Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times

Advertisements

Good morning. Not sure-too early to think or function!

Elston yeah - so happy DP cooked!

Off to realtor this morning to reject offer that came in.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Yes elston...your DP was probably really proud. as he should have been Good job--and nice for you too!
Ahhh lacey, I am so sorry about that offer. Maybe the buyers will get serious now! Fingers crossed.
Dinner???? With Faye (tropical storm) heading our way towards the middle or end of the week I'd love to get in some BBQ on the grill but don't know if hubby wants to yet. If not we'll go with the fish I was considering last night. I'll make braised red potatoes, broccoli and some more of that great salad. I threw everything but the kitchen sink in the salad last night and it was so good! It's a meal in itself but of course my hubby wants several courses--ugh!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:17 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Okay, what is "chicken french?" I haven't heard of this!
You are missing out!

Here is a recipe I found...

6 each chicken breasts boneless
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup flour, all-purpose
6 large eggs whipped
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups sherry or white wine
4 tablespoons butter
2 each lemons
1 chicken base or 1 chicken bullion
1/2 cup water optional
Directions

Cut the chicken into tenders (about a 1/2 wide strip) and pound them out.They cook quicker this way.A meat mallet or side of a cleaver will do this job.

Pour the oil into a fry pan and add 1-2 tablespoon of butter into a large frying pan and melt together.Med to Med High heat.The egg should bubble on contact.Dip the meat into the flour covering both sides.

Using a fork dredge the meat through the egg wash covering both sides.Place chicken into the frying pan and fry till golden brown on both sides.When brown remove from pan onto plate. (try not to get your hands wet as the flour becomes messy).

Sauce: Into a pan add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of sherry (or white wine)Add the remaining butter and the juice of two lemon strained.I use two lemons cutting 2 to 3 thin slices from the center to use as garnish and the rest gets juiced through a strainer.Add chicken to this (1 tablespoon chicken stock base and 1/2 cup of water) to make it richer.Arrange chicken into baking dish and pour over the sauce.Place lemon on to top of the chicken (as a garnish) and cover with foil.Place into oven at 225 to 250 degrees F for 15-30 minutes (this is to keep it warm). </SPAN>

Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Talking lol lol lol

is that all you guys do is talk about food in here...lol...
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif (broken link)

Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Food and more food that's what we jabber about constantly. You'd think we like to eat. I'm guilty as charged. Any hoot for tonight we are fixing up some smoke turkey casserole. Not sure about the sides but most likely some pickled beets and sliced tomatoes. No dessert until Thursday.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Off to realtor this morning to reject offer that came in.
That is never a fun game......Hopefully you will get a better one soon... good luck.

Dinner tonight will most likely be salmon for the hubby and myself... I am thinking about doing the honey blasamic glaze again or a rub that I got from this home party a few weeks ago... And french cut green beans, summer squash, and the last of the corn on the cob with a tad of cajun butter... mmmmmm.

I think I am going to grill some chicken up for the kids... REAL CHICKEN... pink chicken doesn't "fly" with them...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Talking pink chickens for girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
That is never a fun game......Hopefully you will get a better one soon... good luck.

Dinner tonight will most likely be salmon for the hubby and myself... I am thinking about doing the honey blasamic glaze again or a rub that I got from this home party a few weeks ago... And french cut green beans, summer squash, and the last of the corn on the cob with a tad of cajun butter... mmmmmm.

I think I am going to grill some chicken up for the kids... REAL CHICKEN... pink chicken doesn't "fly" with them...

pink chicken, what ya tryin to do killem......

Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
pink chicken, what ya tryin to do killem......
It was an experiment I did a few weeks ago... I wrote about on here... I tried to pawn Salmon off as PINK CHICKEN... (they DO eat "TILAPIA CHICKEN")... The Pink Chicken Experiment Flopped...turns out they just hate Salmon.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
probably left overs, or maybe saute some shrimp in olive oil and lemon pepper and serve over pasta. Depends on what hubby wants to cook.
Well we had left overs last night so maybe shrimp and scallops over pasta tonight.

Quote:
...Off to realtor this morning to reject offer that came in.
That's no fun. Hopefully the next offer will be acceptable.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
Being we're just 2 and retired I really don't have a need for a crockpot. But can see it's value when you have a busy family and/or work outside the home.

When we first looked at homes out here tho-one we viewed had something so delicious smelling cooking in the crock-almost invited myself for dinner.
Take it from another retired couple. That crock pot comes in handy. You can cook up a small pot roast for dinner, and you've got something for sandwiches for a lunch or to. Fix some good home made vegetable soup, eat some and freeze the rest. Get some containers or freezer bags and freeze enough in each one for the two of you. Although I prefer cooking mine in the microwave, I read in the manual for mine that you can fix corn on the cob in the crock pot. Just like in the microwave, leave the shucks on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink