Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 AM

41,777 posts, read 74,786,854 times

Advertisements

We're out of turkey. Dang!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,414,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
We're out of turkey. Dang!
And I wish we WERE out of turkey.....huh.....I can't believe my husband deep fried yet ANOTHER one last night....widening his "horizon" and master cooking skills....LOL.
To be honest? Even though it's delicious...I've had ENOUGH, and don't want to see another turkey, or eat one, until next year!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
And I wish we WERE out of turkey.....huh.....I can't believe my husband deep fried yet ANOTHER one last night....widening his "horizon" and master cooking skills....LOL.
To be honest? Even though it's delicious...I've had ENOUGH, and don't want to see another turkey, or eat one, until next year!!!
Take some of that turkey, slice it, pour gravy over it and freeze it in meal-sized containers (plastic containers like those throw away zip lock bowls). When you are looking for a fast but great meal...microwave it and make some mashed potatoes, a veggie and pour it over a couple slices of bread. You will be glad you did. The good thing is you won't "burn-out" on your turkey this way!!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,925,320 times
Tonight is baked or grilled chicken breasts with rice in a cheddar cheese sauce, with broccoli or peas (kinda boring, but comforting)

Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 PM

51 posts, read 237,094 times
I made Cornish hens Sunday night. Bake them at 375 for an hour with butter and seasonings (i used italian seasoning, lawry's, and garlic powder). I also made boxed pasta salad which is so easy all you do is boil the pasta and stir in the seasoning mix. Our veggie was peas out of the can. It was all easy to do, but a change from our regular pattern.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Here is a great one.

Take a bunch of chicken thighs and put in baking pan...add a bottle of Robusto Italian Dressing (wish bone) Throw (literally) brown sugar over the chicken.

Cover with tin foil and cook for two hours in a 250 degree oven (YES 250) with the tin foil on.
After two hours cook without the tin foil for another two hours.

So good and yet so simple! Enjoy!
Tonight I fell back into what I know how to make---chicken fried steak. It'll do for tonight. But tomorrow night I'm trying this recipe--YUM!! crazyworld is giving me some great hints about using some chicken breasts, through direct messaging, as I already have those. I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Thanks to all of you I am slowly getting out of my "rut". My husband thanks you all too!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
It has to be simple for me or I won't do it.

The following are some simple ideas I fix from time to time:

Chili (using ground beef, canned tomatoes and a mix) served over a baked potato or rice

Hamburger stroganoff (also with ground beef, can of mushroom soup, sour cream, sprinkle of nutmeg) served over rice or noodles.

Tacos (with fixings)

I'll try to think of some more.
I have to tell you..I made your hamburger stroganoff and then froze the leftover in plastic containers. When my step son came by a few weeks back I gave them to him. Being a single man he doesn't eat as good as he should. Well he fell in love with this stroganoff. He asked me today if I could make some more and freeze it. Your idea sure was a big hit with him----we enjoyed it too. Thanks!!

Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,356,966 times
I pre made stuffed potato skins for tonight, mixed Knorr brand creamed spinach dip mix with the potatoes I scooped out along with black pepper, butter and milk and topped it with grated white chedder and fresh chopped green onions. I have Chicken Wings marinading in Lemon Garlic that i'll be cooking on the grill and served on top of a bed of angle hair pasta plus Asparagus spears with a drizzle of butter.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,712,443 times
For tonight...I sauted some onions mushrooms and green peppers with a bit of garlic powder, seasoned salt and fresh basil. I sliced up pork cutlets very thin and sauted till just white.
Added a couple cans of stewed tomatoes, little more garlic powder, basil and parmesan cheese. Simmer for a couple hours.

Serve over angel hair.

It is a very light sauce but different and so good with great flavor. Quick and easy with leftovers.

Last edited by crazyworld; 11-27-2007 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: bad spelling

Old 11-27-2007, 03:26 PM

849 posts, read 1,946,897 times
Here's a quick and easy recipe that is so good!

1. Boil some bow tie pasta aldente
2. Mean while, fry some sliced smoked sausage with some chopped onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
3. Add a can of diced tomatoes and 1 cup of heavy cream and simmer it down while the pasta is cooking. Taste and season with some salt and pepper
4. Add cooked pasta and toss.

Serve it with some salad and nice crusty bread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink