Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

The chicken lickin' turned out really good! I am stuffed and satisfied! Hope y'all have a great dinner and a wonderful evening! Nighty nite!!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:45 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Okay even going out was boring but what all you had. I'm so jealous!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:48 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
OK, zinfandel it is. Nomadicus, we're ready for the pie now.

Elston....that sounds like a perfect evening. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Our steak was perfect, too. I just haven't been able to find that pie! LOL

Have a good evening, all. Enjoy and we'll talk tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Highlandsgirl, congratulations to you. I had complete faith that you would ace that job just like everyone else here. You go girl.

Dinner tonight with my company turned out wonderfully. Thank you Elsotn, the 4 lbs of Maine mussels arrived shortly afternoon in the pouring rain just after noon by FedEx (you saved the day). Burdell, thank you for the fantastic Jersey Panelle bread to go with the mussels. We started off with roasted cream of tomato soup with fresh basil. (tomatoes and basil from the garden). Mussels with spicy marinara/garlic/wine sauce and crispy Italian bread. Romaine Caesar salad. The main course was imported capellini (angel hair) scampi with jumbo shrimp, lots of imported wine and beer. As usual, Lacey missed the plane AGAIN.

Everyones dinner sounded great. Well, it is time to close for the evening. I hope everyone has a wonderful night, talk to you tomorrow. Again, thank you for making this dinner really great. Good night everyone. kelsie

Elston, I was shopping with my friend this morning (except for food shopping I detest shopping) came home at 2:00 EST and put my soup in the 3 qt. crockpot, ( I made the soup yesterday), after I made the mussels they went into the 6 qt. crockpot to keep warm. Company came I had the soup set up on one of my countertops with bowls, spoons and napkins to serve themselves, the ceramic insert from the crockpot with the mussels went on the table for my guests to serve themselves. Burdells Italian bread came out of the oven. After cocktails dinner started at 5:30. Reynolds crockpot liner in the large crockpot no cleanup. I will be shopping for my 4th crockpot after vacation next month.

Last edited by kelsie; 08-13-2008 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: reason for crockpot

Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
kelsie, glad you enjoyed the mussels, I gathered them myself off the rock bound coast of maine.....it was hard work and it hurt my fingers.....but what the hey.....for a friend....its the least I could do. (those barnacles can rip a pair of tennies to shreds in a few hours )

Those Fed Ex guys and gals....do a tremendous job and a service to the nation.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:42 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Elston, I will send you the Tyvec gloves to make your mussel job easier, you will need them anyway for the clams for your reunion. The nice part about those gloves is not only can you wash them in hot water but you can use bleach too.
I still haven't gotten my reunion invitation, and my schedule is filling up quickly so I really have to know when it is. kelsie

Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
I'm even later than usual getting home tonight, so supper looks like leftover spaghetti (which is FINE with me, I should add!) and the zukes from the last CSA box. If I were a gambling person, I'd wager that what I'm smelling is a couple of little Cipollini onions, some garlic and some fresh basil sauteing along with the zukes in a bit of olive oil, since that's how the spouse likes to cook them. Seriously yummy stuff....

Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That is soooo cool and interesting! So I instantly googled CSA's in NC. They have them here but as usual it's a long distance from us....sigh....seems everything is 50 plus miles from where we live! Guess that's one of the downfalls of living so rural! At least we all have plenty of land here and even if we don't grow a particular veggie or fruit one of the homes around us does and often have their own roadside stands so I guess that will just have to work for us.
Cyn, you might still check with some of those farms. The CSA farm that we buy a share in is about 100 miles west of Madison, and they deliver to pick-up sites from Minnesota to the east side of Madison. Most farmers realize that their best customers are likely to live a long way from the rural parts of the state, and they accommodate people by having multiple pick-up sites in more populated areas.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
You will have to explain......my understanding was/is that a po boy is a sandwich in a torpedo shaped roll or a round bread, with either seafood such as fried oysters or perhaps shrimp or maybe meat like sausage....and shredded lettuce? not sure about the lettuce. What is a po boy taco?
I guess the name is misleading but here goes. You take a sandwich roll cut in half and put sliced deli turkey with grated cheese on top and broil. Then you take a mixture of refried beans with taco seasoning mixed in and put that on top. You top with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion. Then you smash an avocado, mix with green chilis and sour cream and use that as your condiment. It is pretty good and easy to make. I always make taco soup to go with it.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Smile Reporting back on the Chicken Run-Amuk!

Okay, I can handily recommend the ginger, lemon, garlic roasted chicken that we enjoyed tonight. I think there were only bones left over. (Yeow, I should have counted the bones!)

I swear, elston, that squeezable Charmin was not incorporated in any way, shape or form into this recipe. Although, it could be a handy napkin substitute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink