Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 01:11 PM

5,503 posts, read 6,225,401 times

Advertisements

Last night I tried a recipe that I saw on Food Network, it was sauted asparagus over spaghetti mixed with a basil, oil aloi, shaved Romano cheese topped with fried eggs. It really was good.
It is almost 100 degrees today, so it is going to be very easy, Hebrew National hot dogs, potato salad, grilled garlic zucchini.
We are considered the country and are on a different water company then the "city" (1 mi. away). Yesterday, city officials closed down every restaurant, day care etc. because the water was found to have fecal matter in it. Every supermarket, inc. Sam's ran out of water. They are still testing the water, and the restaurants are still all closed. What a mess.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:49 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,944,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Last night I tried a recipe that I saw on Food Network, it was sauted asparagus over spaghetti mixed with a basil, oil aloi, shaved Romano cheese topped with fried eggs. It really was good.
It is almost 100 degrees today, so it is going to be very easy, Hebrew National hot dogs, potato salad, grilled garlic zucchini.
We are considered the country and are on a different water company then the "city" (1 mi. away). Yesterday, city officials closed down every restaurant, day care etc. because the water was found to have fecal matter in it. Every supermarket, inc. Sam's ran out of water. They are still testing the water, and the restaurants are still all closed. What a mess.

100 degrees and a problem with the water ....yikes

I'd be going out of my mind! Hope that gets resolved soon.......but then...do you drink the water? Ewwwwwww

Old 06-26-2008, 02:02 PM

68,282 posts, read 54,070,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
100 degrees and a problem with the water ....yikes

I'd be going out of my mind! Hope that gets resolved soon.......but then...do you drink the water? Ewwwwwww

Let's hope the beer supply's in good shape!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Local farmer's market had some fine looking tomatoes, I'm gonna make a chenky gazpacho but I know it won't be good 'til tomorrow. Some of those tomatoes are probably gonna wind up on tonight's sandwich

Old 06-26-2008, 03:49 PM

Hey Nic, good to see you again. Good luck job hunting.
We are not affected by the water, we are with another water company, we are considered "the country". I sent my husband to work today with hand sanitizer, he works 2.8 mi. away and they are with the other water company. Thank you for you genuine concern. No, we do not drink the water anyway, even our dog has been on bottled water for the last 3 years. I really feel bad for the people that are affected, no bathing, washing hands etc. It is a mess right now. The city looks like a ghost town, all restaurants closed, college town whose kids make their living serving and working for tips. It is amazing when things like this happen how people pull together all of the grocery stores are giving out free bottled water to customers.
burdell lol, my husband went to sam's club today and said that they are almost out of beer. How funny is that. We have our water and beer supply.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,944,243 times
Thanks Kelsie! I'll find one soon ( I hope )

Thank goodness you don't use that water company. I feel for those people. ICK....they must be cranky!

We have a beermeiser here....and Its full....so if ya need some pop on over LOL

Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM

Thank you Nic. The news is on now, Board of Health closed down 319 restaurants. Over 500 servers etc. temp. out of work. Down here all of the restaurants are packed every night. I'll give you an update for the weekend.
Now the are saying some places are price gouging. Hess is charging $19.00 for a case of 24 for water. All the supermarkets are giving water away for free, giving out 18,000 gallons of water since yesterday.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,403,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Local farmer's market had some fine looking tomatoes, I'm gonna make a chenky gazpacho but I know it won't be good 'til tomorrow. Some of those tomatoes are probably gonna wind up on tonight's sandwich
Is gazpacho one of those things that gets better with age, like spaghetti sauce? I want to like gazpacho, but I'm just not a cold soup person.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Is gazpacho one of those things that gets better with age, like spaghetti sauce? I want to like gazpacho, but I'm just not a cold soup person.

You bet! I think it's always better the next day when all the flavors have had a chance to blend and it's well chilled. Cold soup seems to be one of those love it or hate it kinda things, not much in between. I find it very refreshing on a hot day. I usually make it chunkier than a more traditional blended version.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:22 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,219,625 times
Tonight was baked chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, and yellow neck squash with garlic, onion and diced tomatoes. All turned out good. I am full and only have to clean up the kitchen so I can relax in front of the tv and fall asleep! YES!!! Another day another meal.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink