Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 05:16 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,315,976 times

Advertisements

No Cubans. Daughter showed up with 4 large pizzas and one was ham and pineapple so I'm almost to full to type. I've had my ration of carb, protein, and fat for the day and maybe some of tomorrow. Now for a relaxing evening with an unending glass of iced tea.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:20 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,331,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
No Cubans. Daughter showed up with 4 large pizzas and one was ham and pineapple so I'm almost to full to type. I've had my ration of carb, protein, and fat for the day and maybe some of tomorrow. Now for a relaxing evening with an unending glass of iced tea.
For some reason, I never took to pizza with pineapple on it (Hawiian style pizza). I don't care for anchovies on my pizza either.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:31 PM

431 posts, read 1,199,877 times
Mister and I would have Borscht made with cabbage served with sour cream and fresh French bread.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn79/Cuisinette/Soup/Bors/15.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-13-2008, 05:32 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,105,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Ham recipe... Its a sweet one! Elston you will LOVE LOVE it! Similar to the others but I mix butter and brown sugar together then pack it on the ham. Pineapple rings are mounted and topped with Maricino Cherrys. I use ginger ale, pineapple juice, and grenidine also. This is going to be the "gravy" for your ham when it all done Just a thought... Another key is after the ham is done take it from the oven and let rest awhile... Tender, moist, and yummy! My hub has a large family so at Thanksgiving (32 people) I cook 2 large turkeys in the double oven and use the guest house oven for the ham. 50 lbs potatoes :0 Lots of cooking to look forward to If you want exact measurments for the ham I can work that out
Amberbaby, this recipe might give Honey Baked Ham a run for its money at our house! It sounds scrumptous. I prepare my hams the same way you suggested, but the ginger ale, pineapple juice, and grenadine are new to me for a gravy. How do you prepare it?

Elston, your ham also sounds yummy. Thanks to both of you for some new ideas! And, Cuisinette, what can I say, but that looks so good! Any leftovers?
Tonight, it was tilapia with onions, butter, dill, cayenne pepper and dash of Bay Seasoning baked in foil for DH. I love my poached Coho salmon. I mix dill, yogurt, lemon juice, chopped cucumber, minced garlic clove, and plain yogurt made into a sauce to serve cold over the poached salmon.

Just a cheese, tomato and onion schiccaccia for DH and green baby greens for both of us with lots of feta cheese and olive oil. Pretty good, if I do say so myself and very little prep time (20 minutes).

Old 09-13-2008, 05:37 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,331,869 times
When doing fish, try cooking it on the grill. Tin foil, butter, etc but put it on the hot coals instead of on the grill itself. Corn on the cob can be done the same way but leave the husks on until the corn is cooked.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
And, Cuisinette, what can I say, but that looks so good! Any leftovers?
Plenty, hop on the plane.

I trade the pot of soup for your fish, what you say? Your dinner sound so great.
I never begged in my life, but I will do it for seafood, LOL

Old 09-13-2008, 05:55 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,315,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
For some reason, I never took to pizza with pineapple on it (Hawiian style pizza). I don't care for anchovies on my pizza either.
I eat most all pizza as long no anchovies and no bell pepper. Don't like olives but eat them anyway. Would rather hold the peperoni as it does not like me... Bring on the hot peppers, cheeses, veggies, BBQ, etc. I'll find a place to put it. I can lay awake in bed at night thinking up ways to corrupt another one.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,105,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
When doing fish, try cooking it on the grill. Tin foil, butter, etc but put it on the hot coals instead of on the grill itself. Corn on the cob can be done the same way but leave the husks on until the corn is cooked.
I'm with you, njmike. I love salmon on the grill, too, but I reserve my Coho for poaching so I have just the flavor of the salmon! We soak our corn in the husk for an hour or two in a pot of water so that it really steams as the corn roasts. It is wonderful set right on hot coals or a smoldering wood fire that way, too. (Two nor'easterners, huh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuisinette View Post
Plenty, hop on the plane.

I trade the pot of soup for your fish, what you say? Your dinner sound so great.
I never begged in my life, but I will do it for seafood, LOL
You are so generous, Cuisinette!! I may have a frequent flyer left! LOL. Checking your location, it sounds like it might be Mount Trashmore in Riverview, MI - a ski slope made overtop a landfill on God's flattest terrain!

I love fish, but I'll take a nice bowl of soup, any kind, any day of the week. You never have to beg at my house when it comes to food. Your wish in my command! Ask my kids and their spouses.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:10 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,252,118 times
Amber, I am going to borrow that recipe just as soon as I can - YUM!

Nomoresnow - I don't like that "down and dirty" type of rivalry either - if it ain't fun and good natured, why bother is what I think!

Elston - please let us know how it turns out - I bet it is going to be great!

Cuisinette - That looks sooooo good! I have never had Borscht so I don't understand the adding of the sour cream? Please share?

NJMike - I have seen others do this, but I have yet to try it - are the silks hard to get off after grilling or do you remove them first and then replace the husks?

Nomad, Nomad, Nomad - once again we are in tune! I love pizza (minus the fish or fruit) and would love to get a GOOD barbecue pizza! YUM! There is a family owned Italian restaurant here called "Gargano's" and to me, this is the best pizza ever! Mama Suzy used to dance with the wine bottle on her head at special occasions before she got too old. The food is still good, but I think it has suffered some since "Mama" died. Still the best pizza I ever had though!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post

Cuisinette - That looks sooooo good! I have never had Borscht so I don't understand the adding of the sour cream? Please share?
This is optional. Some like to add the sour cream, some don't.
They go well together like Pizza and Parmesan.

It is a matter of taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink