Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 04:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Kshe-glad to see you back-was going to put out an alert for you!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
I am playing hookey today and I am planning to dedicate a good part of the day to searching and "researching" some more recipes here so I can make a list and get all the ingredients I will need. No excuses. :-)

Do you all plan your menus and have all these wonderful meals pre-planned or do you just come up with these things depending on what you already had at home?

OH... I might take a ride to BBB for those green bags that I didn't get yet. All depends if I want out of the house today. :-)

Catch you all later. It's really time to go back to sleep now. :-)

Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Tonight is Soy-baked chicken thighs, mashed potatoes and broccoli. Today is my day to make up lists---animals feeding list, last minute shopping list for items needed here, and packing list! Well, the packing list is done I just have to go over it! I am taking my parrot to my friends house for her to watch while we are gone. Need to pick up dry cleaning and just a light clean up and we are ready. Will have to get up at 4:30am tomorrow because our flight leaves at 8:00am and it takes us a good hour to get there depending on traffic. I have no idea how long it takes to get checked in at the airport here so I don't want to take any chances. I was up at 4:00am today just from excitement. The flight is a 7 hour flight stopping in TX on the way--ugh! Once we get to Los Angeles we are driving to Big Bear to my sisters which is a 3 hour drive! I'm thinking we are going to be very tired! The next day we drive another 3 hours to my daughters house for the night and then to the motel close to where the wedding will be which is another 1 1/2 hour drive! Ahhh, the wonders of driving in CA again! To little time for so much to do! But at least I will get to see everyone!! Today I will be in and out but will check in to see all the wonderful dinner ideas and recipes---don't want to miss any more then necessary. I may even check in from my daughters computer in CA to say "hI".

Old 04-16-2008, 05:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning Cyn and VP-Cyn the adrenaline will kick in once you land in CA. No time to be tired!!!

Charlotte airport is beautiful and user friendly. Easiest way is print out your boarding passes, check in at curb and head right to security check. I've done it that way many times and it's so much less stressful.

VP-there are times I plan ahead and sometimes I go by the "seat of my pants." Today could be one of those days.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Tonight is Soy-baked chicken thighs, mashed potatoes and broccoli. Today is my day to make up lists---animals feeding list, last minute shopping list for items needed here, and packing list! Well, the packing list is done I just have to go over it! I am taking my parrot to my friends house for her to watch while we are gone. Need to pick up dry cleaning and just a light clean up and we are ready. Will have to get up at 4:30am tomorrow because our flight leaves at 8:00am and it takes us a good hour to get there depending on traffic. I have no idea how long it takes to get checked in at the airport here so I don't want to take any chances. I was up at 4:00am today just from excitement. The flight is a 7 hour flight stopping in TX on the way--ugh! Once we get to Los Angeles we are driving to Big Bear to my sisters which is a 3 hour drive! I'm thinking we are going to be very tired! The next day we drive another 3 hours to my daughters house for the night and then to the motel close to where the wedding will be which is another 1 1/2 hour drive! Ahhh, the wonders of driving in CA again! To little time for so much to do! But at least I will get to see everyone!! Today I will be in and out but will check in to see all the wonderful dinner ideas and recipes---don't want to miss any more then necessary. I may even check in from my daughters computer in CA to say "hI".
You sure are a busy gal cyn. I suggest you get to the airport as early as you can as you can always sleep on the plane. We'll all try to keep this thread alive and well for you while you are gone so don't fret over that.

Today I take the "kids" on a field trip to Wrightsville Beach where they will look over the oceanfront fishing pier built in the last few years. It is a chance to see how steel and concrete can blend together to make such a beautiful and useful structure.

Tonight, dinner will be cooked by the chef at Elijah's on the waterfront here in Wilmington. This is the Wilmington, NC website. Click on restaurants...then special...and you will see their menu.....
Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina

Old 04-16-2008, 06:07 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
morning, y'all! So good to see everyone, Lacey, I wish someone had come and gotten me, but the floor looks beautiful.
VP, I plan out what I am going to make, but that doesnt mean I dont get distracted.
Will be reading what everyone is making, so I can decide, it will be like cooking in a brand-new kitchen!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
It sure makes cooking more fun cooking in a new kitchen. I was so lucky because we just put our kitchen in this last year and that's about the itme this thread took off. So not only did I have a new kitchen to cook in but all the great ideas from here to go with it! Best of both worlds.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 AM

61 posts, read 129,555 times
haggis and neeps for me

Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
DH just asked for pork roast, so thats what I am gonna do....... I make a "pesto" of fresh rosemary, olive oil, garlic, s&p, and spread it over the top and bake. Gonna do roasted new potatoes, and sauteed french green beans, I'm hungry already!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,164 times
made french dip with fries last night. Tonight will do Greek Stewed Chicken
with orozo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink