Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 02:12 PM

601 posts, read 1,903,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
good for you! I think I would have to be on heavy tranquilizers!
I've been taking this stuff called Chantix......great stuff. It works!!!! No, seriously I told myself this is it. No more smoking. My husband is doing the same. So then I come to this thread and read about all the great food and just want to eat and eat.... but that's ok..I'm about 5lbs underweight and this may be the ticket to get to where I should be.( I've been skinny all my life)

Old 03-20-2008, 03:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
HI All!!! I finally kicked my kids off the computer. Tonight Hubby has to work so we are having pork chops....yum! Elston I may try your recipe tonight. I have had a really rough week this week. Starts off hubby decided we are quitting smoking again as of Sun. Well we are both smoke free since then. Argh, but we are making it.

Then Monday (remember I am quitting smoking and I am not in my right mind) a Kirby salesman shows up at my door and offers a free carpet cleaning. Ok stupid me lets this guy in the door and I end buying the stupid thing. Well Fast forward two days and I decide not to go through with and go to cancel. Well the owner shows up and picks up the machine. We mailed the stupid cancellation notice to what I assumed was a good address come to find out he apparantly moved his office to another part of town. So now I am waiting for this guy to show up to pick up this notice. I haven't slept in like three days over this. I have talked to the finance company and they show my account is cancelled, thank goodness. But I am feeling majorly stupid right now. So long story short along with my pork chops I am having a big ol drink to go with it.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
Bless your heart, moving! But good for you on the smoking - you're doing GREAT! Just keep thinking, "This too shall pass," and try not to chunk the vaccuum into the front yard. Yet.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
Bless your heart, moving! But good for you on the smoking - you're doing GREAT! Just keep thinking, "This too shall pass," and try not to chunk the vaccuum into the front yard. Yet.
Oh they got the vacuum back. The whole thing is just silly on my part. I woke up in a cold sweat on Monday night worrying that they stole my identity or something. So I have been fretting over this for three days now. I just want something in writing saying that its cancelled and I don't owe anyone any money. My husband thinks I am nuts, but I have never bought anything that expensive without him involved in the purchase you know. I think that is the bottom line for me.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:07 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
I completely understand! Just remember, it'll all be over soon...and you'll be tipsy, so it's all good. LOL!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM

There is that. LOL I have to take oldest son to karate at 6 then pick him up at 645 so you better believe that 705 when I get home its on.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I put some brisket covered in bbq sauce in the crock pot this morning.

We'll have it on whole wheat hamburger buns with some sweet onion slices, and baked beans and pickles on the side. Hmm...I need something green too... I don't think pickles count!
Mmm, I love a good brisket, but I really don't know exactly what cut of meat I should buy. What do you use?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Turns out I have a new tenant coming by at 5 to sign the lease.... so
cooking would awkward when they arrive at the house. Maybe pizza tonight and the lovely scallops tomorrowyummmm

P.S. I haven't smoked a cig since 4pm tuesday and I haven't killed anyone yet!!!
Good job! I wish I had the willpower too.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:42 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Me too---still trying to cut back smoking but not fast enough!! I would just like it to be over and done. Odd, I quit during both my pregnancies and all during nursing--about 5 years total and stupid me--started smoking again! What's that about??!! I have cut down a lot but just want to quit and be done with it. It makes it harder when hubbie smokes and has no intentions of quitting anytime soon!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Well, I didn't make the rub! It is a brand called Stubb's out of Austin, Texas. The ingredients say: spices, salt, mustard seed, onions, garlic, sugar.

I think the spices are rosemary, cayenne pepper, and ginger. (just did a sniff and taste test on the palm of my hand )

It also makes a great rub for smoking ribs!!

I Love Stubbs Club : Home
Thanks for the info, sounds good!

We had stuffed clams and salad tonight. Hubby made them, did a pretty good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink