Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 10:19 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times

Advertisements

The mahi mahi turned out delicious. I never cooked it before and only ate it for the first time at the restaurant last week. I marinated it several hours in things I pulled from the fridge: some oj, soy sauce, red wine, minced garlic and honey, then baked it until it was done. It was a large piece of fish, so I just had one scoop of noodles along with it. I didn't even bother with a veggie tonight.

Dessert was a small bowl of fruit: red grapes, blueberries, and orange slices.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
The mahi mahi turned out delicious. I never cooked it before and only ate it for the first time at the restaurant last week. I marinated it several hours in things I pulled from the fridge: some oj, soy sauce, red wine, minced garlic and honey, then baked it until it was done. It was a large piece of fish, so I just had one scoop of noodles along with it. I didn't even bother with a veggie tonight.

Hmmmmmmmm, sounds delicious! Will try that, thanks for sharing.

I only grabbed 2 slices of white wheat toast on my way to classes. Had I known that the class was finished after 75 mins I wouldn't have eaten the toast but cooked something afterwards

Nearly my whole family is sick at home. DH has fever and a bad cold. DS has something with his eyes and a light cold and I have a sore throat and a light cold too. My mom called in sick today too so it's only my dad who feels good but as he came home only yesterday evening there is the chance he catches something from us

Will do some grocery shopping after work today and cook something nice tonight. Don't know what yet, but will tell you.

Have a great Friday

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all-MM hope everyone gets better soon.

Whew Noma is the party over yet?

Have no idea about dinner yet.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:26 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
First off....looks like we have a couple of newbies! Welcome to a fun, informative thread with wonderful people. We love to talk and eat as is obvious. So, keep coming back and thank you for sharing. I am in "rep-prison" at the moment so cannot personally welcome you with a rep but as soon as I can I will!!!

Nov. is definately a very popular Birthday month. My grandson, Ambers little boy, will be 4 years old on the 11th of Nov. How time flies! Seems he was just born! My goodness, some parents were pretty busy around March! Yes lacey, doesn't seem to be many Birthdays left for April! I am sure there are more of us out there though......

Yes! Birthday gift has been purchased. Will send it out today Priority mail just to be sure it gets there in time! Had a great day shopping and went to several stores...spent to much money! Ugh! Ended our day at Sams Club--the $500.00 club! Ha! Had a late lunch out so didn't bother with dinner and fell asleep early. Of course that ment I was up way before the sun again! It looks like another beautiful day here so maybe I will venture out in the yard and dig up those 300 plus bulbs today!! Yikes! Also have to run to our little local town and pick up some cat supplies!! That is only a hour round trip drive! Oh joy!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:

Mahi Mahi is my favorite fish! Yum!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Nov. is definately a very popular Birthday month. My grandson, Ambers little boy, will be 4 years old on the 11th of Nov. How time flies! Seems he was just born! My goodness, some parents were pretty busy around March! Yes lacey, doesn't seem to be many Birthdays left for April! I am sure there are more of us out there though......
It's a small world - my youngest nephew (my sister's son) will turn 4 on the 11th also! I'm late with the b-day shopping this year, just managed to get to the store last night, and the results will go out priority mail today. Since they only live about 130 miles away, it should arrive in plenty of time. (I hope.)

Today will be another busy one at work with financials, and this evening, we'll be prepping and staging for the daughter's move tomorrow to her new apartment (huzzah, huzzah). She and her sig-other have gotten a lot of boxes over there this week already, which will help a lot, but tomorrow is destined to be the furniture moving day. Which of course means that we're supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow.....

Not too sure what supper'll be, though given the planned activities, my money is on carry-out of some sort.

Happy Friday, all, here's wishing you a great one!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Hubby took the day off today. It is Diva's Teacher's Parent Teacher's Conference.... LUCKILY she swears she is always 100% on her BESTEST BEHAVIOR EVER at school.... she just saves the bestest drama ever for home (lucky S Family ) My little one is home from PreK with the bug I had earlier in the week and going from bouts of energy to crashing real quick.... so I will be staying her with her while Hubby goes to the conference.... Dinner will be in celebration of Diva's Great Report Card!!!!! So, whatever she wants (most likely chicken and fries!) Right now they are using Dear Daddy as a jungle gym as he tries to JUGGLE his coffee! Happy Friday Morning! LOL (I am enjoying my morning off with him home )

Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectcolor View Post
I will prepare a rosted chicken and some fruits on my dining table..
Welcome. Sounds good and healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
We did a Steak, which I marinated for 24 hours in a ginger sesame sauce. With homemade mash potatoes and some sauteed peppers. Great meal and everything was under $10.
How come I wasn't invited?

Quote:

Glad you like it. I love mahi mahi. I like mild fish. Have you had swordfish? That is also very good marinated and grilled or blackened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post

Nearly my whole family is sick at home. DH has fever and a bad cold. DS has something with his eyes and a light cold and I have a sore throat and a light cold too. My mom called in sick today too so it's only my dad who feels good but as he came home only yesterday evening there is the chance he catches something from us

Will do some grocery shopping after work today and cook something nice tonight. Don't know what yet, but will tell you.
Hope you all feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Hubby took the day off today. It is Diva's Teacher's Parent Teacher's Conference.... LUCKILY she swears she is always 100% on her BESTEST BEHAVIOR EVER at school.... she just saves the bestest drama ever for home (lucky S Family ) My little one is home from PreK with the bug I had earlier in the week and going from bouts of energy to crashing real quick.... so I will be staying her with her while Hubby goes to the conference.... Dinner will be in celebration of Diva's Great Report Card!!!!! So, whatever she wants (most likely chicken and fries!) Right now they are using Dear Daddy as a jungle gym as he tries to JUGGLE his coffee! Happy Friday Morning! LOL (I am enjoying my morning off with him home )
Gotta love girls. I'm glad you got to spend time with your hubby this morning.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:44 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning all. It is a beautiful sunny day in the mountains. I'll be grilling sausage and veggies for my hubby tonight and I'll have a big salad.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:50 AM

It has always amazed me the duel personalities of our little ones! So good with others and so testy at home sometimes! They sure do learn young! Ha! Now that's a good daddy to take the day off and go to his little girls parent teachers conference! Not to mention giving you a break at home!!

MWB..if you send it Priority you have plenty of time..no problem. I know if I mail it 3,000 miles it gets there in 2 days. If it is a busy time of year or there is a problem maybe 3 days! We do business online and have to send out our goods and depend on Priority mail. Only time we have had any problems is of course at Christmas time but still it has been pretty dependable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink