Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times

Advertisements

You guys are gonna kill me!

This stuff sounds soooooo good. Did I have to find this thread when I also found out about my high cholesterol????

Old 04-08-2008, 01:33 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
vpcats, the scallop dish is not high in calories at all. My husband is on Lipator, and I make spaghetti and clam sauce, puntanesca sauce with meat, garlic and olive oil with a nice salad with extra virgin o o and fresh lemon for the dressing. Last night I made baked flounder with garlic, w. wine, lemon juice and herbs, rice pilaf, salad. Find recipes that you like and play with them to your taste. Everyone on this sight are great and there is always someone that will answer your questions.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Tonight I'm not making anything unless I feel better. Went to the doctor yesterday because I started feeling bad again. I have bacterial pneumonia. Unless the antibiotics are making me feel better by tonight hubby is on his own for dinner.
That is nothing to fool around with---stay in bed and let your hubbie take care of you. Just rest and get well.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:56 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Burdell

When you say "deglaze"... what is that?

When you sear just about anything you'll get brown bits sticking to the pan, pour in just about any liquid, scrape with a wooden spoon and they'll come free from the pan, lotsa flavor there.

Quote:
And when you say butter/oil, how much of each?
It's all personal taste, oil is usually used with butter to keep the butter from burning, if you're watching cholesterol you can go with straight oil, there is no cholesterol in any plant products.

Quote:
I tried making spaghetti with just olive oil and garlic the other day. How much olive oil do you need?
Again, more personal taste than anything else, some like the taste and 'mouth feel' of oil more than others. This is a perfect example of where the pasta cooking water can come in handy if you want to cut back on the amount of oil you're using.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 PM

Tonight is breaded fish, tarter sauce, with french fries and brussel sprouts. And I'm going to make the peach cobbler using the pecan cake mix!! I went and bought the only cake mix that was even close...butter pecan. I think that should be fine. I even bought some vanilla ice cream, which we rarely have around. I am so excited to try this---I love peach cobbler and love pecans! Will let y'all know how it turnes out!!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:06 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Thanks Burdell. Live and Learn! :-)

Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
Tonight we are having a dish of sausage, both hot and sweet, cut up green peppers, oven fried potatoes, garlic bread and, of course, sweet tea. Didn't think about ice cream till I saw your post, cyn, so back out to get some Edy's French Vanilla Bean.

......and good afternoon ladies all!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Thanks Burdell. Live and Learn! :-)

To paraphrase one of my favorite philosophers, the great Yogi Berra, I honestly believe that cooking is 90% mental and the other half is physical

Decide what you'd like and have at it.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:45 PM

601 posts, read 1,904,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Tonight is breaded fish, tarter sauce, with french fries and brussel sprouts. And I'm going to make the peach cobbler using the pecan cake mix!! I went and bought the only cake mix that was even close...butter pecan. I think that should be fine. I even bought some vanilla ice cream, which we rarely have around. I am so excited to try this---I love peach cobbler and love pecans! Will let y'all know how it turnes out!!
I made the cake on Sat. morning and my husband said it was a keeper!
thnx for the recipe------so easy to make.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Sadly---darn--i have decided to make this cobbler tomorrow night. Hubbie reminded me that I will be using the oven for the fish and fries and that tonight is that all mighty AMERICAN IDOL!!! Can't miss it of course. So it's postponed for one more night!! DARN!!! Oh well....tomorrow night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink