Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,281,172 times

Advertisements

Leftover spaghetti.. yay.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,240,150 times
Thegirl - I think you have just given me my idea for dinner tomorrow! Thanks!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,302,668 times
RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
whats for dinner?
Next-to-last paragraph of the same post you quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
After such an eventful day everywhere else, ours sounds positively boring, but at my age, that's not such a terrible thing, after all. Our weekly dinner guests joined us for shepherd's pie and fresh asparagus, and as so often seems to be the case when they're at the table, the meal was punctuated by plenty of laughter and silliness. They think that the doddering old coots still in love are cute, and we think that the beautiful young couple in the first bloom of love together are cute, so it's all sort of symmetrical somehow. And fun, too.
Since the Powers That Be deemed this a chat thread, I assumed, perhaps mistakenly, that chat was not out of place here. Apologies to all for my loquaciousness. Will restrict my attempts at conversation to DM's from now on.

Supper tonight:
Mediocre pizza, salad, assorted baked goods.

Good night, all.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Since the Powers That Be deemed this a chat thread, I assumed, perhaps mistakenly, that chat was not out of place here.
You are entirely correct! I for one love hearing all of the "stuff" that goes along with everyone's dinners, and especially since the mods labeled this thread as such, I don't have to feel guilty for chatting a little, or for enjoying hearing everyone else's chat!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,281,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Thegirl - I think you have just given me my idea for dinner tomorrow! Thanks!
Haha, glad to help! I love the meal of the actual night you cook it, but sometimes leftovers isn't all that appealing, but hey, it's easy to make, just warm it up

Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,903,400 times
Quote:
RE:

Next-to-last paragraph of the same post you quoted:

Since the Powers That Be deemed this a chat thread, I assumed, perhaps mistakenly, that chat was not out of place here. Apologies to all for my loquaciousness. Will restrict my attempts at conversation to DM's from now on.

Supper tonight:
Mediocre pizza, salad, assorted baked goods.

Good night, all.

I don't know, but I know what you ate for dinner that night:

"After such an eventful day everywhere else, ours sounds positively boring, but at my age, that's not such a terrible thing, after all. Our weekly dinner guests joined us for shepherd's pie and fresh asparagus, and as so often seems to be the case when they're at the table, the meal was punctuated by plenty of laughter and silliness. They think that the doddering old coots still in love are cute, and we think that the beautiful young couple in the first bloom of love together are cute, so it's all sort of symmetrical somehow. And fun, too. "

...and I love your narratives. I look forward to them.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Yep, it sometimes is better the next day!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,120,052 times
tankratt, YLisa, deckdoc, vpcats congrats to you as well for quitting.

skbs here this is for {{{{{{Chatterbox}}}}}} my DS use to get terrible ear infections I know they are painful and tiring for the parents too. Sorry she didn't get to eat her chicken nuggets tonight.

Well DD said the unpacking was more painful than anything, she did have tears running down her cheeks while they were doing it. I about cried knowing it takes a lot for her to cry so I knew she was in pain. She is doing great tonight grandpa ordered pizza when we stopped by there and sent 2 quarts of fresh strawberries home with her. Then I took her to get her Frosty.

Been a long day will talk to everybody tomorrow.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 PM

Jax - Glad daughter is doing better tonight! Sending her hugs!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,118,076 times
Cute little baby Kimba! I love when people post pics w/ their "news".

Tonight's dinner was leftovers, usually Tue is a busy/late night, so my policy is I don't make dinner on Tue!

I found a little steak in the freezer... I'm wondering if I can use it to make soup. It is sounding good, but I never made a beef soup...any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink