Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Not cooking anything, woke up this morning feeling like crap, so when I get home from work I'm going straight to bed.
Aw...hope you feel better soon. Even if you don't eat, drink lots of water

Old 05-06-2008, 04:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Molochai-feel better hopefully today is better. You've had a tough couple of months.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Molochai I hope you feel better today. Being sick is the pitts! Last night I made tacos and refried beans. Simple, easy, filling and good! I've definitely had better days then yesterday...didn't get anything done around the house for the company coming but did purchase the bedroom furniture we needed for the guest room. Driving around most of the day with grumpy hubbie was no fun. Yes, some kind of nicotine help would be great but he's very stubborn and says he will do it without the help! Good for him but not so good for me! Still need to go and buy the bedding today but am determined to get more done here at home too. Son called last night and they are in Flagstaff AZ. now. It looks like rain for when they arrive here on Friday (maybe Thursday). Good thing they enjoy rain but I hate them having to drive in the rain. Tonight will be pork chops for dinner with braised potatoes and peas. At least that's what I think I'm having!!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,946 times
Good morning everyone. Molochai hope you are feeeling better soon. Not sure what will be on the menu today. My daughter and I are going to my mothers this morning for a few days, she's having a catarac removed today. She doesn't know my daughter is here, been keeping it a secret so she will be really surprised!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Denis-wish your Mom well-amazing how easy that surgey is these days and what a wonderful surprise for her.

Maybe leftover pork-hot pork sandwiches, fries.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:40 AM

601 posts, read 1,903,973 times
Gee Molochai, hope things are better today... do something good for yourself.
Denise....your Mom will be very happy to see both "her girls".
Cyn- please tell your hubby that the Chantix is not a nicotine supplement- it actually blocks the nicotine receptors in the brain and even if you did smoke ...no nicotine reaches the brain....so you are wiening yourself (in a way). But for my hubby , myself and many others there was NO DESIRE to smoke. Pretty awesome really.
Bet your excited to see your son and family!!!!

tonight I'm doing goulash over rice. (I cheat and use KNORR goulash mix )--but it is so good! Just like my Oma (Grandmother ) used to make for me as a child in Germany.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:20 AM

48,124 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Curry beef tonight with Rice!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Molochai I hope you feel better today. Being sick is the pitts! Last night I made tacos and refried beans. Simple, easy, filling and good! I've definitely had better days then yesterday...didn't get anything done around the house for the company coming but did purchase the bedroom furniture we needed for the guest room. Driving around most of the day with grumpy hubbie was no fun. Yes, some kind of nicotine help would be great but he's very stubborn and says he will do it without the help! Good for him but not so good for me! Still need to go and buy the bedding today but am determined to get more done here at home too. Son called last night and they are in Flagstaff AZ. now. It looks like rain for when they arrive here on Friday (maybe Thursday). Good thing they enjoy rain but I hate them having to drive in the rain. Tonight will be pork chops for dinner with braised potatoes and peas. At least that's what I think I'm having!!
Hey, we had tacos too! With all the fixins' -- red onion, tomatoes, jalepenos, pepper jack cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. And margaritas (of course )

Tonight we'll use the leftovers to make a 7 layer dip for an appetizer, and then we are going to grill some chicken breasts and have some rice or veggies with it.....

Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
Morning all....last night we had the black bean soup, so tonight it will be pasta. I was feeling like making a cream sauce but then after reading the spaghetti sauce thread I was thinking marinara. You think I could combine the two to make like a parma rosa sauce? Never made one from scratch before.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:52 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Morning all....last night we had the black bean soup, so tonight it will be pasta. I was feeling like making a cream sauce but then after reading the spaghetti sauce thread I was thinking marinara. You think I could combine the two to make like a parma rosa sauce? Never made one from scratch before.
that would be great I bet! Sometimes when I make baked ravioli I do a mix of marinara, mushroom alfredo, pesto, and lots of mozzarella .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink