Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 AM

8,583 posts, read 15,966,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Bake? how long? what temp? cover? not covered?

potatoes? with? without?
I usually spray a little pam on foil which is on a cookie sheet(no clean up)
Bake at 350 about 10 minutes til fish flakes easy with a fork

I personally like rice with my fish but whatever you like.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,532,526 times
Quote:
Bake? how long? what temp? cover? not covered?

potatoes? with? without?
It will probably only take about 20 min at 350 degrees, or you can broil for about 10 minutes or so. You don't need to cover. I usually have a salad and some type of startch to go with it.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 AM

601 posts, read 1,900,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Ouch hope your hubby will be okay. I know how you feel, when I moved I left my family and had mixed feelings. Once I got settled things just fell into place and everything turned out good. Hopefully your fathers house will sell soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Thnx Denise...hubby is ok. He has a gash in his eye, but it should heal.
Talapia recipe........................

dredge fish with seasoned flour.

brown in pan and remove to a plate

in pan sautee garlic and green onions
add 1/2 cup dry white wine and 2 tblspoons lemon juice

return fish to pan and finish cooking---about 10 min.
serve fish with liquid over top. wild rice on the side. very tasty

Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,793,137 times
Daytripper glad DH's eye is not serious.

Things will work out and your Dad will be following soon. Denise and I are good at crossing our eyes, fingers,toes,etc. Good thoughts your way.

Hubby wants pepper and egg subs so there goes the fritatta.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:03 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,126,457 times
You're all the best!

Daytripper your recipe sounds really good but too much work on a Tuesday night. That's a weekend project one. (anything that remotely resembles frying and splatter and cleaning is TOO much)

Cookie sheet, foil and no clean is DA BOMB! LOLLL going with that tonight. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:05 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,126,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Things will work out and your Dad will be following soon. Denise and I are good at crossing our eyes, fingers,toes,etc. Good thoughts your way.

Well, I think the eye probably was serious and still is. The GASH....maybe not too bad if it didn't perforate.

Did they bandage it or something so that he keeps it closed? A gash is really kinda painful but he needs to keep the eye closed so it heals faster.

ummmm.... I think the 2nd sentence is meant for Daytripper.

I'm rushing around today and can't be on here much so it's got me a little "lost".

Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 PM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Sounds like time for a frittata sub

Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM

601 posts, read 1,900,838 times
Quote:
Well, I think the eye probably was serious and still is. The GASH....maybe not too bad if it didn't perforate.

Did they bandage it or something so that he keeps it closed? A gash is really kinda painful but he needs to keep the eye closed so it heals faster.

ummmm.... I think the 2nd sentence is meant for Daytripper.

I'm rushing around today and can't be on here much so it's got me a little "lost".
Yes his eye is bandaged closed for the moment. (We'll see how long he puts up with that) I did the same as soon as we got home last night and it hurt him so bad that he left it on all night (especially after a few cocktails for the pain) Now that he feels a little better I doubt it will stay on long.But I am much releaved that it's ok. Thnx for all your good thoughts!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,415,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
What time is dinner?
Quote:
Denise-think MB could throw 2 more on the grill for us???
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx
Denise-think MB could throw 2 more on the grill for us???

I don't see a problem, do you?

You guys are way to funny....LOL.
If 2 or 4 more people would come over right now for dinner.....I would be covered.
I ALWAYS....ALWAYS figure higher with my amounts, just for cases like this: Company or left-overs, or worse case scenario: Freezing.
That concept saved my butt a bunch of times throughout the years.

BTW: Dinner will be served at approx. 6:30 pm (or closer to 7, depending when my husband will be home, and done working out )......so, you better get "pedalling"....ROTFL!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:53 PM

47,914 posts, read 21,907,967 times
Tonight: I dusted two split skinless chicken breast in seasoned flour; sauted in EVO with garlic; then add onion grn pepper, celery, mushrooms--continue saute on low. Next will add a can of diced tomatoes and cover and simmer on LOW! Serve with RICE!

It is smelling great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink