Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times

Advertisements

Morning everyone, tonight for dinner not sure yet. I am thinking of having shredded chicken sandwiches, I have to dig to find the recipe.

Crazyworld I made your bread pudding last night and hubby died and went to heaven. I am being heralded as a saint this morning. Thank you for the recipe. That will be a new favorite for holiday dinners.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Looks like for the first time in my life I just might be right behind you axinom doing this dieting thing---since stopping smoking I have probably gained close to 10 pounds now!! Yikes! I can still fit my same clothes but they are starting to get snug and they were baggy before!! Also the lack of exercise is a big part of it I am sure. In CA I was out and about all the time---no real weather related issues there. Here I sit in the house because it's either to cold for me (I am from CA so although it may be to cold for me most from here would probably be out in it more often) or the roads are all messed up from snow or rain! Hopefully, with spring, I will be more active out in the yard and that will help to lose some of this "flab"! I need to buy some munchies that aren't fattening like fresh veggies and fruit. When I smoked I just had a cigarette when I got hungry or bored but now I eat.........

Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Looks like for the first time in my life I just might be right behind you axinom doing this dieting thing---since stopping smoking I have probably gained close to 10 pounds now!! Yikes! I can still fit my same clothes but they are starting to get snug and they were baggy before!! Also the lack of exercise is a big part of it I am sure. In CA I was out and about all the time---no real weather related issues there. Here I sit in the house because it's either to cold for me (I am from CA so although it may be to cold for me most from here would probably be out in it more often) or the roads are all messed up from snow or rain! Hopefully, with spring, I will be more active out in the yard and that will help to lose some of this "flab"! I need to buy some munchies that aren't fattening like fresh veggies and fruit. When I smoked I just had a cigarette when I got hungry or bored but now I eat.........

I am right there with you Cyn. I have developed a horrible sweet tooth. Just munch, munch, munch all day long. ARGH!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I already feel better----thanks for being with me here. Maybe once you get a little farther along with your not smoking we can figure out how to lose all of these wonderful exta inches! Right now you worry about staying smoke free. It's not as much weight as I had feared--really. But I do want to nip it in the bud!! The more I gain the harder it will be. I have not been one bit careful either---I eat anything and everything in sight. Just ask my DH. Ha!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM

I am hoping to start walking more. The weather has been dreary lately, one day 75 the next four lows in the 30's highs in the 50 and 60's. Coming from CA too (there 5 yrs) I am not used to the changes anymore either. I just want to bundle up and hide out. You'd never know that I grew up in Northern oh and had to deal with really cold weather. It is crazy how fast a person adapts to warm climates. LOL

We will have to start a thread about how to jazz up carrot sticks.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Not just the eating more but it's a metabolic change to your system.

Special K now makes crackers, 17 of them=90 cal so everyday I count out 17, put them in a baggie and snack all day on them. Red grapes too-maybe about 10.

Angel food cake-low calorie and satifies sweet tooth. I also make a HUGE bowl of fruit-froz strawberries, blueberrie, peaches, rasperries with pepper, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:02 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Wow, this weather is just crazy! We just got a dusting of snow Monday, when Cyn was deluged, then 8:00 pm Monday night it started coming down and snowed until around midnight. Yesterday 18, windy and freezing, today low 30's. Fri. is sup. to be 72, Sat. 74 and possible 80 on Sunday. Just in time to change the clocks.

Tonight's dinner is going to be stuffed flounder with shrimp, scampi sauce, baked potatoes, green beans and zucchini.

I hope everyone has a great afternoon. kelsie

Old 03-04-2009, 11:09 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post

We will have to start a thread about how to jazz up carrot sticks.
Buy a yogurt drainer from amazon.com ( approx $15) or spend lots of money buying cheesecloth on a regular basis.

Drain low-fat or non-fat plain yogurt until thick.

Mix with packet of lipton onion soup mix as if it is sour cream.

Munch and enjoy. It really is good.. I don't miss the sour cream, and I love sour cream.

It's good on a baked potato too.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hubby mentioned pizza. Now, I could go for it, but he's supposed to have his cholesterol checked on Friday. Think it'll make a difference?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
No it shouldn't. Is it normally high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink