Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 04:23 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well if it is any help I'm down to a hand full of kettle chips. That all that's left of three bags over the last few days. Do have a bag of unsalted pretzels and a bag and a half of white choco chips.
Choco chips of any kind are too dangerous to keep in my house...LOL... but I am actually eyeing the bottle of white vinegar right now... wondering what it might be like to dip the pretzel in... I am guessing really wrong... LOL... had to head over to the cravings thread... I am blaming it all on YOU...LOL

Old 08-26-2008, 04:29 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well if it is any help I'm down to a hand full of kettle chips. That all that's left of three bags over the last few days. Do have a bag of unsalted pretzels and a bag and a half of white choco chips.

Then I would dress those unsalted pretzels up and melt that W chock a bit and dip those babies in it...just pretend they are yogurt dipped......LOL Have one for me!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:31 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
I had a large package of 6 chicken cutlets. I should have divided them into 3 smaller packages and frozen, but never got around to it.

For tonight's dinner, I decided to cut the chicken cutlets into strips and sautee them in a little EVOO and garlic. When the chicken was done I removed it and to the pan added broccoli florets, diced red pepper, Swiss chard, and more garlic. I will toss that all together with bowtie pasta and top with pine nuts as soon as DH is ready for dinner. Done!

Simultaneously, while making the above, I just pan fried the other 4 cutlets. No breading, nothing fancy - just plain chicken cutlets. I'll freeze 2 of them already cooked and do something completely different with the remaining 2 of them tomorrow. I won't get to the store until at least Thursday, so something profound has to strike me with on hand ingredients. Since they're cooked already, it will probably be something quick, easy and nukable - my favorite combination.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:00 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,805 times
Talking lazy night for sure

TONIGHT we had subway cause we we'er too tired to cook. beat and sore from the walking and the late night at the brooks & dunn and zz top concert at the state fair....lol...

Old 08-26-2008, 06:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Shrimp n brocolli -easy-a cell phone call away!!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:09 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Oh I didn't tell you what was for dessert. Homemade almond flavored ice cream. Hubby got me an electric ice cream maker for my birthday. Very dangerous appliance this is. It is now the most used appliance in the house. LOL If I keep making ice cream I am going to gain 500 pounds.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:15 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
I like to make those phone calls once in awhile, too, Lacey. And, JFR, Subway is always a life-saver when the doggone chicken just won't thaw. I think it is poultry revenge some nights!!

CheyDee, I can almost taste your dinner with the chicken cutlets. Sounds great. I really like the idea of cooking up the entire package a few different ways and having a couple of meals in reserve. That is right up my galley!!

I love this thread. I'm already hatching - no, not that kind of hatching - tomorrow night's dinner just from reading through today's posts. Thanks, y'all!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:41 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
[quote=gemkeeper;5006017]The chicken is roasting as we speak, errrr, type. Rubbed it with mayo, used some dry thyme inside and out, fresh garlic cloves inside and under the loose skin on the outside, some fresh rosemary, carrots, onions and celery for the body cavity. It smells divine!!

I'm going to make a pan gravy from the drippings, flour and milk. Potato, bread, celery, and onion dressing that I don't cook in the bird any longer for safety's sake.

Fresh cranberry and orange salad with just a bit of scallion chopped on top as garnish and buttery corn on the side.

[quote]

Oooh, sounds so good! I think I just repped you so I can't again. This is the kind of cooking I wish I had the verve for nowadays! I know as soon as it's cold, I'll be back. Hopefully I'll be wowing you all the way this post "wowed" me.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!!!

I've just read I think about 8 pages of chicken recipes and I have no idea which one sounds better than the next. They are ALL scrumptilicious!!!

I'm going to be cooking chicken for the next 5 years!

For dinner I had another 1/4 avocado with a bunch of whole wheat organic crackers no less and some hummus and a cup of green tea and a apple. I'M STARVING!

BF made chicken soup for himself.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
I'm really drooling on the keyboard reading everyone's fabulous-sounding chicken ideas; tried to rep a bunch of y'all, but the forum keeps telling me I have to be nice to other people first. You know, if the posters in some of these other threads were as nice to be around as y'all are, that would be a whole heckuva lot easier to do.

Came in the side door this evening to find the spouse cutting up a variety of vegetables while simultaneously roasting one of the poblano peppers we got in the CSA box this weekend, so I'm thinking that a spicy stirfry of some kind is in the offing. He's always apologetic about the extra dishes from stirfry, but I consider it a more than fair trade-off, considering how wonderful the results taste.

Gotta tackle the rest of the clutter in the living room tonight after supper, and make up the bed in the spare bedroom. I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had planned, so I'll be making up for it all week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink