Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 02:29 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,405,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Had a wonderful uneventful trip and arrived here about 11:30AM-too many pages to catch up on-miss you all.
Good news you arrived safely. Have fun and enjoy your family event

Old 03-15-2009, 03:15 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,314,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Had a wonderful uneventful trip and arrived here about 11:30AM-too many pages to catch up on-miss you all.
We're all glad to know that you arrived safely, Lacey, and I know the family is having a grand old time soaking you up. You are a sweetheart to let us know you arrived ok - we've all missed your cheerful presence at the table these past few days. Hope that Mr. L. continues healthy and feeling strong as the excitement there builds.

Hope our Cyn is remembering to eat and take good care of herself now; I know today is a hard day for her to get through. We'll keep her chair at the table ready for her when she returns.

We've got weather in the 60's here today - the 60's in Wisconsin on the Ides of March, mind you! - and everyone is running around in shorts and shirtsleeves. I trimmed our forsythia bushes to bring some branches inside to force the vivid yellow blooms, a spring tradition I inherited from my mom. Spouse and I did a grand circuit around town, looking for a new tub faucet, checking out garden lights, a stop by Penzey's to stock up on a few things, a trip by the food co-op, then our regular weekly grocery run. We saw so many folks out walking, running, biking, skating and just soaking up the sun; it was grand to see. I think lots of folks have had a bad case of cabin fever in recent months.

I'm getting my weekly chance at the kitchen, but am opting for a low-maintenance meal of plain old spaghetti and garlic bread. Just wasn't feeling creative today, and I've been craving a nice big starchy pile o' noodles for a long time anyway, so that's what it'll be. Spouse is happy, since he does dishes on the nights that I cook (just as I do when he cooks) and spaghetti doesn't make too many dishes, so he's perfectly fine with that choice.

And since I want to put out some rabbit repellent around my crocuses (the darn bunnies think they make a fine salad) before it gets dark tonight, I'll wish you all a delicious meal for now. See you later!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:22 PM

47,948 posts, read 21,925,122 times
MWBW my mom used to force forsythia too.....first put them in a tub with tepid water and then in a vase with water......(do I remember that sometimes after the flowers they leaf out and perhaps put out roots)...

My forsythia were just planted last summer...so too small .... but there are some big run away bushes up the street near an old cellar hole.....maybe I can go get some up there; and I am sure those bushes would benefit from a pruning.

It would sure be nice to have some bright yellow boughs to announce the arrival of spring.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,741,517 times
Tonight I am having Breaded Veal Fingers with a Pasta salad.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:33 PM

47,948 posts, read 21,925,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
Tonight I am having Breaded Veal Fingers with a Pasta salad.
Pasta salad.......what a great idea to welcome spring and summer.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,405,025 times
Penne and meatballs. Oh, and crispy Italian bread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:57 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,917,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Cyn I am without words. I am not myself right now and can't begin to express how I feel about your loss.

Dinner will be cube pork steaks, potato salad and some form of green. I'm really not interested in food but guess I do need to eat at least a small plate...
Nomad, are you ok? You usually seem so excited about food.

Hope you feel "yourself" soon.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,258,521 times
We had leftover ham, potato casserole, baked beans, green beans w/ new potatoes, baked sweet potato, field peas w/ snaps and vidalias, cornbread and whatever else leftover!

Mom is having her hip replacemnt surgery tomorrow - have to be there at 6 am - so we are all resting today, just easy to pop leftovers in the microwave.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,356,097 times
I had my dinner as planned. Pork steak, potato salad and cheesy spinach. Lacey I am so glad you have arrived safely at your destination. Take very good care of hubby and don't let him eat what he knows not too like I might do.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,314,016 times
Kats, sending you good wishes for a successful surgery for Mom and a speedy and uneventful recovery! She won't much enjoy the next week or so, but you can tell her from one who's been there that it'll be worth it.

And because I always say this, remember in the days to come to take the time for self-care as well as for Mom-care. You must be sure to get enough sleep, eat right, and take plenty of time for laugh-therapy, else you will not be able to help her or your dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink