Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 09:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times

Advertisements

I agree MWBW lots of good chatter and food in here tonight. Our corned beef, potatotes and cabbage was hitting all the right spots for us all too. Best part will be corned beef sandwiches tomorrow.

skbs I use to color foods just for fun with my kids too they loved it. I started out on a holiday then just did it whenever. Good memories.

George and Burdell were the funny guys tonight huh?

Nomad I am so glad the Mrs. treats you so well and you are taken care of.

Bella are you feeling better now?

elston sometimes egg sandwiches taste better than a stak meal to me.

We have another swim meet tomorrow night, this week has been busy with them and the band concert tonight. Friday spring break starts for my kidos but we aren't going anywhere. Hope the weather is as nice as it has been the past 2 days.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I agree MWBW lots of good chatter and food in here tonight. Our corned beef, potatotes and cabbage was hitting all the right spots for us all too. Best part will be corned beef sandwiches tomorrow.

skbs I use to color foods just for fun with my kids too they loved it. I started out on a holiday then just did it whenever. Good memories.

George and Burdell were the funny guys tonight huh?

Nomad I am so glad the Mrs. treats you so well and you are taken care of.

Bella are you feeling better now?

elston sometimes egg sandwiches taste better than a stak meal to me.

We have another swim meet tomorrow night, this week has been busy with them and the band concert tonight. Friday spring break starts for my kidos but we aren't going anywhere. Hope the weather is as nice as it has been the past 2 days.
Thanks for asking. I actually ate dinner tonight. I was starving Stomach is getting better (I hope). Now if I could just get rid of this headache

Glad everyone had a great day and you enjoyed your corned beef

Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Tonight ... DIY pizzas. I bought a couple packs of those little personal pizza bases at the Italian deli this morning. And ingredients for various toppings that I know everyone likes. I'll make up some pizza sauce, get the baking stones nice and hot in the oven, put all the toppings out on the counter and ... go for it!

There'll be friends of my kids over as well, to play ping-pong under the patio, so I'll put out: pizza sauce, mozzarella, bocconcini, feta, blue cheese, parmagiano, sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, sliced black olives, red peppers, arugula, spinach, thinly sliced pear, sliced pepperoni, prosciutto, anchovies, olive oil, ... have I forgot anything?

Me, I'll probably put together a pear, blue cheese and arugula pizza with a drizzle of olive oil. I had that at a brewery restaurant here in Perth and loved it! And then maybe a prosciutto, bocconcini and spinach one. With sundried tomatoes.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
It had to be corned beef and cabbage, carrots and potatoes and for the kids green milk!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:55 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Vichel we must have mushrooms on our pizza here your family doesn't like them? Sounds like you have a very good variety spread for them all though.

broken glad you as well got that green milk in there.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:43 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Vichel we must have mushrooms on our pizza here your family doesn't like them? Sounds like you have a very good variety spread for them all though.
Thanks.

I don't mind mushrooms on pizza but since everyone else can't stand them, I don't bother as I'm not that crazy about them anyway.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning all-Bella glad you're feeling better and those potatoes sound good. I've done that and used sliced onion on top.

Chinese take-out was enjoyed by all-table full of grands and their friends.

I have offered to make a big pot of gravy, meatballs, sausage but our schedule is crazy-so maybe for the weekend.

Today-the rehearsal dinner plans.

Cyn-hope you're okay. Elston-yum fried egg sand. SKBS-too funny. Jax-hey!

Oh Burdell-Mr.L had pork roll yesterday and I had a taste of his-heaven!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
The fridge is full, the freezer is full but I still want pizza. Wed is the special for 8 and change a large pizza tonight. Murphy foiled me last week and may again tonight but I'm still going to ask for it.

I'm glad the hot mama of the groom it having her day and the father of the groom is too.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
G'morning, all, and happy Wednesday! Halfway through another week already - the older I get, the faster time goes by.

Vichel, your pizza party sounds like a lot of fun; we do something similar when we've got a crowd over, though at this point in our lives, that doesn't happen as often as it used to. Hope your bunch enjoys the bounty.

Jaxson, I agree that mushrooms are essential on pizzas, but some family members don't share that opinion. All the more for me, so it's all good.

Lacey, your feast of family just keeps sounding so good to me; the food stories are great, but the *best* part is reading your descriptions of the laughter and fun with your kids and grands. After all that you and Mr. L. have gone through in recent weeks, it is a joy to read such happiness in your posts.

Bella, glad the tum has settled, and I hope the headache makes a speedy exit as well.

I'm thinking a lot about our Cyn this week, hoping that she's getting her grief work done and healing from her loss, and that Amber can spend a bit more time with her. I think that's the best tonic she could have.

Noma, I'll try to keep Murphy's brother up here in Wisconsin, and Bella will try to keep her Murphy from heading south, too, so you can get your pizza at last this week.

Dinner here is one that we planned when we were shopping this weekend and discovered that the price of asparagus is down to something we're willing to pay, plus it was just really, really pretty-looking, nice and fresh and tender. One of our very most favorite spring dinners is stir-fried shrimp and asparagus, and that's what's on the menu for tonight. And even though I just finished breakfast, I'm already salivating at the thought of it.

Have a great Wednesday, all, be safe and have fun.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Good Morning everyone

Lacey it sounds like you are having a good time and it sounds like Mr. L is feeling great.
Everyone sounds as though they had a great day yesterday here at the table. I will have to try Vichel's ingredients on pizza..........sounds awesome.

Have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink