looking forward to just relaxing today. I made dinner early yesterday but couldn't eat it until I got home at 10.

I made in the crockpot chicken taco meat. Take chicken breasts, taco seasoning, small can of diced chiles, small can of jalapenos, some diced onion, two cloves of garlic finely chopped, juice of a lime, 3/4 cup of tequila, half a beer, dash of hot sauce, a bit of salsa, and whatever else you want -- black beans might be good. Cook on high for a few hours and periodically mash the chicken. It will break down and start to shred. Most of the liquid will absorb and then serve with all of your favorite "accessories" So good! Will have some more for lunch. But first, breakfast. Coffee and cinnamon rolls.
Congrats on the musical. I know what it's like to have to go thru all that stuff. Your chicken sounds wonderful.

DH came home early, and dinner has been decided. Vegetarian pizza on Boboli crust. Yes, Nomad.....jalapenos have been invited to the party!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:25 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
I'm trying Giada's chicken cacciatore tonight. I usually use red wine but her recipe calls for white. I'll give it a try and let you all know.
I'll try to send some warm weather and sunshine your way too

Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Lamb chops are so outrageously expensive....I never buy them....and I love lamb.
Oh, how I know the feeling; we love lamb, too, and it is just way out of the budget for the most part. And the worst part is that all too often, when you do find "lamb" at a decent price, it's really the lamb's great-grandmother, and so strong in flavor that it's nearly inedible.

We did break down yesterday and buy a small boneless leg of lamb from a high-quality butcher shop here in town, because our weekly dinner guests asked us last week what Middle-eastern cooking is like. We're planning marinated lamb-kebabs, hummus, cous-cous, tabouli, cucumber-yogurt salad and pita bread for them this coming Tuesday, and there'll be enough of all of it to send them home with a couple of meals' worth afterward. But that's enough of a splurge that we probably won't do lamb again for six months or more.

I keep reading Vichel's posts about the wonderful lamb she gets in Oz and wishing that it were more common here. Vichel, the next time you have a lovely tender delicately flavored leg o' lamb, think about us up here drooling at the thought of it!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Oh, how I know the feeling; we love lamb, too, and it is just way out of the budget for the most part. And the worst part is that all too often, when you do find "lamb" at a decent price, it's really the lamb's great-grandmother, and so strong in flavor that it's nearly inedible.

We did break down yesterday and buy a small boneless leg of lamb from a high-quality butcher shop here in town, because our weekly dinner guests asked us last week what Middle-eastern cooking is like. We're planning marinated lamb-kebabs, hummus, cous-cous, tabouli, cucumber-yogurt salad and pita bread for them this coming Tuesday, and there'll be enough of all of it to send them home with a couple of meals' worth afterward. But that's enough of a splurge that we probably won't do lamb again for six months or more.

I keep reading Vichel's posts about the wonderful lamb she gets in Oz and wishing that it were more common here. Vichel, the next time you have a lovely tender delicately flavored leg o' lamb, think about us up here drooling at the thought of it!
I second that emotion!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I'm trying Giada's chicken cacciatore tonight. I usually use red wine but her recipe calls for white. I'll give it a try and let you all know.
I'll try to send some warm weather and sunshine your way too
I think you will love it. I have made this recipe 3 times already. In fact, when serving it as a leftover, it's even better! Enjoy!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Thanks! Duh! That makes total sense. My parents are from southern China! Do I speak Chinese with a southern twang?
You tell us.......but I bet there are regional differences.....but maybe not a drawl.....but ? slower????

Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
You tell us.......but I bet there are regional differences.....but maybe not a drawl.....but ? slower????
It's slower alright. I have to really translate my thinking from English to Chinese before I speak in Chinese.

My niece is half Japanese and she is taking Japanese in college. A lot of her Japanese is coming back to her she said.

It's still snowing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink